Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SparkysDad

BYU For Real?

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

BYU already has five games under their belts. Right now, they’ll steamroll every team in the MWC, yes, even BSU. There is no replacement for real live, ‘I’m gonna rip your head off’ full speed, full contact football! Heck, some of our teams can’t even scrimmage against their own best players, let alone play a live game with an 5-0 team!

I’m not so sure I’m ready to write Boise off at home. Let’s see them play first..  Boise isn’t a pushover, especially at home. 

Houston is terrible, just like BYU’’s other 4 opponents.  Wilson looks great against teams with no defense.  He got his ass handed to him last year against anything with teeth.  

24 minutes ago, utenation said:

I’m not so sure I’m ready to write Boise off at home. Let’s see them play first..  Boise isn’t a pushover, especially at home. 

Houston is terrible, just like BYU’’s other 4 opponents.  Wilson looks great against teams with no defense.  He got his ass handed to him last year against anything with teeth.  

Wish I had your optimism.  BYU will have had what, 9 more weeks of practice?  That's like an entire normal off season more, plus 5 more live games.  No team that has not played yet would beat them today, at least no team not named tOSU.  Glad we will have two games under our belt though, that may give us a chance.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wish I had your optimism.  BYU will have had what, 9 more weeks of practice?  That's like an entire normal off season more, plus 5 more live games.  No team that has not played yet would beat them today, at least no team not named tOSU.  Glad we will have two games under our belt though, that may give us a chance.

Those two games in hand will help alot for BSU. They say teams made their best adjustments between the first and second games. So if BYU is your 3rd game of the season, that'll be huge! 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

All I’m saying Is, lets see Boise play first before we crown BYU super bowl champs

3 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Those two games in hand will help alot for BSU. They say teams made their best adjustments between the first and second games. So if BYU is your 3rd game of the season, that'll be huge! 

It's 2020 and anything can happen. 

Hey ya, Robe.  Glad you made the trip and for you..glad ya'll won.  What a whopper 4th quarter.  Interesting thought...does BYU get a mega bowl if ya'll win out?  Shoot, I'd rather see BYU and (probable) Cincinnati in the AAC Champs game this year..as a special one-time thing.  Not unlike ND's one time special all-in relationship with ACC. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, Coog kev said:

Hey ya, Robe.  Glad you made the trip and for you..glad ya'll won.  What a whopper 4th quarter.  Interesting thought...does BYU get a mega bowl if ya'll win out?  Shoot, I'd rather see BYU and (probable) Cincinnati in the AAC Champs game this year..as a special one-time thing.  Not unlike ND's one time special all-in relationship with ACC. 

Great game Houston!

As a BYU fan, I enjoy BYU playing Houston. Would love for more frequent  games between BYU and Houston. 

BYU has a lot of fans in Texas.  I know @RSF has shared how BYU used to completely take over Texas Christian University's stadium.  Probably not as many BYU fans in Houston, but would be great nonetheless.  

Best of luck the rest of the year!

4 hours ago, Coog kev said:

Thanks Coog Kev. Great stadium. Great fans you guys had that place rocking when you had us on the ropes. 

I doubt we run the table you have to be good and lucky. With Zach we have a chance. I’ve seen a lot of QB at BYU.  This season so far is probably the best I’ve seen. Zach just took over in the 4th quarter. 

I wish Holmoe and ACC could have made a deal for a one year membership. 

I would love to be a conference mate with you. In the B12 preferably or the AAC. 

BYU has 2 games left to schedule. I could see us play and undefeated AAC team in late November or early December. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Great game Houston!

As a BYU fan, I enjoy BYU playing Houston. Would love for more frequent  games between BYU and Houston. 

BYU has a lot of fans in Texas.  I know @RSF has shared how BYU used to completely take over Texas Christian University's stadium.  Probably not as many BYU fans in Houston, but would be great nonetheless.  

Best of luck the rest of the year!

I was at a TCU game in the WAC days we outnumbered them.  We had a ton a Fans at Houston but by the time all the fans showed up it was at least 60 to 70% Houston fans. The upper deck was like 80% BYU fans. When it was about to start it look like we had more fans. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Guest #1Stunner
17 hours ago, robe said:

I was at a TCU game in the WAC days we outnumbered them.  We had a ton a Fans at Houston but by the time all the fans showed up it was at least 60 to 70% Houston fans. The upper deck was like 80% BYU fans. When it was about to start it look like we had more fans. 

Yes, BYU fans have long outnumbered Texas Christian fans in Fort Worth.