Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

Hey Lobos, what's the scuttlebutt?

7 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

And don’t forget the horse those BYU pricks rode in on!

No no... not the horse too!? :wacko:

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

You guys need to chill on the BYU hate. Devote your energy and hatred where it really belongs...Fort Fun!:banhammer:

21 minutes ago, jdw said:

You guys need to chill on the BYU hate. Devote your energy and hatred where it really belongs...Fort Fun!:banhammer:

Nah..... BYU can suck a fat one! I hate them more than I hate NMSU, and that’s saying a lot.

Speaking of scuttlebutt, CSU fans... whats the scuttlebutt from CSU about fans at games, ticket distribution, and visiting fans?

Front Range School road trips are always a blast! Would be fun to head up to FC for the opening game. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

The ONLY reason Rocky Long's career isn't set-in-stone, top-of-the-heap Legendary with a capital "L" are the programs he chose to grace with his greatness!

New Mexico?!?! What real chance of the highest level of success (G5 levels) did he have, regardless of his coaching acumen? And then, when he consistently performed miracles (by Lobo historical standards) for that program, they pushed him out.

He took on SDSU when they were truly the Sleeping Giant with the emphasis on "sleeping". TCU quality defense without the athletic talent. JMHO, but the scariest team for Boise State to play every year when Rocky was there.  Great coach and never intimidated. He probably had his pick of much bigger programs at least as a DC but stuck with UNM and SDSU.

That would be like Chris Petersen averaging 8 wins a year at UNLV, getting fired and then moving on to SJSU before returning to UNLV as the OC! :ph34r: 

Guest #1Stunner
14 hours ago, robe said:

I use to have fierce hatred for all things New Mexico. After 10 years I no longer root for their demise. I actually was hoping for a series but I have no desire to play against Rocky Long. 

He is perhaps the greatest coach I have ever seen. He had 3 problems he never cared about preseason games and he had no desire to move up to the P5 level. The 3rd is he never returned to BYU. 

Agreed.  Better for BYU to avoid New Mexico at all costs until Rocky retires.

Rocky is a BYU killer, which is ironic, given his dad Rod Long is a BYU legend. 

Guest #1Stunner
12 hours ago, sean327 said:

Nah..... BYU can suck a fat one! I hate them more than I hate NMSU, and that’s saying a lot.

Sean, control your Irish-New Mexican temper...

2 hours ago, SparkysDad said:

The ONLY reason Rocky Long's career isn't set-in-stone, top-of-the-heap Legendary with a capital "L" are the programs he chose to grace with his greatness!

New Mexico?!?! What real chance of the highest level of success (G5 levels) did he have, regardless of his coaching acumen? And then, when he consistently performed miracles (by Lobo historical standards) for that program, they pushed him out.

He took on SDSU when they were truly the Sleeping Giant with the emphasis on "sleeping". TCU quality defense without the athletic talent. JMHO, but the scariest team for Boise State to play every year when Rocky was there.  Great coach and never intimidated. He probably had his pick of much bigger programs at least as a DC but stuck with UNM and SDSU.

That would be like Chris Petersen averaging 8 wins a year at UNLV, getting fired and then moving on to SJSU before returning to UNLV as the OC! :ph34r: 

The east coast has no clue what a great coach Rocky is. Rocky doesn’t care about any of those things. Being raised by BYU made him a very modest man. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

New Mexico is already a scary team that no one wants to play anymore. Forget the schedule you almost had with BYU. No way will we play you now. 

1 hour ago, robe said:

New Mexico is already a scary team that no one wants to play anymore. Forget the schedule you almost had with BYU. No way will we play you now. 

You won't......... even if we make you mad, cause you know we're gonna make fun of your coach's "call girl" date from last night... for a looong time!

1391791734_yourdate.gif.dd878a31447704cfeddc3490c677bc06.gif

30 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

You won't......... even if we make you mad, cause you know we're gonna make fun of your coach's "call girl" date from last night... for a looong time!

1391791734_yourdate.gif.dd878a31447704cfeddc3490c677bc06.gif

No way. Rocky is BYU’s kryptonite. 

6 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Speaking of scuttlebutt, CSU fans... whats the scuttlebutt from CSU about fans at games, ticket distribution, and visiting fans?

Front Range School road trips are always a blast! Would be fun to head up to FC for the opening game. 

I wouldn't plan on attending.  As of right now they don't anticipate letting fans into the games at all.  Supposedly the AD is "negotiating" with the local health department tyrants, but it's Larimer county and I don't have much hope.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lol at Rocky worship.  The guy is barely over .500 with a career winning percentage of .577 at D1 schools.  

He is an above average coach and really good defensive mind.

Special Just-for-Jeffkills reply: "Dallas would take him right now!"