Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Polls: Now vs 2016

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

Well you do have people like Kamala Harris saying that we need to prosecute those that voted for Trump.

Bob, you have absolutely no credibility here, you already mentioned that you're afraid of telling your wife you vote for Trump.

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Fact Check: The claim is false. When we searched about this, we found the quote in an article published in a satirical website called 'BustaTroll.org'. It was published in August, 2019 and carries the byline "Fired Writer.".

https://thelogicalindian.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-threaten-supporters-trump-23023

So you mean she is only thinking it and hasn’t publicly said it. 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

If that happens ( Which I am skeptical of) Two things: 

• The left will go into seizures
  • Nobody will ever believe the Polls again

i think it's time we all, as in us non elected and non appointed political people, dispense with engaging in ideas and predictions about what certain groups will do.  it's not that i have anything against you, @bornontheblue, for having this opinion and i think it's accurate.  however, with today's super divisive ways of thinking, it's probably best if we remember that at least among ourselves we're more together than we are apart.

and as for the latter: laughably so.  like, as if trust in public institutions wasn't already frayed and threadbare.

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

I have never understood that claim. Why would they not be truthful in a poll. Its anonymous isn't it. 

Blue, it is 2020; nothing is anonymous.  Also, how do you know the other side of the phone, website, ad, or survey is who they claim to be?  They are concerned they'll end up in a database pegged as supporting Trump or other conservative issues. People have lost jobs over that.

Do you answer every phone call, random email or text message?

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Blue, it is 2020; nothing is anonymous.  Also, how do you know the other side of the phone, website, ad, or survey is who they claim to be?  They are concerned they'll end up in a database pegged as supporting Trump or other conservative issues. People have lost jobs over that.

Do you answer every phone call, random email or text message?

Good point. More reasons why people are adverse to participating in polls. I think they are having serious issues getting a sample that is reflective of the electorate. In the old days you just called people- It’s much more complicated now. We will see soon. 🤷‍♂️ 

I don't know what I will be more tired of by Feb 1, the right rubbing it in the crying left's face again or the right crying because the left starts rubbing it in their face.  The right has certainly spent four years earning their right to get it rubbed in their face, and the left has done enough whining to merit a bit too.  It is just tiring to watch the extremists go at it so much.

A nice Thanos snap of the finger and magically half of the emotion being wiped out would be nice, but fiction is fiction.