Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels2k3

Allegations of abuse against Gregg Marshall

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I think there is a fine line between training and being an asshole.  I don't mind mental and physical strain to include acute instances of body or performance shaming, singled out physical punishment or profanity being used.  But it needs to be beneficial for an objective, and it needs to be something that the person demanding would do or has done themselves.  So if Marshall punched the player, he should have been accepting to getting his brain rattled himself, with zero punishment for the player.  Now, we know that would have never happened.  But some of the best coaches (Saban, Knight, Phil Jackson) have employed some type of behavior that could be interpreted negatively, yet the players can't say enough positive things about them.   I will hold my judgement until all the testimonies are on the table, but the punch does not sound good, but the other stuff is less damning than the possible punch.  Still think Morris should have been able to punch him back.  Coaches gotta learn too.

Stockholm syndrome

16 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve heard that every player under Knight graduated. As far as young guys being berated and some occasionally pushed or punched, most kids that have been in the military have had that experience. 

Yeah, but we went into the military expecting that, and physical abuse hasn’t been tolerated in recruit training for any service since the late 80’s. I have no issues with yelling at a  college kid up to a certain point but they damn sure should never be physically abused by a coach. 

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

Dead man walking. In 2020 he is disgraced and discharged. He’ll pop up again in a few years in some other back water town.

image.png.e9a98d06582c34f70b8786774e14bbdb.png

10 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

He also was a verbal, emotional and physical bully. He has never once in his life taken personal responsibility for his actions, constantly blaming other people. He is petty and vindictive. But to you the ends justify the means because all that matters is winning, right? I can’t believe people like you still exist in this day and age.He also was a verbal, emotional and physical bully. He has never once in his life taking personal responsibility for his actions, constantly blaming other people. He is petty and vindictive. But do you the ends justify the means because all that matters is winning, right? I can’t believe people like you still exist in this day and age.

Bobby Knight knew how to motivate his kids to win and he knew how to graduate them as well....his rough ways seem to have come from his time as HC at Army IMHO. He treats his kids like they're at boot camp and he's the drill instructor...it's tough, it's rough, it isn't fun...but you enter a boy and come out the other side a man holding a college degree.

that isn't for everyone.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

When you sign up for the military,  you know going in its not Sunday school.

When you sign the scholarship papers to play for a coach like Knight or ( based on previous reports) a coach like Marshall....you know their track record. .hard assess. ...it's not Sunday school. 

I don't condone either of said coaches methods...just pointing out, you gotta know what you're getting into. 

56 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

When you sign up for the military,  you know going in its not Sunday school.

When you sign the scholarship papers to play for a coach like Knight or ( based on previous reports) a coach like Marshall....you know their track record. .hard assess. ...it's not Sunday school. 

I don't condone either of said coaches methods...just pointing out, you gotta know what you're getting into. 

DID they tell them the coach will blind side hit them?

18 minutes ago, Billings said:

DID they tell them the coach will blind side hit them?

I stand corrected.  I was wrong, I thought the allegations went back prior to 2015. No way any player had a crystal ball. But, any player who signed up after 2015/2016 should have been aware of the coaches volatility. 

Oh man the Koch brothers better pony up a couple of million for a new coach. 

I just wonder if the MWC would have brought Wichita St in if that would have convinced BYU to return with Gonzaga in basketball only. BYU should have accepted the invite to return regardless for Basketball. They just didn’t want to abandon a top 10 program to play Wyoming. Plus I doubt they wanted to lock up 5 or 6 MWC teams a year in football. That would have given us 10 locked up games 4 PAC 5 MWC and 1 FCS team, certainly not a national schedule. 

Going forward BYU needs to secure another yearly opponent. SDSU would be my choice. Certainly they are more engaged with us than any other school who isn’t a yearly game. Plus   We are a bigger rival than SJSU or Fresno St for them. 

Utah

SDSU

USU

BSU

USC/Stanford this was supposed to be year one of the rivalry weekend. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

23 hours ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

WSU won’t fire him. This stuff is...meh. Kids are too thin skinned anymore. Whining for the sake of whining. 

Every profession has a line that cannot be crossed regardless of the thickness of ones skin, he definitely crossed the line IMO.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg