Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Are you better off today than 4 years ago. 56% says yes

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

(1) More like wars which the Democrats also supported and (2) the mortgage crisis initiated by the Democrats supporting home loans to those that couldn’t afford them. 

(1) Many Dems did support Cheney, er, Dubya's militaristic ventures. However, many did not and it wasn't the Dems who sent one of their own to the UN to make a case for the invasion despite learning a week or two prior that the source of their information for WMDs was a lying crap sack. Nor was it the Dems who then manipulated the contracting out system to get the entirety of the work for a company for which their vice president had once been a big mucky muck.

(2) You're correct about this.

My conclusion about which, knowing you, you won't agree with the first point on: Both parties were FOS. Also, both the Dubya and Obama administrations failed to take any action about the scumbaggery of Wall Street firms which benefited from and probably violated the law regarding point (2).

Just admit it, soupslam. Your party is as FOS as the Democrats.

1 minute ago, 818SUDSFan said:

(1) Many Dems did support Cheney, er, Dubya's militaristic ventures. However, many did not and it wasn't the Dems who sent one of their own to the UN to make a case for the invasion despite learning a week or two before that that the source of their information for WMDs was a lying crap sack. Nor was it the Dems who then manipulated the contracting out system to get the entirety of the work for a company for which their vice president had once been a big mucky muck.

(2) You're correct about this.

My conclusion about which knowing you, you won't agree with the first point on: Both parties were FOS. Also, both the Dubya and Obama administrations failed to take any action about the scumbaggery of Wall Street firms which benefited from and probably violated the law regarding point (2).

Just admit it, soupslam. Your party is as FOS as the Democrats.

Maybe a little bit less. The Repubs were’nt quite the assholes as the Dems until Trump came along. 

13 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Maybe a little bit less. The Repubs were’nt quite the assholes as the Dems until Trump came along. 

Besides the blockade they threw against Obama from day one, vocally too?  A literal war about nothing, with large government contracts to their friends?  The war on drugs?  And let's not act like the mortgage crisis and legislation was completely opposed by Republicans. 

As an independent with no bias between the parties, they are equally worthless, and both filled with more hypocrisy and underlying motive.  Trying to even act like one is more wholesome than the other is hilarious.  The fact anyone attacks one while defending or deflecting the other shows their bias over something so obvious.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Besides the blockade they threw against Obama from day one, vocally too?  A literal war about nothing, with large government contracts to their friends?  The war on drugs?  And let's not act like the mortgage crisis and legislation was completely opposed by Republicans. 

As an independent with no bias between the parties, they are equally worthless, and both filled with more hypocrisy and underlying motive.  Trying to even act like one is more wholesome than the other is hilarious.  The fact anyone attacks one while defending or deflecting the other shows their bias over something so obvious.

It's heartening to see how many here agree that both major political parties have become awful. After decades of being a registered Democrat, I can no longer tolerate them and it appears the same is true of many longtime Republicans with their party. In my view the Libertarian Party isn't a viable alternative but this country clearly needs another major political party.

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Please.  Elections have consequences.  You can get on the bus but you have to sit in the back.  Porkulus.  ACA.  Obama was not an "across the aisle" type of president.  He was nearly incapable of compromise.

Just now, BYUcougfan said:

Please.  Elections have consequences.  You can get on the bus but you have to sit in the back.  Porkulus.  ACA.  Obama was not an "across the aisle" type of president.  He was nearly incapable of compromise.

Exhibit A.  Hard to be an across the aisle when across the aisle says we are blocking you before you even step foot in the WH.  We have been dealing with it for 12 years now.  Don't be a hypocrite, recognize your party sucks like the other one sucks.  

12 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Exhibit A.  Hard to be an across the aisle when across the aisle says we are blocking you before you even step foot in the WH.  We have been dealing with it for 12 years now.  Don't be a hypocrite, recognize your party sucks like the other one sucks.  

Obama started that ball rolling.  Republicans were responding to it.

You should take your own advice.  I have no problem stating that both parties suck.  Even in the post above you are defending your hero.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

More like wars which the Democrats also supported and the mortgage crisis initiated by the Democrats supporting home loans to those that couldn’t afford them. 

Funny how Democrat’s are now responsible for all 8 years of Bush and now the first 4 of Trump.. Its almost like they weren’t even president right.

12 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

You should take your own advice.  I have no problem stating that both parties suck.  Even in the post above you are defending your hero.

Pointing out hypocrisy isn't defense, it's showing you are being untrue to your supposed conviction.  Go ahead an point to anytime I have defended HIM.  I was speaking to the trend of parties blocking politicians, since you can't seem to grasp that both sides did it.  

Nevermind your hypocrisy in your own post. 

13 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Holy delusion Batman. Are you really trying to compare the character of Obama to Trump? Show me Obama’s public attacks on people, show me one single thing. 

7 hours ago, Mano said:

At every point in my adult life, I have been better off financially than I was 4 years previous. Has nothing to do with who was POTUS at the time.

This?! If you don’t have a medical issue and you have a decent profession I would assume this is the case for most people. It’s the great thing about aging... I’m not broke anymore!

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

This?! If you don’t have a medical issue and you have a decent profession I would assume this is the case for most people. It’s the great thing about aging... I’m not broke anymore!

Exactly. No President has had one iota to do with my progression in life....

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

More like wars which the Democrats also supported and the mortgage crisis initiated by the Democrats supporting home loans to those that couldn’t afford them. 

Oh trust me, the Republicans loved these programs also...$$$$

4 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Holy delusion Batman. Are you really trying to compare the character of Obama to Trump? Show me Obama’s public attacks on people, show me one single thing. 

No.  Not everything Republican says is about Trump.  I get everything is all about Trump for you.

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Pointing out hypocrisy isn't defense, it's showing you are being untrue to your supposed conviction.  Go ahead an point to anytime I have defended HIM.  I was speaking to the trend of parties blocking politicians, since you can't seem to grasp that both sides did it.  

Nevermind your hypocrisy in your own post. 

You were blaming the other side while trying to say both sides suck.  I did not say it.

8 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

:rotflmfao:

Birtherism anyone ?

Its our way or no way.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

7 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

And your boy is ?

:lol:

Americans Mayor

7 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

It’s a cult at this point. I used to think they knew he was a fraud and liar but just didn’t care, now I’m not so sure. It’s like they’ve been hypnotized.

Its both.

And his supporters are delusional.

I haven't seen this much electoral angst towards an incumbent since Jimmy Carter. Daily,  the polls are creeping towards a Biden Electoral landslide. the fund raising, people voting early in record numbers making sure their vote is counted despite Trumpian attempts to stop them.

Biden may not win in a Reagan style landslide by taking 45+ States, but it will be undeniable. 

The only question remains, will the courts back Trump's attempts to overturn the election results ?

Americans Mayor