Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SparkysDad

BYU For Real?

Guest #1Stunner
On 10/15/2020 at 7:32 AM, robe said:

Hey Coog Kev I bought another ticket this morning. They had to send me to the supervisor. It looks like it will be max attendance. 

Sounds like our whole starting DLine is out injured or sick.  We are screwed.

5 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Sounds like our whole starting DLine is out injured or sick.  We are screwed.

considering their advanced ages, Covid is a real threat!

Guest #1Stunner
54 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

considering their advanced ages, Covid is a real threat!

You made a funny!  (that was pretty good).

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, robe said:

70 miles out seeing a few other cougar fans on I 45

You drive or fly down?   How long was your drive?

Guest #1Stunner
On 10/4/2020 at 2:12 PM, SparkysDad said:

I think/thought so too.  But given Air Force's dominant win against Navy, especially considering that it was AFA's first game of the season against a team that had already played 2 games, do you think Air Force would have similar results against Troy and LaTech?

I ask, only half in jest, if Air Force should also be considered a Top 15 program at this point in the season? Or does BYU = Air Force, with Air Force's expectations not being a NY6 invite nor a Playoff contender.

Like I said, it will be interesting the rest of the way for BYU, although 3 of their next 4 games are against 3-1 UTSA, 1-3 Texas State and 1-2 Western Kentucky to go along with 0-0 Houston. UTSA beat Middle Tennessee by 2, Stephen F. Austin and Texas State in Double OT and lost to UAB. Texas State has only beat the University of Louisiana Monroe and Western Kentucky's lone win is against winless Middle Tennessee State.

They really need to play someone with a pulse soon and that may or may not be Houston (if they end up playing at all given Houston's issues so far!)

We lost our whole starting Dline to injury / illness going into the Houston game.

I doubt BYU will compete tonight.   The DLine depth isn't good.   BYU's only chance was with the starting DLine, as the secondary isn't great. 

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, robe said:

Seeing a ton of blue

How many Ute fans drove down?

Usually there are quite a few "Ute fans" in attendance at BYU away games. 

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, robe said:

Drove 10 hours. To fly 7 is too expensive.

Wow.  That is a long drive.  

Major props.

Hope you have a good time.   Did you make a sign?

I can't see Boise State beating BYU this season. They'll be in mid-season form and BSU will be rusty. There won't be any fans allowed and the game will probably be cold. Don't have a good feeling about this one at all

1 hour ago, robe said:

My kids got to see a classic BYU comeback. When Romney went down I thought it was over

That was a lot of fun.  Great start, sketchy middle, fantastic finish with 29 unanswered points.  Wish I could have been there in person.  Have a safe trip home.

Congrats Kitties! Good win last night. The best part about last night’s win, was watching you guys bitch slap the arrogance off of the houston players faces!

And those announcers! They had stiffies all night for houston and their qb. Glad to see your qb and team come out in top.

Welcome back to the MWC, Kitties! 😂

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Congrats Kitties! Good win last night. The best part about last night’s win, was watching you guys bitch slap the arrogance off of the houston players faces!

And those announcers! They had stiffies all night for houston and their qb. Glad to see your qb and team come out in top.

Welcome back to the MWC, Kitties! 😂

The Houston staff was awesome. They thank us for making the trip to the game. 

Dax Milne is amazing in person. His 2nd to last TD I had my hands in the air and yell TD as Zach released the bomb down the field. He was wide open in the End zone for what would have been another 40yd TD in 1st quarter.  So much better live than on TV. 

I might take them to Provo now for a game. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

As much as I hate to say this, they looked very, very good last night. Aztecs beat them last year, but I think they will steam roll us in December if the quarterback remains healthy. That kid has an arm!

SDSU Alum

BYU already has five games under their belts. Right now, they’ll steamroll every team in the MWC, yes, even BSU. There is no replacement for real live, ‘I’m gonna rip your head off’ full speed, full contact football! Heck, some of our teams can’t even scrimmage against their own best players, let alone play a live game with an 5-0 team!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."