Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

100-year-old Holocaust survivor compares Trump to Hitler

4 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

"When I hear Trump speak, I hear Hitler again. When I see his rallies, it’s like what I saw in Nazi Germany”.

Read between the lines.

Again you can look at a min pin and see a Doberman.  Doesn’t mean the min pin is a Doberman 

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You’re such a fvcking loser. I don’t even read your stupid responses to what I post anymore. You’re right up there with retrofaded in spending so much of your life here. 

Ahhhhhj, you've made my day !

Will you block me as well ? 

Please, oh please.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Los_Aztecas said:

"When I hear Trump speak, I hear Hitler again. When I see his rallies, it’s like what I saw in Nazi Germany”.

Read between the lines.

Please tell us of the imaginary truths and pearls of wisdom that lay between those lines.

She stated she sees the similarities based on her personal experiences then and now. Yet, you and your crowd refute her experiences, because you somehow know better.

If you had bothered to read the entire article, near the end the author also raised those questions and realizes she is comparing Trump to the Hitler and Nazi movement of 1934. Not 1944.

J

F

C

Americans Mayor

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Don’t waste your time with these idiots.

She’s 100 years old, and anyone that thinks someone at that age is capable of accurately analyzing someone like Trump is almost certainly a TDS-Q hopeless partisan. She might even be a partisan Dem herself on top of all that. It’s amazing how stupid people are that think because someone made it through the Holocaust, they are the last word on anything regarding the war. There were all kinds of people that were victims, and that includes people that were smart and even people that had mental issues. We know age kicks our ass when it comes to doing everything. 

Ultimately, we do know something is wrong with the woman’s judgment if she equates Trump to Hitler. The only person that’s more clueless than that is the stupid author of this thread. So from this point forward, I’m going to address him as NaziSpaz. Not that it will occur very much because of how boring is act is. 

If you believe in Teams and Shit, you just might believe in Authoritarianism.

Americans Mayor

15 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

These two low IQ clowns ( @Spaztecs and @sactowndog )are accusing me of being a white nationalist, a holocaust denier, and alt right, because I said that I disagree with a 100 year old lady's comparison of Buffoon Trump to Hitler.

then you see the word "Trump", and your Trump Boner goes off, and you get upset that I responded to their STUPID takes?  You are more upset that I called them that, but are OK with their insults? OK.

No, I did not. I questioned how you could disbelieve someone who experienced it first hand.

But, then again, you know more than she does.

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

No, I did not. I questioned how you could disbelieve someone who experienced it first hand.

I can visualize you peering out your curtains looking for the brown coat boogymen every night. I’ll bet you belong to Antifa. C’mon admit it.

Do you brag to your children how you are going to conquer the modern day Hitler? Maybe they’ll erect a statue of you in your front yard, the great patriot that saved us all. 

Guest #1Stunner
8 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

^^^ Low IQ

You are an idiot. 

Stop calling people holocaust deniers because they disagreed with your dumb post that Trump supposedly is Hitler.

Guest #1Stunner
10 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I read the article. It was retarded. You're going to jump to Trump is Hitler because a 100 year old says Trump reminds her of Hitler, and she "lived it" 85+ years ago?

RETARDED.

Not defending Trump, he's an incompetent bumbling buffoon. But seriously, I'm tired of reading that Trump = Hitler for the last 4 years. 

@Spaztecs is possibly mentally retarded.

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

^^^ Low IQ

You are an idiot. 

Stop calling people holocaust deniers because they disagreed with your dumb post that Trump supposedly is Hitler.

You are actually disagreeing with a living survivor of the holocaust.

People see Trump and Hitler comparisons and jump right to killing of Jews and World Wars. But not the destruction of norms, media, basically the early stage of Hitler's rise to power. I don't think anyone actually believes Trump will be as murderous as Hitler, but certainly his callousness in the COVID response should not be discounted. 

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

People see Trump and Hitler comparisons and jump right to killing of Jews and World Wars. But not the destruction of norms, media, basically the early stage of Hitler's rise to power. I don't think anyone actually believes Trump will be as murderous as Hitler, but certainly his callousness in the COVID response should not be discounted. 

Or his callousness in removing children from parents , or forcing the Secret Service to drive him around while sick.   The list goes on...

9 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Please tell us of the imaginary truths and pearls of wisdom that lay between those lines.  You're an adult. Think for yourself sometime.

She stated she sees the similarities based on her personal experiences then and now. Yet, you and your crowd refute her experiences, because you somehow know better. No, I don't trust her eyewitness account of what she remembers 85 years ago. I barely remember what happened when I was 10, and I'm nowhere close to 100. I'm sure she went through hell, doesn't mean I have to think Trump is lil' Hitler because she said so.

