Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

MW Predictions

SEC Mounted Division

Boise

Wyoming

AFA

USU

UMM

CSU

PAC 12 Western Division

Carson State

Nevada

Fresno

Sparty

Hawaii

UNLV

What say U ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

"Carson State" what a "Wonderful" place-only matched in "Quality" by FresTuckie...

Not sure I see us up top- our D is not going to be anywhere near as good as in the past yet our O should be dominate...

SDSU could struggle right out of the gate given the reduced practice time. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

7 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

SDSU could struggle right out of the gate given the reduced practice time. 

You guys will struggle with Wyo. Just be sure to beat on the Borg prior to our pasting of those SOBS!

25 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

we could be good, we could be bad, who the hell knows.  I like the talent - i'd have figured for 8 wins or so if you asked me in march - but no prep really really hurts

Fresno has nice talent at the skill positions, even if production lacked last year.  I think Haener will be a top 3 QB in the conference and will be a significant upgrade over last year.  O line should be decent.  I would rate Fresno's offensive talent as top 5 in the conference.  On D, the D line should be strong.  The loss of Rice and Walker hurts the LB core, safety seems iffy, CB seems strong.  Free might be the best DP in the conference.

2 minutes ago, phxpoke said:

Pokes and donks will play back to back games on cold, consecutive Laramie Saturdays in December.

I could see Wyoming finishing anywhere from 1st to 8th.  The defense is a big question mark with the coaching losses, what was lost to graduation and now the opt outs.  If the defense remains good they will be in the thick of the hunt.  If it regresses a little they should still be one of the better teams.  If it regresses more than that they may struggle to win 3-4 games.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Fresno has nice talent at the skill positions, even if production lacked last year.  I think Haener will be a top 3 QB in the conference and will be a significant upgrade over last year.  O line should be decent.  I would rate Fresno's offensive talent as top 5 in the conference.  On D, the D line should be strong.  The loss of Rice and Walker hurts the LB core, safety seems iffy, CB seems strong.  Free might be the best DP in the conference.

more or less accurate, i think Haener will be a very noticeable upgrade over Reyna and not having the avalanche of freak injuries will help.   LB is the big unknown but my guess is Illinois transfer Jacob Hollins steps in at one of the starting spots. 

5 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

more or less accurate, i think Haener will be a very noticeable upgrade over Reyna and not having the avalanche of freak injuries will help.   LB is the big unknown but my guess is Illinois transfer Jacob Hollins steps in at one of the starting spots. 

Reyna was not horrible, he reminded me of a Southwick type QB.  Haener though is a very good QB and you had THE Chris Petersen more or less send him your way, that says a lot.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Reyna was not horrible, he reminded me of a Southwick type QB.  Haener though is a very good QB and you had THE Chris Petersen more or less send him your way, that says a lot.

Reyna wasn't a bad QB, he just couldn't get out of his own head in big moments.  Nobody else we had would have been better last year so i understand tedford not benching him at any point. 

46 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I could see Wyoming finishing anywhere from 1st to 8th.  The defense is a big question mark with the coaching losses, what was lost to graduation and now the opt outs.  If the defense remains good they will be in the thick of the hunt.  If it regresses a little they should still be one of the better teams.  If it regresses more than that they may struggle to win 3-4 games.

Every player on their defense is NFL caliber. It’s all about the NFL in Laramie. NFL rosters. NFL. Wyoming. NFL. They like the NFL. Bohl and NFL. Wyoming and nfl. Their players are better than yours even though they don’t beat your team. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

6 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Every player on their defense is NFL caliber. It’s all about the NFL in Laramie. NFL rosters. NFL. Wyoming. NFL. They like the NFL. Bohl and NFL. Wyoming and nfl. Their players are better than yours even though they don’t beat your team. 

For just $1.50 a day, you too, can help a Wyoming football player in the NFL feed his family.

33 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

NFL talent as in "Not For Long"

Americans Mayor

11 hours ago, couz808 said:

No divisions this year so the top 2 teams in the championship game will probably be from the mountain.

So I will reload my prediction

1. Carson State

2. Boise

3-6 AFA, Fresno, Nevada, Why, 

7 -10 USU, Hawaii, Sparty

11 Los Lobos

12. CS-Ewe

Americans Mayor

Lobos might be a bit ( a bit) better than 11, maybe squeeze into that 7-10 range of Spaz's. Defense will be better with Rocky and Danny on the sidelines. Offense without injuries might be a surprise, need to find a running back. Offensive line is competitive.

I think the thing for everyone is prep. Gov is making noises that if UNM and the MWC can provide a reasonable testing regimen, she'll have her Public Health Officer relax restrictions. So far, very few teams outside of the top of the list seem to have knocked the rust off even after a few games. How's the MWC do starting in late October?