Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

MW Predictions

4 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

Do think they will play with the 14-day quarantine in place in Hawaii?  

That's already been resolved.  Effective October 15th the quarantine won't be required for travelers who test negative 72 hours or less before their flight.

Also UH is going on the road for its first two games which provides additional time to work out any kinks in the testing program.

I think this year's team has a lot going for it.  The players have been on campus and training (with appropriate precautions) since July.  The offense could be even more productive than last season if Cordeiro stays healthy.  He's more accurate than McDonald, he'll be playing behind a deep and experienced o-line and he'll have great support at the skill positions.  His problem is that he's not big and likes to run just a little too much. 

The defense may have an issue at linebacker where there's talent but very little depth.  However the line will be solid and the safeties should be very good.

13 hours ago, madmartigan said:

SDSU could struggle right out of the gate given the reduced practice time. 

That's why we start with a "scrimmage" against Southern Nevada CC in the Carson Cage.

The new LB Corp and coordinators need to get some reps in before we play the Utags

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

This season is going to be a toss up all the way around.  Lots of coaching staff changes in the league this year and with little to no spring practice and fall camp it will likely take a few games for those teams to be able to translate the new schemes to full speed on the field.  There's also going to be teams who get get covid which will throw a wrench in their seasons.  The best teams may not end up in the championship game.  

How many spring practices did everyone get?

CSU got 8 of 15 before having to cancel

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

On 10/4/2020 at 9:19 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

You guys will struggle with Wyo. Just be sure to beat on the Borg prior to our pasting of those SOBS!

Do you know something we don't about a USU/stench matchup this season?

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

2 hours ago, USU78 said:

Do you know something we don't about a USU/stench matchup this season?

Sorry- Not clear what your asking. Wyo will be Solid/Very good.

17 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

That's why we start with a "scrimmage" against Southern Nevada CC in the Carson Cage.

The new LB Corp and coordinators need to get some reps in before we play the Utags

You gonna come up to Logan (provided it's allowed) for that game? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

18 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

You gonna come up to Logan (provided it's allowed) for that game? 

Been there for work- One real good Chinese Food Restaurant and Yes the Helado is fine too!

No may go Planet Kolob with the idiots from my club- TBD... Probably will go to Reno as family attended UNR and lots still live in Sparks...

4 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Been there for work- One real good Chinese Food Restaurant and Yes the Helado is fine too!

No may go Planet Kolob with the idiots from my club- TBD... Probably will go to Reno as family attended UNR and lots still live in Sparks...

The food in Logan is very mediocre- especially compared to SD county, but the helado IS top notch. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

11 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

How many spring practices did everyone get?

CSU got 8 of 15 before having to cancel

Air Force 100%. Always start earlier than everyone due to a) earlier start of academics in August therefore b) finals in early May. 

..GO FALCONS..

Spartans will go 3-5,San Jose State Football Schedule4-4 at best. 

On 10/4/2020 at 1:01 PM, madmartigan said:

Every player on their defense is NFL caliber. It’s all about the NFL in Laramie. NFL rosters. NFL. Wyoming. NFL. They like the NFL. Bohl and NFL. Wyoming and nfl. Their players are better than yours even though they don’t beat your team. 

#triggered

On 10/5/2020 at 3:17 PM, Rev McQuervo said:

Sorry- Not clear what your asking. Wyo will be Solid/Very good.

No argument here.  I expect a bloody scrum with lots of 4th down tries when the Ags and Cowboys match up later.  Hope we get decent TV exposure for the game.

As for my question.  You answered it.  Your post I was responding to made it sound like we're playing the stench this season:  you imply we jump 'em or somesuch.  Don't mind an invitation, but I won't be planning on any.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.