Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels2k3

Allegations of abuse against Gregg Marshall

hey Wyoming Joe and Soup, still wanna defend this shit, or are you guys humble enough to admit that you were wrong?

Among the allegations Stadium uncovered:

• Marshall punched Morris in the head during a practice in October of 2015. “I love my teammates, the city and Wichita State,” said Morris, who played at Wichita State from 2014-18. “But if I could go back to that day when he punched me, I would have left.”
  • Marshall choked Lindsted, then a Shockers assistant coach, at a practice during the 2016-17 season, sources said. Lindsted, now an assistant at Minnesota, declined comment.
  • Marshall taunted junior forward Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, who is of Native American descent, “to get back on his horse” and made “Indian howling noises” while in practice during the 2018-19 season.
  • Marshall body-shamed a former player by lifting his shirt up during a practice in the 2015-16 season, grabbing the player’s stomach and then mocking the player’s girth.

Of the 36 players and coaches Stadium interviewed, only Morris and former Wichita State guard Ty Taylor agreed to be identified for this report. The remaining individuals, who corroborated the allegations against Marshall, said they feared retribution and possible community backlash because of Marshall’s support and power in Wichita.

3 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

No, verbal and physical abuse is never ok, never. Marshall is a complete A-Hole. Look at the video link I posted, he's a raging lunatic, almost headbutting a Canadian college ref. Name one job where it's ok to physically and emotionally abuse your subordinates? You've really gotta change your way of thinking. 

I can see you’ve never served in the military. Mental and occasionally physical abuse are part of the training. 

Each of the six players independently interviewed by Stadium said Morris was punched in the head by Marshall while walking out of the gym. One more player in attendance verified that Marshall punched Morris. Former Wichita State guard Ty Taylor, who transferred to UNC Wilmington after the season, told Stadium that he witnessed Marshall punch Morris in his head.

“Shaq walks away and Marshall punches him in the back of the head,” a former player said. “I’m in disbelief. He’s done flagrant stuff, but that was probably the reason I (transferred). I lost respect for him as a man. The worst part is that Shaq had told Marshall earlier that day that his mom had cancer.”

Morris confirmed the incident came just hours after a meeting with Marshall in which he said he broke down in tears while telling Marshall that he had been informed his mother, Tonya Taylor, who later passed away in July of 2019, was battling cancer.

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Have you served in the military? 

no, if you have, thank you for your service. Now, stay on topic; you defending that prick Gregg Marshall.  Read everything that I've posted and just be humble enough to admit that you were wrong. It's actually much more manly to admit being wrong than stubbornly trying to defend the indefensible. The guy is an emotionally, verbally and physically abusive punk. Again, as someone who has served in mentoring and leadership positions, reading the article has my blood boiling.  

59 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

The Athletic reported multiple allegations against Marshall from the 2015-16 season, including Marshall pushing and later punching former player Shaq Morris; Marshall putting one of his hands around a staff member's neck; and Marshall following and trying to punch a student-athlete in another sport who parked in his parking spot.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30074157/wichita-state-investigating-coach-gregg-marshall-amid-misconduct-allegations

I’ve heard him yell “If I see one more fvcking cow with no mountains around to be seen, I’m going to put my hands around a staff members neck, swing at the next dick that takes my parking space and then abuse my players.”

Just kidding. It sounds like he’s unhappy that the 3 million he makes a year isn’t enough to make him happy. He’ll get fired, he’ll be counseled on how to diffuse his anger issues, he’ll be counseled that now he’s damaged goods, won’t be a HC any time soon, and will be lucky to get half a million in his next job. This is where SJSU steps in and offers him a HC job for $275k. 😂😂😂

OK, seriously for real, he will likely get canned, although the fans love him there. Then he’ll get counseling and all the BS to show his new employer that he’s changed, and then he’ll get some assistant offers at good programs and maybe one with the opportunity to be the HC in a couple years when the current HC will retire. And plenty of HC offers at FCS or lower. But a MWC school should step up and take him. How about Boise? New Mexico Fresno? UNLV?

kat.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I’ve heard him yell “If I see one more fvcking cow with no mountains around to be seen, I’m going to put my hands around a staff members neck, swing at the next dick that takes my parking space and then abuse my players. 

