Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Yes. The Bay Area is crazy. Yes I have CDS. Screw this.

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

Honestly, It depends on the policy. One thing is true... the bay are is still a driving force in the machine here. But the state is a complicated place.

But I'll agree with you... Berkeley sucks. Seriously, +++++ that place.

The bay area  runs the democrat party and hence the state.  You are correct.

11 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

R

Okies arent hillbillies, totally different demographic.

And you are neglecting to mention the portagees, jews, the persians (most of whom in socal happen to also be jewish), armenians, the chinese, the vietnamese, the koreans, the salvadorans, the guatemalans, the anglo and dutch south africans, and too many others too mention.

Regardless, phuck Berkeley and Frisco.

No, they're all hillbillies now. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

21 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Hillbillies stay in the same place and same social class for generations.  Okies didnt.

Tomato, tomahto...

Aka, I'm being facetious.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Tomato, tomahto...

Aka, I'm being facetious.

Im not an okie btw.  My dads family was here long before them.  The okies were the laborers and nannies when my dad was a kid.

They were very upwardly mobile though.  The construction industry in the San Joaquin Valley and lots of Orange County is dominated by them and their descendents.  Most of my customers are okies, the late fifties and earlry sixties okies are still authentic, but they are the last of their breed, their kids are indistinguishable from any other white kid in the Valley.

13 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Im not an okie btw.  My dads family was here long before them.  The okies were the laborers and nannies when my dad was a kid.

They were very upwardly mobile though.  The construction industry in the San Joaquin Valley and lots of Orange County is dominated by them and their descendents.  Most of my customers are okies, the late fifties and earlry sixties okies are still authentic, but they are the last of their breed, their kids are indistinguishable from any other white kid in the Valley.

I used to work with a guy born in Taft in about 1950. Grew up in a tent cabin next to an oilfield. By his accent you’d have thought his family had never left Oklahoma. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

I doubt this makes any real difference is shopping/eating habits but at the very least if I lived in Berkeley I wouldn’t have to listen to spoiled ankle bitters begging their parents for candy in the checkout aisle.  So many parents just give in.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I have heard many times from the far right that more people would die from Obesity in the long run than Covid.....

(Whatever happened t a good ol' junk food tax?)

4 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

There will never be a day when I can't buy a candy bar in the front of a store in my California town. For what it's worth.

Like I said, Berkeley sucks. I think the real hippies have even been priced out of there. They're moving to Stockton

Two Oh Niiiiine!!!!

All the "real hippies" live up North or in the Sierra these days. 

6 hours ago, Bob said:

Sound like trump voters. Thought you hated those people

They would be if the GOP hadn't told them to f*ck off in the 90s.

And I don't hate trump voters. Most of my family voted for him.

6 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

I don't think smltwn is a SJS guy. He seems like an alum of a school with no football team or out of state. #cldbwrong

I almost guarantee I've been to more SJSU football games than you. 

But I didn't go there. No, the school where I went has a football team and will definitely be in the PAC before any team currently in the MWC.

7 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

I don't think smltwn is a SJS guy. He seems like an alum of a school with no football team or out of state. #cldbwrong

Spartan with no vowels graduated from the Ag Extension in Davis.  They are UC, but Poly grads make more money.  Hence....   Poly greater than Davis

3 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Spartan with no vowels graduated from the Ag Extension in Davis.  They are UC, but Poly grads make more money.  Hence....   Poly greater than Davis

Sunday afternoon for this Poly Grad.

Mustangs outwork the Aggies.  Work hard, play hard.

IMG_20201011_134343.jpg

11 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Gotcha. I knew he couldn't be a CSU system guy b/c he writes several well worded mini novels on here per day, def'ly not a very csu type thing.

I was going to guess UoP but then he said his school played football and that would be deemed worthy by pac 10,  so it could only be a few.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

2 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Gotcha. I knew he couldn't be a CSU system guy b/c he writes several well worded mini novels on here per day, def'ly not a very csu type thing.

I was going to guess UoP but then he said his school played football that the pac 10 would deem worthy so it could only be a few.

Davis is Polys rival, so I give him shit about it.  Im not quite sure what spartan with no vowels connection with San Ho is, maybe he is just a Mike Perez fan.