If you had bothered to read the entire article, near the end the author also raised those questions and realizes she is comparing Trump to the Hitler and Nazi movement of 1934. Not 1944. I read the article. She never made that comparison. Sure, the author qualifies that this is HIS OPINION of what she meant at the very end, but that's not the point of the article. The point of the article is to create a visceral reaction so people conflate Trump with Hitler.

J

F

C

"But when an eyewitness such as Ruth Nussbaum with a century of wisdom and lived experience warns us of the similarities, we ignore her at our own peril."

What do you think this means? :rolleyes:

Guest #1Stunner
50 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

You are actually disagreeing with a living survivor of the holocaust.

Yes.  I disagree with her opinion that Trump = Hitler.

The two aren't remotely close.

I pushed back against Ruth’s emotional comments. As a journalist who has interviewed dozens of survivors and reported extensively on Holocaust-related topics, and as the son of a mother who escaped the Nazis and a father whose aunts, uncles and ten first cousins were murdered by them, I have long believed that nobody and nothing can or should be compared to Hitler and Nazism.

The slaughter of six million Jews has been used and abused far too often by those who have no concept of its mechanized magnitude, from PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) on the extreme left, to evangelical Christians on the extreme right. Its unfathomable evil has been cheapened by pop culture references to “soup Nazis” and sitcom jokes about Anne Frank.

So I told Ruth in 2016 I thought she was exaggerating, that the Holocaust was an event unique in its horror, that the unhinged diatribes of Donald Trump, as racist and moronic as they might be, were not equivalent to genocide.

Four years later, I’ve come to realize Ruth is right. Donald Trump still is not the Adolf Hitler of 1944. But he legitimately can be compared to the Hitler of 1934 – and that, perhaps, is by design. Legal filings from Trump’s first divorce revealed he owned and studied a book of the Führer’s early speeches. A new analysis by prominent civil liberties attorney Burt Neuborne cites twenty ways Trump’s words and actions are similar to those of Hitler in the early years of the Third Reich, from the attacks on mainstream media and objective truth to huge rallies, mass detention, ultranationalism and demonization of all opponents.

In recent weeks, as early voting begins, Trump has repeatedly refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses in November. This is no surprise to Ruth, who told me earlier this month that “Trump is like a dictator. He’s crazy like Hitler was”.

Despite the barbed wire and caged children, a detention center in Texas is not Dachau in Bavaria. But when an eyewitness such as Ruth Nussbaum with a century of wisdom and lived experience warns us of the similarities, we ignore her at our own peril.

Guest #1Stunner
12 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Read between the lines.

20 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Ah, so you didn't actually read the piece. ok.

See above.

I read the story.  I disagree with this lady's assertion that Donald Trump is Hitler 2.0.

Sorry that upsets you.

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

See above.

I disagree with this lady's assertion that Donald Trump is Hitler 2.0.

Sorry that upsets you.

She says he speaks like him. Funny how this reminds me of when a white person tells a black person about their experience. Now you guys are telling Holocaust survivors they don't know how Hitler spoke. Lulz.

Oh, and thanks for confirming you chimed in without reading the story.

Guest #1Stunner
12 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I read the article. It was retarded. You're going to jump to Trump is Hitler because a 100 year old says Trump reminds her of Hitler, and she "lived it" 85+ years ago?

RETARDED.

Not defending Trump, he's an incompetent bumbling buffoon. But seriously, I'm tired of reading that Trump = Hitler for the last 4 years. 

12 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

She says he speaks like him. Funny how this reminds me of when a white person tells a black person about their experience. Now you guys are telling Holocaust survivors they don't know how Hitler spoke. Lulz.

I read the story.

I agree with @Los_Aztecas , and disagree with this lady's opinion that Donald Trump = Hitler 2.0.    It's over the top, and marginalizes people that were killed under Hitler's reign of terror. (My opinion).  Buffoon Trump is not even close, and hasn't done anything comparable to Hitler. 

Sorry this upsets you that people disagree with you.

Not sure why you are randomly bringing up White / Black interactions, as this article has nothing to say about that, nor have I said anything about that.    

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

I agree with @Los_Aztecas , and disagree with this lady's opinion that Donald Trump = Hitler 2.0.    It's over the top, and marginalizes people that were killed under Hitler's reign of terror. (My opinion).  Buffoon Trump is not even close, and hasn't done anything comparable to Hitler. 

Sorry this upsets you that people disagree with you.

Not sure why you are randomly bringing up White / Black interactions, as this article has nothing to say about that, nor have I said anything about that.    

He is very comparable to Hitler prior to Hindenburg's death whether you like it or not. Will he end up like the post German Referendum Hitler did? Very unlikely but that doesn't mean they aren't very similar.