Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

MWC Basketball Schedule

So an 18 game, conference schedule, I’m ok with that... but are there any restrictions on how many OOC games (if at all), a MWC team can have prior to league games?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

45 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I thought we were going to a true round robin with 20 games? Especially since most MWC teams are cancelling some OOC games. What gives? 

I read that the MWC will be putting in random open weeks in case there are some cancellations.  I'm thinking by doing that, they had to eliminate one conference opponent from each team to accommodate this.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

I've looked at a couple of "official AD sites" for MWC schools.  It doesn't appear that anybody has an official OOC schedule, at least it's not posted by the school.  Hard to say what's for real until that happens.

The norm has become to just play conference and try to avoid more risks than necessary. Top priority is to get through conference play AMAP and hope that there will be a Dance. This also allows a normal rotation of players finishing their final year so that freshman can rotate in next year. Gotta dig out of the current mess this season.

1 hour ago, Shaker said:

Only 25 games can be played this year.  I am glad they stayed at 18 and didn't go to 20 conf games.  Play 18 conf games, three games for preseason tourney this only leaves 4 other ooc games to be played.  

That's not true.  27 games is the max.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

That's not true.  27 games is the max.

Your correct, I apologize I miss read the description on the NCAA site a team can play a 25 game season plus a 2 game tourney or a 24 game season plus a 3 game tourney.  

But still I would rather an 18 game conference as a max and try and boost a teams resume for the tourney through a couple extra ooc games.