Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Hunter Biden (alleged) Emails released by NY POST.

20 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Why are folks who trust MSM not trusting this?  

Why are folks who spent four years saying it's all fake news suddenly believing everything they say?

The pendulum swung already?

Exactly. And those on here that were the most adamant about how fake it all was are now those that claim it’s a slam dunk. Very odd. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

29 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Why are folks who spent four years saying it's all fake news suddenly believing everything they say?

7 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Exactly. And those on here that were the most adamant about how fake it all was are now those that claim it’s a slam dunk. Very odd. 

Come on guys, pay attention!

Fox News, the NY Post, Brietbart, Info Wars, etc... DO NOT EQUAL "main stream media"

CNN, MSNBC, the NY Times, etc... are MSM.

now that we've cleared that up, carry on

Guest #1Stunner
32 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

My guess is if a news story is based on either "undisclosed anonymous sources" vs "real emails" 

nCTvmsWU.jpg

21 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

It's "cults and shit", you know. 

I used to think it was teams and shit, but given how rabidly tribalist it's escalated into the closer we get to the election, I think it's risen to cults and shit. 

It's essentially religious at this point, so the "cults" makes sense.  Good call.

9 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Both parties have turned their flocks minds into mush.  Joe has it right.  Right now, Trump has the strongest BS on the pulpit, where his congregation will believe whatever bullshit comes out of his mouth.  Dems are more of the old-school "follow us or you may die" shtick I remember of Sunday school.  Meanwhile they are still taking all our money and doing the opposite of what we want and they preach.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It's essentially religious at this point, so the "cults" makes sense.  Good call.

Both parties have turned their flocks minds into mush.  Joe has it right.  Right now, Trump has the strongest BS on the pulpit, where his congregation will believe whatever bullshit comes out of his mouth.  Dems are more of the old-school "follow us or you may die" shtick I remember of Sunday school.  Meanwhile they are still taking all our money and doing the opposite of what we want and they preach.

Libertarian Presidential Candidate, Jo Jorgensen, drinking the Basil🤔.  Might have my vote : whiskey

Guest #1Stunner
27 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

It's "cults and shit", you know. 

I used to think it was teams and shit, but given how rabidly tribalist it's escalated into the closer we get to the election, I think it's risen to cults and shit. 

Amen.

Well said!!!

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Libertarian Presidential Candidate, Jo Jorgensen, drinking the Basil🤔.  Might have my vote : whiskey

The problem is that the Green Party and the Libertarians aren't afforded any air time by the Media.  And it's on purpose. 

They are basically unknowns.  

45 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The MSM isn’t saying anything about this. They are actively avoiding it because it hurts Biden. They will do they’re damndest to report on how crazy Giuliani is, go in depth into a computer repair shop, report anonymously about the Post’s newsroom, and report on a letter from a bunch of former spooks that admittedly know nothing but it fits in with the narrative the last four years.

There is no pendulum swinging. It’s the exact same people.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The MSM isn’t saying anything about this. They are actively avoiding it because it hurts Biden. They will do they’re damndest to report on how crazy Giuliani is, go in depth into a computer repair shop, report anonymously about the Post’s newsroom, and report on a letter from a bunch of former spooks that admittedly know nothing but it fits in with the narrative the last four years.

What? It was all over every website, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc., a couple of days ago.

Of course they didn't all treat the story the same but why would they?

There's not even a good definition of what MSM is anymore. And this story is 2 days old, everyone has moved on to the next story, Gogle being sued and a guy showing his dick on a zoom call :shrug:

17 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Seeing how the consumption of media is no longer tied to anything more than mass consumption and clickbait, a Newscorp property like the NY Post serves a similar role.  Attempting to harness the term by its traditional sense would mean that there is no opening for new media to obtain a sizable platform, even though similar Newscorp properties eclipse viewership than all others.  The fact folks have latched on to this means either A) this is mainstream enough to reach the entire nation and have a sizable portion trusting its content as reputable or B) many people have bought into tabloid material that has been unproven to be factual enough to meet said "MSM" of the traditional term.  Or maybe both.

27 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Seeing how the consumption of media is no longer tied to anything more than mass consumption and clickbait, a Newscorp property like the NY Post serves a similar role.  Attempting to harness the term by its traditional sense would mean that there is no opening for new media to obtain a sizable platform, even though similar Newscorp properties eclipse viewership than all others.  The fact folks have latched on to this means either A) this is mainstream enough to reach the entire nation and have a sizable portion trusting its content as reputable or B) many people have bought into tabloid material that has been unproven to be factual enough to meet said "MSM" of the traditional term.  Or maybe both.

People latched on to this because twitter banned the NYpost and deleted tweets sharing the story. The print giants and alphabet news agencies stuck their fingers in their ears and tried to hush anyone else at their outlets from treating it as a legitimate story. For some reason they think they were too hard on Hilary and nobody wants to be the outcast by doing reporting on something substantial that their peers want to dismiss as “butter emails.”

Now you’re a lot more open minded than most. So if everyone wants to jump on the NY Post as a hardcore investigate news site that doesn’t require checking into, let alone being dismissed, let’s run with that world. But at some point people need to come to grips with that, or the journalistic institution have to stop being as or less reliable than a tabloid when it’s a story they don’t like. I’d prefer the latter.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

People latched on to this because twitter banned the NYpost and deleted tweets sharing the story. The print giants and alphabet news agencies stuck their fingers in their ears and tried to hush anyone else at their outlets from treating it as a legitimate story. For some reason they think they were too hard on Hilary and nobody wants to be the outcast by doing reporting on something substantial that their peers want to dismiss as “butter emails.”

Now you’re a lot more open minded than most. So if everyone wants to jump on the NY Post as a hardcore investigate news site that doesn’t require checking into, let alone being dismissed, let’s run with that world. But at some point people need to come to grips with that, or the journalistic institution have to stop being as or less reliable than a tabloid when it’s a story they don’t like. I’d prefer the latter.

A news media analysis course should be required in high school.  That way, we all took a class in seeing how all these mediums are owned by conglomerates with special interests in mind and the rhetoric that is baked into the news.  I haven't relied on them for years.  I also don't trust much of what the government releases to media.  My life is a lot easier to live this way.  I do watch local news, but that is for weather and local stuff only.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

The problem is that the Green Party and the Libertarians aren't afforded any air time by the Media.  And it's on purpose. 

They are basically unknowns.  

The problem for those parties is that nobody wants to vote for them. I used to be in a libertarian club. Membership numbers were pathetic and nobody showed up unless there was free pizza.

14 minutes ago, Maji said:

The LP has a major problem appealing to females in particular

They really need to make a hard push for the disenfranchised Republicans.

That said, I do agree with the theory if you want to build a party you have to start locally and regionally.  You have a much higher chance of winning there.

Just now, WAC_FAN said:

They really need to make a hard push for the disenfranchised Republicans.

That said, I do agree with the theory if you want to build a party you have to start locally and regionally.  You have a much higher chance of winning there.

My mother is on the fence.  She was a Minnesota Dem (social liberal, fiscal conservative) who voted for Trump and now rejects Trump but doesn't enjoy the Dems anymore.  The Libertarian Party could be a good middle ground if they stick to constitutionalism and only use government as a tool for the American people.

8 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

My mother is on the fence.  She was a Minnesota Dem (social liberal, fiscal conservative) who voted for Trump and now rejects Trump but doesn't enjoy the Dems anymore.  The Libertarian Party could be a good middle ground if they stick to constitutionalism and only use government as a tool for the American people.

The LP won't be viewed as a middle ground party without major revisions to their policies