Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Most corrupt American politicians of all time

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Does Hamilton get the award for worst father (among presidents)? Can’t believe the advice he gave his son Phillip going into that duel. 

No, Hamilton was never President. Jefferson fathered slaves that he never freed. Quentin Roosevelt died a hero, but his corpse was splashed across the papers everywhere and his dad never recovered from pushing his son towards a martial existence.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Does Hamilton get the award for worst father (among presidents)? Can’t believe the advice he gave his son Phillip going into that duel. 

Hamilton was just the absolute worst (not a POTUS though).  He basically killed his son by telling him it was honorable to waste a shot, challenged like 11 people to duels and used the "sock puppet" routine to damage his rivals.   Oh and he wanted to establish a monarchy and land barons like Britain had to rule everything.  Oh and he never met an overseas banker he did not want to blow.

I guess he has one up on TJ whos bastard sons were house slaves.

He sucked on so many levels, like the worst founding father.  But hey, what about that musical!!! 

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

No, Hamilton was never President. Jefferson fathered slaves that he never freed. Quentin Roosevelt died a hero, but his corpse was splashed across the papers everywhere and his dad never recovered from pushing his son towards a martial existence.

Meh, WW1 fighter pilot was pretty glamorous.  Pretty much 99% of the combatants would have traded places with him instantly.  Teddy had no idea that the fatality rate for WW1 pilots would be so high.  That was not the reasoning of the time.  The thought was they were the new knights in armor on horseback.  

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hamilton was just the absolute worst (not a POTUS though).  He basically killed his son by telling him it was honorable to waste a shot, challenged like 11 people to duels and used the "sock puppet" routine to damage his rivals.   Oh and he wanted to establish a monarchy and land barons like Britain had to rule everything.  Oh and he never met an overseas banker he did not want to blow.

He sucked on so many levels, like the worst founding father.  But hey, what about that musical!!! 

Listen man, you can bag on Hamilton the person all day. I’m with you. But keep talking bout the musical like that and we’re going to Best Buy. You don’t know the joy of being able to throw it in the rotation of a three year old who insists on Beauty and the Beast 40 times in a row and she still digs it. I love you, but I’m warning you.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Nobody said Aaron Burr? He murdered Alexander Hamilton! He conspired with Britain, then Spain, and the General of the Army to steal half the country! One great musical and your character gets rehabilitated. We should all be so lucky.

C'mon, he just wanted to be in the room where it happens. 

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My man drops the Federalist Papers in every other argument, yet shits on Hamilton whenever he can. Mostly because he hates a musical that he’s never seen. Meanwhile, he lets Jefferson and his endless hypocrisies off the hook.

Signed, 

Phocion :ph34r:

20 hours ago, AztecSU said:

You mean like pretty much every state that has regular natural disasters? This behavior where you hate a state because of how you feel about it politically is early stage dehumanizing. "they don't need help, they aren't like us."

This antipathy toward California shown on here by some during the fires was a real eye-opener for me. 

56 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

My man drops the Federalist Papers in every other argument, yet shits on Hamilton whenever he can. Mostly because he hates a musical that he’s never seen. Meanwhile, he lets Jefferson and his endless hypocrisies off the hook.

Signed, 

Phocion :ph34r:

Hamilton had some pretty lit ideas.  Hamilton had some pretty horrible ideas that were ultimately rejected and never made it into the framing of our nation.

And I will never not believe that two consenting adults should be allowed to duel.  

9 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

They’re about to shut schools down. Numbers are higher now than ever before. 

Yeah I know it’s off-topic but I was surprised at how high that number was. In SD County with 3.3M we’re averaging 200-300/day and even at that we’re flirting with being put pack into CA’s most restrictive category where pretty much everything shuts back down. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

56 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

This antipathy toward California shown on here by some during the fires was a real eye-opener for me. 

Fortunately our very liberal governor knows that all you have to do to get your way with Nacho Duce is place a small peck on his ass to stoke his ego. In the UT today Newsom is quoted as saying that, when he called Trump on Air Force One to ask him to change his mind, he didn’t even finish asking before Trump said “You got it!”

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

33 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hamilton had some pretty lit ideas.  Hamilton had some pretty horrible ideas that were ultimately rejected and never made it into the framing of our nation.

And I will never not believe that two consenting adults should be allowed to duel.  

He was also the most full-throated and effective supporter of the Constitution after the convention and fought harder to preserve the union in its early days than anyone else. And his vision of the U.S. ultimately proved to be far more accurate than Jefferson’s, even as we fight the same mercantilism v. agrarianism fights today.

Hamilton was complicated. He was brilliant, but a hot-head who was insecure about his legacy and his own history. It didn’t help that he spent his most important years as rivals to a bunch of patricians, like Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe, who all did their fair share of sliming him (as he did to them, too.) But I reject the view that Hamilton was a villain.

Politics were nasty back then.

19 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

He was also the most full-throated and effective supporter of the Constitution after the convention and fought harder to preserve the union in its early days than anyone else. And his vision of the U.S. ultimately proved to be far more accurate than Jefferson’s, even as we fight the same mercantilism v. agrarianism fights today.

Hamilton was complicated. He was brilliant, but a hot-head who was insecure about his legacy and his own history. It didn’t help that he spent his most important years as rivals to a bunch of patricians, like Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe, who all did their fair share of sliming him (as he did to them, too.) But I reject the view that Hamilton was a villain.

See, this is my problem. It started as a welcome diversion to princess movies. There was singing, there was dancing, no those girls aren’t princesses but you can like their dresses, yes there’s a king but he’s the bad guy but it’s okay to like him because he’s silly and it’s funny when he spits. But now this freaking toddler is questioning everything. So I find myself trying to explain the complexities of the American Revolution and the fraught politics of the 1790’s. And I gotta be honest, I just don’t think I’m reaching this damn kid.

28 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Honestly, hating Hamilton is only fun because of this board.  It started as a joke while I was pushing hard for the derby that was about to start in July.  That thread was just a little over the top in it's praise and it was a good opening to upset people while not being overly offensive.  Now #Burrdidnothingwrong! is just fun for me.

3 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Only the Demorats who have phucked up what used to be a great state. Now they’re trying to phuck up a great country. 

44 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Honestly, hating Hamilton is only fun because of this board.  It started as a joke while I was pushing hard for the derby that was about to start in July.  That thread was just a little over the top in it's praise and it was a good opening to upset people while not being overly offensive.  Now #Burrdidnothingwrong! is just fun for me.

I know, but I love talking about that era. Flawed men with incredible ideas fighting like dogs in sometimes the most petty and vindictive ways imaginable. It’s the best.

52 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

See, this is my problem. It started as a welcome diversion to princess movies. There was singing, there was dancing, no those girls aren’t princesses but you can like their dresses, yes there’s a king but he’s the bad guy but it’s okay to like him because he’s silly and it’s funny when he spits. But now this freaking toddler is questioning everything. So I find myself trying to explain the complexities of the American Revolution and the fraught politics of the 1790’s. And I gotta be honest, I just don’t think I’m reaching this damn kid.

I love this post!

54 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Post of the year candidate right here.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I know, but I love talking about that era. Flawed men with incredible ideas fighting like dogs in sometimes the most petty and vindictive ways imaginable. It’s the best.

Oh it is.  That era, 15th and 16th century Europe, and the last two centuries of the Roman Republic are my favorite eras in History.  Larger than life characters with larger than life egos and personalities.