Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels2k3

Allegations of abuse against Gregg Marshall

15 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:
15 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Pretty sure there’s not going to be any “court”. And even if there was, you not prefacing what you write with the word “allegedly” would not preclude him from having his day in court. Again to me that is just hyper political correctness.

Yeah, I read it.  Pretty bad.  I'll reserve judgement and let those who are paid to investigate, and judge, handle that.

Yeah, there won't be an official court, it's a figure of speech.  He will be investigated and given the opportunity to present his side of the story though.  That's not political correctness, it's usually known as justice.  It doesn't look like he'll get through it, but he deserves to not be tried and convicted in the media or on the internet.

4 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Not only is he a bully and a thug, he says really racist, stupid crap: telling a Colombian basketball player that he should be a coffee bean picker. Referring to black players as kids that live with their grandparents and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Are you sure you’re not getting this guy mixed up with Trump?

kat.jpg

10 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

So you like people that belittle and demean others and never take any personal responsibility for their actions? Got it. 

I like people who win titles and graduate players...that's Bobby Knight.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

15 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I like people who win titles and graduate players...that's Bobby Knight.

He also was a verbal, emotional and physical bully. He has never once in his life taken personal responsibility for his actions, constantly blaming other people. He is petty and vindictive. But to you the ends justify the means because all that matters is winning, right? I can’t believe people like you still exist in this day and age.He also was a verbal, emotional and physical bully. He has never once in his life taking personal responsibility for his actions, constantly blaming other people. He is petty and vindictive. But do you the ends justify the means because all that matters is winning, right? I can’t believe people like you still exist in this day and age.

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Are you sure you’re not getting this guy mixed up with Trump?

You spelled Biden wrong. You know, the guy that said that Obama was the 1st main stream clean, articulate black man running for higher office. The guy that said you can’t walk into a 7-Eleven without an Indian accent. The guy that said if you don’t vote for him you’re not black. The guy that said that a black woman was stocking his shelves at the grocery store. That guy.

PS way to hijack the thread. Good job.

7 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Yeah, I read it.  Pretty bad.  I'll reserve judgement and let those who are paid to investigate, and judge, handle that.

Yeah, there won't be an official court, it's a figure of speech.  He will be investigated and given the opportunity to present his side of the story though.  That's not political correctness, it's usually known as justice.  It doesn't look like he'll get through it, but he deserves to not be tried and convicted in the media or on the internet.

But that’s what I don’t understand, neither you nor I have any say in anything, we are literally giving our opinion based on the facts in the article. I don’t need to qualify that with the word “allegedly“ because I am not in any position of power and authority that I can have a direct affect on his life.

I think there is a fine line between training and being an asshole.  I don't mind mental and physical strain to include acute instances of body or performance shaming, singled out physical punishment or profanity being used.  But it needs to be beneficial for an objective, and it needs to be something that the person demanding would do or has done themselves.  So if Marshall punched the player, he should have been accepting to getting his brain rattled himself, with zero punishment for the player.  Now, we know that would have never happened.  But some of the best coaches (Saban, Knight, Phil Jackson) have employed some type of behavior that could be interpreted negatively, yet the players can't say enough positive things about them.   I will hold my judgement until all the testimonies are on the table, but the punch does not sound good, but the other stuff is less damning than the possible punch.  Still think Morris should have been able to punch him back.  Coaches gotta learn too.

Guest #1Stunner
7 hours ago, Ibanez said:

BYU should hire him. That way he is stuck picking fights with players his own age.

Bruh.!

Mark Pope, Bruh....

5c0871d183499.image.jpg?resize=1200,1244

12 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I can see you’ve never served in the military. Mental and occasionally physical abuse are part of the training. 

I served: 82nd Airborne Infantry 2001-2005. I was an NCO. I never experienced or saw physical abuse. A smoke session, sure. But a few push-ups are much different than a hand around the neck or a fist to the head. In PLDC we were informed that anything like what Gregg Marshal is being accused of would result in a visit to JAG.  

2 minutes ago, proxdel said:

I served: 82nd Airborne Infantry 2001-2005. I was an NCO. I never experienced or saw physical abuse. A smoke session, sure. But a few push-ups are much different than a hand around the neck or a fist to the head. In PLDC we were informed that anything like what Gregg Marshal is being accused of would result in a visit to JAG.  

Interesting, so military schools are more hardcore than certain branches of the military.  

1 hour ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with this place. Get it together folks. 

too many people believe the ends justify the means.  Poor philosophy in life

25 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Interesting, so military schools are more hardcore than certain branches of the military.  

I doubt the real academies are authorized to abuse.  The VMI's and Citadels are being hardcore for no reason if they are being physically abusive (striking or depriving of food/water).  There was no physical abuse tolerated in the Marines (Mental was different but mostly in training schools by the trainers).  But we would train the shit out of you, and we would train with less than optimal sleep (food deprived only in boot camp but we were highly monitored).  Beating folks doesn't do much for training, even less for obedience of a skilled Marine.  Our training was tough, we didn't need to beat people (unless we are actually training) to make it worse.  And again, we only trained as tough and demanding as we were willing to do ourselves.

4 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

You spelled Biden wrong. You know, the guy that said that Obama was the 1st main stream clean, articulate black man running for higher office. The guy that said you can’t walk into a 7-Eleven without an Indian accent. The guy that said if you don’t vote for him you’re not black. The guy that said that a black woman was stocking his shelves at the grocery store. That guy.

PS way to hijack the thread. Good job.

Let's see if Conturd can respond to this.....

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I doubt the real academies are authorized to abuse.  The VMI's and Citadels are being hardcore for no reason if they are being physically abusive (striking or depriving of food/water).  There was no physical abuse tolerated in the Marines (Mental was different but mostly in training schools by the trainers).  But we would train the shit out of you, and we would train with less than optimal sleep (food deprived only in boot camp but we were highly monitored).  Beating folks doesn't do much for training, even less for obedience of a skilled Marine.  Our training was tough, we didn't need to beat people (unless we are actually training) to make it worse.  And again, we only trained as tough and demanding as we were willing to do ourselves.

I went to St Johns Military Academy during my high school years, sock and shower parties were a real thing.

Here’s one of those fun moments, scarfs tied around your eyes and a beanie pulled over so you couldn’t see who was punching you...

7DD90FD5-4592-4A5B-B99D-76B4D4686C17.png

15 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I went to St Johns Military Academy during my high school years, sock and shower parties were a real thing.

Here’s one of those fun moments, scarfs tied around your eyes and a beanie pulled over so you couldn’t see who was punching you...

7DD90FD5-4592-4A5B-B99D-76B4D4686C17.png

Yeah, not authorized in the military.  Any of these folks turn out to do some weird shit later in life?

Our worst stuff used to be blood stripes and pinning, done when folks get promoted or get a special device (jump wings, scuba bubble).  It's known about, but never done in front of a commander, and is done as a sign of respect, just in a crayon-eating knuckle dragging way.  :D

I don't see the benefits of beating folks as training, is my only point here.