Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyoguns

Pokes vs Wolf Pack Game Thread

2 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

You show up in a thread that has nothing to do with your team and the first thing out of you mouth is...

Then you proceed to trash our team with nonsensical bullshit...

So, don't play the victim here.  You didn't come to talk about the game, you came to start shit.

Yes I made two football posts in a football thread.  They were not shit talking posts either.  Chambers has not shown he can throw the ball.  Wyoming has a great run game.  Wyoming is not built to come from behind.

Oh the horror of those thoughts!!!

Just now, PokeTransplant said:

That had nothing to do with the game...
Just another Donk hit job in a thread that has nothing to do with his team....

I thought my posts on the Wyoming team were very fair.  Wyoming has a great run game, is not built to come from behind and it will come down to how the defense is.  Small joke about chambers having the worst completion percentage in the league but still somehow being a good player.

The freaking horror.

So @PokeTransplant back to football and away from Boise being filled with skinheads and Wyoming hating gay people.

Where do you think I was unfair in my posts?  

To clarify my position a little.  Wyoming should have a great run game.  Best O-line in the league and a top 3 RB (maybe the top RB depending on your homer level) and a QB who could start for most MWC teams at a position other than QB.  Kid is electric.  Wyoming's defense does seem to be one of the biggest question in the MWC.  If it is a small step back, they could very well win the league.  If it is a modest step back they could still win the league with some breaks.  If it is moderate or greater step back I am just not seeing them being competitive but could upset teams like Boise on the right night.

@halfmanhalfbronco not going to address the other stuff. I don't defend either side on carrying it forward.  Both points painted the population of both states with an unfairly broad brush and I personally don't get involved with rhetoric.

As far as football goes.  I think Shawn does have some questions to answer this year with his arm.  There were a few that called out the same flaws with our last NFL quarterback early in his career and he did OK.  I honestly believe our O line is going to make a world of difference in the pass game as they will give Shawn (or Levi) that extra second and a half to make throws.  As far as the run game.  If X doesn't go for at least 1500 on the ground (barring injury) with another 300-400 receiving, then i'll be wrong as far as rating him in the top tier of MWC RBs.  Our receiving corps is young, but damn we have some length with Gentry, Eberhardt, Brown and Neyor all over 6'2".  If they can run decent routes and get a touch of separation, then they could be dangerous if our QBs can actually deliver.

On D.  Hell, I don't know.  Holt is the only interior lineman with significant playing time.  LBs Muma and Blakenbaker are solid (not near Logan Wilson quality, yet) so not much worry there.  The secondary outside of Coldon, I have no friggin' idea.

Bohl has got to put his eggs into the burn the clock and score mode, because if we can't hold onto the ball for long drives, we may not have the horses on D to stop anyone.  I hope I've completely missed on the talent of our D.

18 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

@halfmanhalfbronco not going to address the other stuff. I don't defend either side on carrying it forward.  Both points painted the population of both states with an unfairly broad brush and I personally don't get involved with rhetoric.

As far as football goes.  I think Shawn does have some questions to answer this year with his arm.  There were a few that called out the same flaws with our last NFL quarterback early in his career and he did OK.  I honestly believe our O line is going to make a world of difference in the pass game as they will give Shawn (or Levi) that extra second and a half to make throws.  As far as the run game.  If X doesn't go for at least 1500 on the ground (barring injury) with another 300-400 receiving, then i'll be wrong as far as rating him in the top tier of MWC RBs.  Our receiving corps is young, but damn we have some length with Gentry, Eberhardt, Brown and Neyor all over 6'2".  If they can run decent routes and get a touch of separation, then they could be dangerous if our QBs can actually deliver.

On D.  Hell, I don't know.  Holt is the only interior lineman with significant playing time.  LBs Muma and Blakenbaker are solid (not near Logan Wilson quality, yet) so not much worry there.  The secondary outside of Coldon, I have no friggin' idea.

Bohl has got to put his eggs into the burn the clock and score mode, because if we can't hold onto the ball for long drives, we may not have the horses on D to stop anyone.  I hope I've completely missed on the talent of our D.

1.5 seconds is a huge gap.  No way an improved O-line accounts for 1.5.  That would be a bigger gap than the average time to throw between the best O line and the worst O line in the NFL.  If the Poke O-line is that much better they will be unstoppable.

There is zero doubt X is in the top tier of MWC RB's.  I simply responded to the post saying he was the best.  That is certainly up for debate.

Go SECMountain!

15 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

Can someone clue me in to as why Wyoming is a 3 point favorite on the road?  With all I'm hearing about UNR, I was thinking we were at least a 3 point dog in this game.

Wyoming has on paper one of the better ground games in the West.  Nevada does not have a good D on paper.  Seems logical.  Nobody knows what Wyoming will look like on D, which is why it is so close and not a double digit spread.  Vegas thinks Nevada will score some but Wyoming will go ball control and keep the score low as possible.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

1.5 seconds is a huge gap.  No way an improved O-line accounts for 1.5.  That would be a bigger gap than the average time to throw between the best O line and the worst O line in the NFL.  If the Poke O-line is that much better they will be unstoppable.

There is zero doubt X is in the top tier of MWC RB's.  I simply responded to the post saying he was the best.  That is certainly up for debate.

Go SECMountain!

Fair point on the time in the pocket.  Even if the protections allow for movement of the pocket and keep that DE or LB from getting into the face of our QB for .5 second longer, it will be a major improvement and should allow for more "non-panicked" decisions.  Regarding "X", I think he has put himself into the conversation of being the top MWC RB.  There are quite a few good ones in this conference.  I base my observations (and biases) on what he did last year with the number of injuries on the O line and QB positions.  He was realistically our only constant and I am expecting bigger things from him this year....

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So let's clarify.

Donk fans talked football in a football thread.  

Wyoming fan called donk fans and all Boise fans skin head militants.

Donks fans fired back.

Donk fans bad.

Okay dude.

Do you believe the shit you post or you just don't care if any of it is bold faced lies? I'm still waiting on the links to the posts where I called Jack Bauer and Stunner "supporters of evil". 

Now you can provide the link to the post where I called all Boise fans skin heads.

Get over yourself. Five people laughed at the joke,

"If football is played at THE ugliest, infected, butthole of a stadium and there aren't a bunch of militant, neo-nazis in sleeveless t-shirts and combat boots there to witness it: did it really happen?"

You Boise trolls drag lines through Wyoming waters until someone bites and then puss out when you can't land the fish.

+++++ off back to the Boise Tech vs. whichever school you're playing with higher academic standards than Boise Tech, thread.

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Do you believe the shit you post or you just don't care if any of it is bold faced lies? I'm still waiting on the links to the posts where I called Jack Bauer and Stunner "supporters of evil". 

Now you can provide the link to the post where I called all Boise fans skin heads.

Get over yourself. Five people laughed at the joke,

"If football is played at THE ugliest, infected, butthole of a stadium and there aren't a bunch of militant, neo-nazis in sleeveless t-shirts and combat boots there to witness it: did it really happen?"

You Boise trolls drag lines through Wyoming waters until someone bites and then puss out when you can't land the fish.

+++++ off back to the Boise Tech vs. whichever school you're playing with higher academic standards than Boise Tech, thread.

I am done with you.  Yeah, you could not handle it being dished back.  I get it.  Remove yourself, Junky.

2 hours ago, gold-n-brown said:

Knock this shit off.  Your ignorance is showing

Why do you take issue with me baiting an obvious homophobic bigot like CJ?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg