Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise BB to open season against...

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

+++++ the NCAA, no reason Doutrive should not have been given a waiver.

I do think Doutrive will end up being one of the better players on the team, but Shaver, Akot, Alston, Kigab, and Armus is a pretty dang good starting 5

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I do think Doutrive will end up being one of the better players on the team, but Shaver, Akot, Alston, Kigab, and Armus is a pretty dang good starting 5

I like Kigab as first off the bench with Doutrive starting.  Agree, still a strong starting 5.  Kansas should not take us lightly, that is a lot of talent on the floor.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I like Kigab as first off the bench with Doutrive starting.  Agree, still a strong starting 5.  Kansas should not take us lightly, that is a lot of talent on the floor.

I do think that will be what happens when he is eligible. Kigab should be the frontrunner for 6th man of the year. I haven't looked, but I can't imagine there being another returning double digit scorer in the league that will be coming off the bench

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I do think that will be what happens when he is eligible. Kigab should be the frontrunner for 6th man of the year. I haven't looked, but I can't imagine there being another returning double digit scorer in the league that will be coming off the bench

Kigab was also a plus defender.  

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That said, this is fantastic opportunity.  I think we can make a game of it if a few things go right.

Halfman, I consider you a MWC board brother, but the ' if a few things go right'....would equal Kansas entire team goes out for medical reasons, and the redshirt have to play ...even then I'd take Kansas with the points. No disrespect. 

3 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Halfman, I consider you a MWC board brother, but the ' if a few things go right'....would equal Kansas entire team goes out for medical reasons, and the redshirt have to play ...even then I'd take Kansas with the points. No disrespect. 

It's D1 BB and I am a huge homer.  I think this team could be one of the 20 best teams in basketball.  I think we could be much better than the UNLV team that upset #1 Kansas.  

College BB is crazy, and crazy upsets that should never happen, happen all the time.  

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

The thing about Leon's teams is they take a while to gel and we've got starters that have never played with each other in a real game setting-- let alone vs. Kansas. Anything can happen in the first game though.

Are they still going to play exhibition games if there is no crowd? Seems like those games are designed to fleece season ticket holders, so not sure how they would make sense financially.