Just kidding. It sounds like he’s unhappy that the 3 million he makes a year isn’t enough to make him happy. He’ll get fired, he’ll be counseled on how to diffuse his anger issues, he’ll be counseled that now he’s damaged goods, won’t be a HC any time soon, and will be lucky to get half a million in his next job. This is where SJSU steps in and offers him a HC job for $275k. 

OK, seriously for real, he will likely get canned, although the fans love him there. Then he’ll get counseling and all the BS to show his new employer that he’s changed, and then he’ll get some assistant offers at good programs and maybe one with the opportunity to be the HC in a couple years when the current HC will retire. And plenty of HC offers at FCS or lower. But a MWC school should step up and take him. How about Boise? New Mexico Fresno? UNLV?

Why? What the hell is wrong with you people? Did you read the article? The guy is a complete lunatic and a abusive bully. There's more to life than winning basketball games. He's a complete A Hole. 

15 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Why? What the hell is wrong with you people? Did you read the article? The guy is a complete lunatic and a abusive bully. There's more to live than winning basketball games. He's a complete A Hole. 

See, this is what really cracks me up about social media justice. You get one side of a story that hasn’t even been confirmed to be real, and a yahoo like you runs with it. The school is investigating it because they think your approach is full of shit and unfair. The guy deserves a hearing where he’s accused of doing some things, and he should have the opportunity to refute them with witnesses to back him up. Maybe some of it is real but has been extremely exaggerated. Not only does the accused deserve to have their day in a hearing, they deserve to not be slimed by people like you that don’t know what you’re talking about because you have no facts, just pvssy hearsay. 

It sounds like he’s got a lot of pressure on himself for any number of reasons, divorce, etc. It’s pretty common for some people to lose control over their emotions, and that’s VERY fixable. With the right help he could be better than ever as a person and coach. 

If I were WSU and these things were true, I’d suspend him for 6 months, no pay, to get help. 

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

See, this is what really cracks me up about social media justice. You get one side of a story that hasn’t even been confirmed to be real, and a yahoo like you runs with it. The school is investigating it because they think your approach is full of shit and unfair. The guy deserves a hearing where he’s accused of doing some things, and he should have the opportunity to refute them with witnesses to back him up. Maybe some of it is real but has been extremely exaggerated. Not only does the accused deserve to have their day in a hearing, they deserve to not be slimed by people like you that don’t know what you’re talking about because you have no facts, just pvssy hearsay. 

What are you talking about?! This is not rumors and gossip it is a published report after six months of investigating, corroborated by 30 people, many of whom have gone on record. The guy will most likely be fired by tomorrow. I will never understand people that are so prideful that they can’t admit they’re wrong about something. I’m wrong all the time, nothing happens to me, my kids don’t love me any less, I don’t get explosive Diarrhea, my feet don’t become round. Read the articles, and humbly admit you were wrong. Because to not do so makes you look like a fool.

Almost all of this is hearsay.  It may be true, who knows.  We certainly don't, yet.

We do know two things, he's gonna' get fired and he'll have one hell of a time getting hired.

1 minute ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

What are you talking about?! This is not rumors and gossip it is a published report after six months of investigating, corroborated by 30 people, many of whom have gone on record. The guy will most likely be fired by tomorrow. I will never understand people that are so prideful that they can’t admit they’re wrong about something. I’m wrong all the time, nothing happens to me, my kids don’t love me any less, I don’t get explosive Diarrhea, my feet don’t become round. Read the articles, and humbly admit you were wrong. Because to not do so makes you look like a fool.

