Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smltwnrckr

Inspector General for Justice Department finds that the cruelty was the point of family separation

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I haven’t and the scary point is they don’t really know how many.  You have to assume some of those children ended up in some pretty bad places once separated from their parents.   

The fact you can claim to be a Christian and still support an admin that did this act as a point of policy seems to require willful disbelief.  But Trump has shown consistent disregard for people. 

9 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I haven’t and the scary point is they don’t really know how many.  You have to assume some of those children ended up in some pretty bad places once separated from their parents.   

The fact you can claim to be a Christian and still support an admin that did this act as a point of policy seems to require willful disbelief.  But Trump has shown consistent disregard for people. 

If you read the story, it's clear that the separations happening and being public as a deterrent was a deliberate and necessary part of the policy...  not an unintended consequence. 

But something something Obama!!!! Something something...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

BuT oBaMa DiD iT fIrSt!!!!!

Cruelty has always been a feature of this administration, and not a bug. Hurting people is necessary and expected in order to achieve their desired goals and outcomes. 

Hopefully the psychopaths and sadists that make up the Trump administration are permanently removed from power.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 minute ago, youngredbullfan said:

Hopefully the psychopaths and sadists that make up the Trump administration are permanently removed from power.

One of the few positives out of the trump admin was making jeff sessions irrelevant. I really hope a GOP spanking in a few weeks does the same for stephen miller.

40 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

One of the few positives out of the trump admin was making jeff sessions irrelevant. I really hope a GOP spanking in a few weeks does the same for stephen miller.

Yep watching Sessions get kicked in the teeth was one of the few positives of this year. 

6 hours ago, sactowndog said:

The fact you can claim to be a Christian and still support an admin that did this act as a point of policy seems to require willful disbelief.  But Trump and his minions have has shown consistent disregard for people. 

FIFY.  It takes a village to pull this type of crap off.  How anyone with a conscience can work with/for Trump is difficult to understand.

25 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

FIFY.  It takes a village to pull this type of crap off.  How anyone with a conscience can work with/for Trump is difficult to understand.

I hope Kirstjen Nielsen has a hard time sleeping at night. Sounds like she was opposed at first, but was brought to heel by these guys. 

Turns out the Trump administration are the real criminals, not the breastfeeding mothers being torn away from their infants

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

On 10/7/2020 at 9:21 AM, smltwnrckr said:

And Lindsey Graham

And Mitch McConnell

And Billy Barr

And Steve Bannon

And Kellyanne Conway

And Rudy Guilliani

And (fill in the blank)

Its hard to believe we live in a nation where dickheads, vicious people, grifters, and cult leaders can come to power.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

5 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

And Lindsey Graham

And Mitch McConnell

And Billy Barr

And Steve Bannon

And Kellyanne Conway

And Rudy Guilliani

And (fill in the blank)

Its hard to believe we live in a nation where dickheads, vicious people, grifters, and cult leaders can come to power.

I'm generally against a new administration prosecuting the previous one for political crimes. But if a Biden admin could find a way to dig up dirt and get Stephen Miller behind bars for at least a few months... I'm in.

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'm generally against a new administration prosecuting the previous one for political crimes. But if a Biden admin could find a way to dig up dirt and get Stephen Miller behind bars for at least a few months... I'm in.

I'm giving 5-2 that this admin racks up more convictions than the Nixon Administration.

I can't wait to see the crazy Pardons he hands out during the lame duck session.

Girl Reaction GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

15 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Better yet, put him in one of his concentration camps