Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SFtoVA

Private Security - Shooting in Denver

7 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

So why is this guy any less of a "victim" than George Floyd? Because he's white? Because he appears to be right wing? Because he was being argumentative? 

Why should I have left it at your facts aren't correct? The way you worded the incident seemed to have been done purposely to downplay the threat that Rittenhouse felt. 

I think you should look up the definition of disingenuous.

16 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He certainly has a right to defend himself. A quick perusal of Colorado law reads that they do abide by castle doctrine, but it’s not as forgiving as other states. This guy’s problem, other than the man he killed, is he doesn’t seem to have a good answer for why he found himself in that situation. He can’t argue he was just exercising his rights or  even minding his own business. He was in the employ of others under almost certainly fraudulent pretenses. And because of those actions an unarmed man was shot dead in the street. It’s not the clear cut cold blooded execution that we saw in Portland and 2nd degree murder might be the safer charge but damn, the evidence for premeditation in the 1st degree is substantial.

It's going to be interesting to see how well this take ages. I am reading elsewhere that 2 firearms were recovered at the scene and that one belonged to Lee Keltner. 

HERE is the reporter's footage. I am guessing a lot more footage will be coming out shortly from surveillance, other attendees etc. This could be a wild ride. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

9 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Looks like a firearm to me.

NSFW (dead body)

Hide contents

EwptDq1.png

If he did have a gun that helps immensely against a first degree charge. I was not aware of that and had not seen the exact video you posted, though I’d seen the others. Even if he had a gun still, this is gonna be pretty tough to argue against for any defense team in a murder trial. Mace is almost never a credible threat to one’s life.

denver-protest-shooting-03.jpg?quality=8

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.