I thought you said they were just in the investigating phase?

kat.jpg

Just now, Headbutt said:

Almost all of this is hearsay.  It may be true, who knows.  We certainly don't, yet.

We do know two things, he's gonna' get fired and he'll have one hell of a time getting hired.

If he takes a year off to get counseling and recharge his batteries, he’ll easily get an assistant job at a good school, and if he shows no more signs of aggression, someone at a good school will hire him as a HC. 

kat.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

If he takes a year off to get counseling and recharge his batteries, he’ll easily get an assistant job at a good school, and if he shows no more signs of aggression, someone at a good school will hire him as a HC. 

Yep.  Exactly what I said.  He'll be fired and have a hell of a time getting hired.

He won't be fired until he gets his "day in court" though, and shouldn't.

You have to wonder who'll be coaching the team tomorrow though.  No way they don't put him on a paid administrative leave until they sort things out.  From the sounds of it, they'll have enough cause to avoid a buyout.

Not only is he a bully and a thug, he says really racist, stupid crap: telling a Colombian basketball player that he should be a coffee bean picker. Referring to black players as kids that live with their grandparents and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

5 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Not only is he a bully and a thug, he says really racist, stupid crap: telling a Colombian basketball player that he should be a coffee bean picker. Referring to black players as kids that live with their grandparents and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Allegedly.  If he's as bad as all that, it'll come out and he'll be done.  I'm always a bigger fan of due process over internet conviction.

8 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Allegedly.  If he's as bad as all that, it'll come out and he'll be done.  I'm always a bigger fan of due process over internet conviction.

I honestly don’t understand your point. If this wasn’t true he could sue Jeff Goodman for millions of dollars for libel and slander. You realize that, right? When you use the word “allegedly“ are you saying that someone arbitrarily made up and attributed a comment specifically about a Colombian basketball player Being a “coffee bean picker”? That is an extremely specific, oddly specific thing to make up. When you discuss Jeffrey Epstein‘s wrongdoings, do you always preface all of your comments with “allegedly“?

I just don’t understand the hyper politically correct world where we have to use the word “allegedly“ Especially when this is such a detailed report with corroborating witnesses going on record. When you use that word you delegitimize and invalidate what they are saying. 

2 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

I honestly don’t understand your point. If this wasn’t true he could sue Jeff Goodman for millions of dollars for libel and slander. You realize that, right? When you use the word “allegedly“ are you saying that someone arbitrarily made up and attributed a comment specifically about a Colombian basketball player Being a “coffee bean picker”? That is an extremely specific, oddly specific thing to make up. When you discuss Jeffrey Epstein‘s wrongdoings, do you always preface all of your comments with “allegedly“?

I just don’t understand the hyper politically correct world where we have to use the word “allegedly“ Especially when this is such a detailed report with corroborating witnesses going on record. When you use that word you delegitimize and invalidate what they are saying. 

Yes, I intentionally deligitimize and invalidate any report of this sort in the media.  No, he couldn't sue Goodman for reporting allegations unless he could prove that Goodman made them up.

This sounds pretty bad but I'll wait for the investigation.  CSU just went through one based on an article in the local paper that was supposedly heavily researched and sourced.  They came out pretty clean, not perfect but pretty clean.  I'm not defending the coach, just his right to have his day in court.

19 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Yes, I intentionally deligitimize and invalidate any report of this sort in the media.  No, he couldn't sue Goodman for reporting allegations unless he could prove that Goodman made them up.

This sounds pretty bad but I'll wait for the investigation.  CSU just went through one based on an article in the local paper that was supposedly heavily researched and sourced.  They came out pretty clean, not perfect but pretty clean.  I'm not defending the coach, just his right to have his day in court.

Pretty sure there’s not going to be any “court”. And even if there was, you not prefacing what you write with the word “allegedly” would not preclude him from having his day in court. Again to me that is just hyper political correctness run amuck.

PS did you actually read the entire article? Tell the truth.