Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

CSU: 8 Nat'l games, 4 on Thurs & 5 on CBSSportsNet

If there are no fans, I guess 1/2-our-games on Thurs is no BIG deal & could be good for getting more nat'l exposure.

This is what we get when we under-achieve for the-last-5-yrs & our conf doesn't decide to play until other conferences took up all the prime TV time slots.

https://www.reporterherald.com/2020/10/13/four-thursday-games-added-to-csu-footballs-2020-schedule/

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

If there are no fans, I guess 1/2-our-games on Thurs is no BIG deal & could be good for getting more nat'l exposure.

This is what we get when we under-achieve for the-last-5-yrs & our conf doesn't decide to play until other conferences took up all the prime TV time slots.

https://www.reporterherald.com/2020/10/13/four-thursday-games-added-to-csu-footballs-2020-schedule/

You guys suck....that is all

4 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

So confirmed then... no fans... at any MWC game?

I have no idea.  I don't think CSU has made any decisions past the first-few-wks.

23 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

I have no idea.  I don't think CSU has made any decisions past the first-few-wks.

CSU had a plan for fans.  It has been shot down.  They are "negotiating" with the overlords for an opportunity to bring in supporters at some point.  I predict that we'll eventually see 5K in the stadium designed for 40K.

8 hours ago, Headbutt said:

CSU had a plan for fans.  It has been shot down.  They are "negotiating" with the overlords for an opportunity to bring in supporters at some point.  I predict that we'll eventually see 5K in the stadium designed for 40K.

So....basically a normal fall day at the Sheep Pen in Fort Fun???  :rock:

On 10/15/2020 at 1:17 AM, Billings said:

Last. checked Wyo was going to allow 7K fans

Only bad thing about that, is that Albany County (basically Laramie) has the highest number of Covid positives in the state right now. So, while having fans there will be fun, the long term consequences could be bad.

4 hours ago, son of a gun said:

Only bad thing about that, is that Albany County (basically Laramie) has the highest number of Covid positives in the state right now. So, while having fans there will be fun, the long term consequences could be bad.

YEa.  To me if you want a season you wear a mask and stay the hell away from crowds or large groups.  

2 hours ago, Billings said:

YEa.  To me if you want a season you wear a mask and stay the hell away from crowds or large groups.  

True, but I think a CFB stadium is plenty big to accommodate a small crowd like 7K.  I doubt having to wear a mask would change hard core fans' minds about attending if they got a chance.  It's not rocket science for the AD to find out who wants to sit in a group, and then seat the groups at a distance.

On 10/14/2020 at 10:32 PM, Headbutt said:

So, a normal Saturday for you guys?

13 minutes ago, phxpoke said:

So, a normal Saturday for you guys?

Yes.  Very similar to a Saturday in Laramie.  I believe we averaged about 330 fans/game more than Wyo.  Wooohoooo!

We had our issues, you had your issues.  Either way, attendance smack is not a good look in this rivalry.

On 10/14/2020 at 6:15 AM, GoState99755 said:

After all the negative headlines that Csu has produced this year alone I  am surprised the conference is even allowing them on television.  Seriously be thankful.