Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

POLL: Do you support the Democrats' efforts to break up BIG TECH?

Do you support the Democrats' efforts to break up BIG TECH?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Democrats' efforts to break up BIG TECH?

• YES. BIG TECH is a monopolistic threat to our freedom. I support the Democrats' effort to kill BIG TECH!
    • NO. We need BIG TECH to act as a nanny and filter to what we can read and say online. BIG TECH keeps us safe from different opinions. In BIG TECH we trust.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

why did I get tagged :shrug:

Because you and I apparently have the same views on the government. 

I dunno, I'm as confused as you.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, Rebels18 said:

@renoskier @smltwnrckr I said you were accusing @#1Stunner of being pro-big government

Ah. Thank you for clarifying. He is, btw.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

15 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

being a stooge for big tech companies I see, kinda weiiiird

In what world does increased government control of social media help you? Such regulations could easily silence right-wing voices more than you already think is happening

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

c'mon @#1Stunner we're talking about private companies here, are you saying you're pro-big government like @smltwnrckr and @renoskier are ? ?

srsly, if you dont like the biggest tech corporations on earth influencing public access to information, then just don't use them or make your own!! 

government regulation is bad! 

^^^ owns stock in BIG TECH!!! (He's got more money than Dave Rice!!!)

Excuse me Sir, but I'm not rich like you, and I will vote for any politician that will break up BIG TECH!!!

Power to the People!  Break up BIG TECH!!!

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

being a stooge for big tech companies I see, kinda weiiiird

Being a stooge for the state i see, kinda weiiiiird.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

^^^ owns stock in BIG TECH!!! (He's got more money than Dave Rice!!!)

Excuse me Sir, but I'm not rich like you, and I will vote for any politician that will break up BIG TECH!!!

Power to the People!  Break up BIG TECH!!!

If you don't like Google, use Bing, DuckDuckGo, or Startpage (privacy). If you don't like Facebook, use Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, or Parlor. There are plenty of options out there.

3 hours ago, Maji said:

In what world does increased government control of social media help you? Such regulations could easily silence right-wing voices more than you already think is happening

right wing voices are the only voices that are routinely silenced on social media so what do they have to lose?

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Guest #1Stunner
7 hours ago, Maji said:

If you don't like Google, use Bing, DuckDuckGo, or Startpage (privacy). If you don't like Facebook, use Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, or Parlor. There are plenty of options out there.

Sorry, I disagree with you and agree with the Democrats.  

Elizabeth Warren and the Democrats are correct---break up BIG TECH.