Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyoguns

Pokes vs Wolf Pack Game Thread

5 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

What a game, big thanks to all of you posting during the game. I needed this on multiple levels, more than I realized, so sincerely, thank you. 

Yes.  I didn’t realize how much I needed the emotional rollercoaster of a football game until this one. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

27 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

A dumb penalty. This is the full Nevada experience 

Typical Norvell team, no discipline.  Before the broadcast Doubs ran a punt back for a TD called back on a penalty.  2 TDs called back on penalties.  Games on the line so we get an un-sportsman for hit out of bounds to give them 15 more yrds? 

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Yes.  I didn’t realize how much I needed the emotional rollercoaster of a football game until this one. 

Right? And especially with the mix of hooligans on this board. It’s the emotional connection I needed at the moment. Such a good mix of homers, moderates and even the trolls. And mostly, an audience to laugh at my jokes. Oddly refreshing. 

14 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Didn’t want to speculate at the time but that’s what it looked like to me in real time. I feel sick for the kid. Broke my left fibula in 2005 and have a plate and 6 screws from it. Anyone know if his previous break was surgically repaired? He’s a sophomore yeah? Hopefully we see a nice success story here, but it’s an awful injury, not just the bone, but tendons and soft tissue in the area as well. 

1 hour ago, Mad_Hatter said:

Right? And especially with the mix of hooligans on this board. It’s the emotional connection I needed at the moment. Such a good mix of homers, moderates and even the trolls. And mostly, an audience to laugh at my jokes. Oddly refreshing. 

Always enjoyed the Pokes & their fans.  Tough luck on your QB but the next 1 almost brought you back.  Good luck on the season.

It’s also worth mentioning that coach Norvell lost his father this week. I’m proud of this team for pulling it out for him and his family. The year has been chaos on top of chaos for every team, but it’s especially hard to win when your leader has to leave the team during game week. 

Good game wolf pack...  better team win last night.  That said if Vigen doesn’t get put on notice to get his head out of his ass I’m close to the point that maybe Bohl is the problem.  I’d hate to lose him but going 8-5 every year because he won’t try to open shit up a little on offense is maddening.

1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Damn shame about Wyo's QB. Backup is capable, but that is huge.

Nevada is real.

We always look real on game one. Someone said games 2-5 will be 180 degrees different. That’s no lie in the Novell era. Play calling is still a head scratcher sometimes. I wonder if we use analytics to any degree. That said, the defense looked pretty good against a solid run game. Aztecs look like a machine as usual.