Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Are you better off today than 4 years ago. 56% says yes

2 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

No.  Not everything Republican says is about Trump.  I get everything is all about Trump for you.

You're right. They're still talking, investigating and obsessing over people who will never run for public office again.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

You're right. They're still talking, investigating and obsessing over people who will never run for public office again.

I fear they’ve damaged the Hunter Biden and Hillary Clinton’s 2020 campaigns beyond repair. I bet they both drop out of the presidency race by the end of the week. 

I'm not better off than I was four years ago, but I'll concede that most Americans were, prior to the mishandling of COVID-19. Wages were slowly rising and unemployment was under the natural rate. I mainly attribute that to the continuation of the growth cycle. Presidents often receive too much credit (or blame) for the economy

If we're talking financially better, there's no comparison.  According to census bureau and Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median income under Trump has increased 23% vs Obama post recession 2011 at 10%. Black median income went up nearly 48% under Trump and less than 8% under Obama. Emotional health is a different matter but certainly financial health is a strong component of emotional health.

On 10/14/2020 at 8:45 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Have you ever considered that there is more to well being than your 401k?

Sure I have more money in my portfolio, but like many I have problems about how the world currently perceives us.  It's embarrassing. 

Ok this pains me to say but... I hope Biden wins and we grind out a shitty four years and the America comes to its senses and votes a middle ground candidate from either side in that unites and works a little closer with the rest of the world.  I don’t mind challenging other countries on policy and making them pay their own fair share but hopefully we can be decent about it and not a total asshole like trump is.  

It’s a pipe dream I know but one can dream!