Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

Mike Leach sh_t show has started already in Starksville, MS

After his offense scored 0 points on Saturday, he's already blaming his players. Someone man the equipment sheds

His act took a few years to get old in Pullman. Its taken 3 games to get old in Starkville.

And his next two games are against TAMU and Bama

24 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

After his offense scored 0 points on Saturday, he's already blaming his players. Someone man the equipment sheds

His act took a few years to get old in Pullman. Its taken 3 games to get old in Starkville.

And his next tow games are against TAMU and Bama

I'd blame my players for 6 turnovers, too - 3 in the red zone, and 1 a pick 6.  He's a long way from wearing out his welcome.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Kentucky has a good pass rush and got pressure with only 3.  They dropped everyone else back in a zone forced MSU to throw underneath and just made open field tackles. That is the recipe to beat Leach teams. And the SEC is loaded with teams with great defensive fronts.

24 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Mike is from Cody, WY, and is a bit too "Wyoming", and can go overboard a bit with not treating his players with kid gloves.

Says the fan from the Dirtiest Program in America...

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Says the fan from the Dirtiest Program in America...

^^^ This is what BYU does to some people.

This guy's whole account has turned into a BYU theme.

Who says that BYU is not the KING of the INTERMOUNTAIN WEST?!?!?!

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Kentucky has a good pass rush and got pressure with only 3.  They dropped everyone else back in a zone forced MSU to throw underneath and just made open field tackles. That is the recipe to beat Leach teams. And the SEC is loaded with teams with great defensive fronts.

Everyone has always wondered how Mike's offense would play with elite SEC talent.  

Jury still out.   Wazzu sucked when he got there and it took him a few seasons to turn it around.

I'm curious to see what he can do at Miss St. after a few years.  (if he doesn't offend too many people and lasts that long). 

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Everyone has always wondered how Mike's offense would play with elite SEC talent.  

Jury still out.   Wazzu sucked when he got there and it took him a few seasons to turn it around.

I'm curious to see what he can do at Miss St. after a few years.  (if he doesn't offend too many people and lasts that long). 

He gave Utah fits as they struggled to beat him, but, he only finished 46-44 at Washington St.

He was never able to beat Washington and had some head-scratching losses to Big Sky teams. 

It will be interesting to see how it goes in the SEC, but I think he'll only finish with 2-3 wins this year.

6 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

He gave Utah fits as they struggled to beat him, but, he only finished 46-44 at Washington St.

He was never able to beat Washington and had some head-scratching losses to Big Sky teams. 

It will be interesting to see how it goes in the SEC, but I think he'll only finish with 2-3 wins this year.

That was pretty good for WSU though.  I believe he's 2nd all-time there in winning percentage (with the first guy coaching in the 1930s).

Also the best coach for TTU in the modern era.

MSU was in a better spot than those two teams, so turnaround shouldn't take as long, but getting the right players for his system will still take a year or two (doesn't appear the turnover machine Costello is the right fit at QB).

Guest #1Stunner
27 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Not too bad once he got things up and going. 

Wazzu is maybe the worst P5 job in the country.   

I agree, they might now win many games.  Mississippi State is a difficult job. 

Washington State Cougars (Pac-12 Conference) (2012–2019)
2012 Washington State 3–9 1–8 6th (North)      
2013 Washington State 6–7 4–5 T–4th (North) L New Mexico    
2014 Washington State 3–9 2–7 T–5th (North)      
2015 Washington State 9–4 6–3 3rd (North) W Sun    
2016 Washington State 8–5 7–2 2nd (North) L Holiday    
2017 Washington State 9–4 6–3 3rd (North) L Holiday    
2018 Washington State 11–2 7–2 T–1st (North) W Alamo 10 10
2019 Washington State 6–7 3–6 T–5th (North) L Cheez-It    
Washington State: 55–47 36–36

30 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

No way.  Mississippi State has gone to 10 straight bowl games.  They've been good but not great for a while. Wazzu was a steaming pile of turds before leach arrived.

You're digging too deep.  I'm thinking more of pecking order.

4 hours ago, RSF said:

I'd blame my players for 6 turnovers, too - 3 in the red zone, and 1 a pick 6.  He's a long way from wearing out his welcome.

It’s a breath of fresh air to see someone rip into the kids today. I need to send my two oldest kids to spend a weekend with him to get there asses chewed out. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.