Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SparkysDad

BYU For Real?

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Texas State, UTSA are on BYUs schedule and are current MWC expansion candidates.

But LA Tech feels most on par with the MWC (bottom half).  They had fight.

What?!?! Someone get Hair on the phone... #breakingnews

IMO we still won't know what BYU is or isn't at the end of the year. They could go undefeated and I don't think it would tell us anything with their schedule being downright awful (no fault of their own). While I enjoy having football back as a spectator, I am not paying any attention to rankings and polls this year with so many players not playing or opting out and leagues playing at different times of the season and in different weather against different opponents than planned.

I think all we can conclude at the end of the year is that the respective league champions are better than their league-mates. Whereas BYU has no conference, it will be difficult to draw any definitive conclusions even if they happen to beat the likely best opponent on their schedule in BSU. In that matchup one team goes out and scrimmages the sisters of the poor each week while building up their entire season around a single game while the other will be busy playing a more difficult (and important) conference schedule each week and the OOC game against BYU will be just another game....and maybe one that doesn't matter a whole lot to them either.

Guest #1Stunner
46 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

IMO we still won't know what BYU is or isn't at the end of the year. They could go undefeated and I don't think it would tell us anything with their schedule being downright awful (no fault of their own). While I enjoy having football back as a spectator, I am not paying any attention to rankings and polls this year with so many players not playing or opting out and leagues playing at different times of the season and in different weather against different opponents than planned.

I think all we can conclude at the end of the year is that the respective league champions are better than their league-mates. Whereas BYU has no conference, it will be difficult to draw any definitive conclusions even if they happen to beat the likely best opponent on their schedule in BSU. In that matchup one team goes out and scrimmages the sisters of the poor each week while building up their entire season around a single game while the other will be busy playing a more difficult (and important) conference schedule each week and the OOC game against BYU will be just another game....and maybe one that doesn't matter a whole lot to them either.

The MWC schedule is apparently "so important" and "meaningful", that two of the best MWC schools (Boise and SDSU) voluntarily dropped conference games, so that they could play Independent BYU.

Odd that they would do such thing....right?  Don't they want the more "meaningful" MWC games?!?!

20 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

35 point underdog UTSA keeps it within a touchdown (20-27) and makes BYU secondary look a little suspect again. 

Easy now.. The BYU ilk here get defensive when you talk about their cupcake schedule. 4-0 against stinky turds and had trouble at home today against a team with a roadrunner mascot from powerhouse CUSA.

1984 2.0 is almost complete.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:31 PM, #1Stunner said:

BYU is the most popular, most discussed, most followed, most watched, most emulated, and most cheered for team in the entire MWC.  BYU is the ORIGINAL VILLIAN of the Intermountain West!!

We will CRUSH BOISE, and send them back to the Potato fields, crying to their Idaho Mamas... @bsubroncochick

Go Cougs!!!!

You are a legend in your own mind.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:52 AM, #1Stunner said:

The MWC schedule is apparently "so important" and "meaningful", that two of the best MWC schools (Boise and SDSU) voluntarily dropped conference games, so that they could play Independent BYU.

Odd that they would do such thing....right?  Don't they want the more "meaningful" MWC games?!?!

Which is why BsU SDSu AFA should just go to AAC.  Or something. I mean if you don't want to play in your own conference change is needed I guess.  

Recipe for a W was on display Saturday. YBU has been playing Cupcakes to date, UTSA is a well coached team yet talent is lacking and that was evident.

Looking forward to the Borg receiving at least two nice  beatdowns by Boise and SDSU.

Houston is ranked in the 30s in a lot of the fancy computer systems. UTSA was in the 90s. Should be a good game this next week. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Gawd..WE finally got to play last Thursday.  It was soooo late in the season our offense thought it was Christmas what with gift wrapping the ball and handing it over to the Tulane every chance it got in the first half.   Fortunately Coogs snapped to it second half and remembered that it's only early October. 

Double Header Friday Night on the nigh ESPN Normal.  First it's SMU/the Tulane.  Then it's Coogs/Cougs. 

image.jpeg.9f8bc33bd677803bc8288d265f09cf69.jpeg      image.jpeg.ca0ab848e18336ef4fa1a4695b71cbfc.jpeg  

image.jpeg.ea5cae8941b2761c991a57d68a1ea975.jpeg

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

17 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Gawd..WE finally got to play last Thursday.  It was soooo late in the season our offense thought it was Christmas what with gift wrapping the ball and handing it over to the Tulane every chance it got in the first half.   Fortunately Coogs snapped to it second half and remembered that it's only early October. 

Double Header Friday Night on the nigh ESPN Normal.  First it's SMU/the Tulane.  Then it's Coogs/Cougs. 

I’ve often pondered what happens when a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it.  

Every team has a down game. Win and move on. A win over Houston will be solid. How good are the teams on our schedule to early to tell for certain. But we know this all 4 wins are solid football teams. I think only 2 losses between them outside of the BYU loss. 

If BYU wins out the way the poll shape up we will be around the top 5. I doubt we win out. If we do we beat a least a few teams not playing our A game. I suspect BYU will pick up 2 more games probably one during the conference championship week. 

USU championship week and a possible P5 or Army. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

7 hours ago, Coog kev said:

image.jpeg.9f8bc33bd677803bc8288d265f09cf69.jpeg      image.jpeg.ca0ab848e18336ef4fa1a4695b71cbfc.jpeg  

image.jpeg.ea5cae8941b2761c991a57d68a1ea975.jpeg

I might be heading down to the game. Hopefully more blue cougars join me and sweep up the tickets and sell out the allotment. How many are they allowing?

10 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Recipe for a W was on display Saturday. YBU has been playing Cupcakes to date, UTSA is a well coached team yet talent is lacking and that was evident.

Looking forward to the Borg will receiving at least two nice  beatdowns by Boise and SDSU.

With Rocky gone I’m pretty confident in a BYU win. 

7 hours ago, robe said:

Every team has a down game. Win and move on. A win over Houston will be solid. How good are the teams on our schedule to early to tell for certain. But we know this all 4 wins are solid football teams. I think only 2 losses between them outside of the BYU loss. 

If BYU wins out the way the poll shape up we will be around the top 5. I doubt we win out. If we do we beat a least a few teams not playing our A game. I suspect BYU will pick up 2 more games probably one during the conference championship week. 

USU championship week and a possible P5 or Army. 

BYU may or may not be good this year, but this is a laughable take.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Guest #1Stunner
12 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I’ve often pondered what happens when a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it.  

Are you talking about the trees in the end zone?

hqdefault.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, robe said:

With Rocky gone I’m pretty confident in a BYU win. 

Agree.

Rocky Long is the most challenging coach BYU has ever faced.  That guy does more with less.

I think BYU beats SDSU this year.

9 hours ago, robe said:

I might be heading down to the game. Hopefully more blue cougars join me and sweep up the tickets and sell out the allotment. How many are they allowing?

UH put out a presser back in August saying 25% capacity for football, or 10k.  I do not know if that's been modified since then...seems like you should be fine if you show up live but dunno fer shure..

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, Coog kev said:

UH put out a presser back in August saying 25% capacity for football, or 10k.  I do not know if that's been modified since then...seems like you should be fine if you show up live but dunno fer shure..

This game is huge and will be heavily watched in the MWC and AAC.

Houston is one of the stronger AAC schools.

BYU is the most watched, most followed, most popular school in the MWC.

Can't wait!!