Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

BYU vs Louisiana Tech Game Thread

Just now, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I would’ve loved for BYU to come to Orlando for the mutual 11/7 date.  There were legitimate discussions but couldn’t close the deal.

You and me both, I’m closing on a home in Oviedo this month.  

Serious question, where can I find the College Football Playoff National Championship trophy on the UCF campus?

5 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

You and me both, I’m closing on a home in Oviedo this month.  

Serious question, where can I find the College Football Playoff National Championship trophy on the UCF campus?

I believe it resides with the team that won the invitational that year.

Enjoy the campus, it’s beautiful.  It’s a shame you chose to move to Oviedo now, its lost its soul.  When I grew up there it was all orange groves and wild chickens.

16 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Enjoy the campus, it’s beautiful.  It’s a shame you chose to move to Oviedo now, its lost its soul.  When I grew up there it was all orange groves and wild chickens.

Hah!

It still has that same charm, the area around the house is covered by horse farms.  

I’m sure you know the area I’m talking about.  

12 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

This is the best BYU team I’ve seen in a long time. They really don’t have any weaknesses. Both lines dominate and Wilson to Romney is a great combination. They have a good shot at going undefeated. Their weak schedule will keep them out of playoff consideration. Boise State may or may not be the only top 25 team they play all year, depending on how the Broncos do. 

BYU always gets too confident. Wilson is legit though and Romney would start on almost any team in the country. 

I doubt we go undefeated. We will have at least 2 games we won’t play well. It just how football is. Houston, BSU and SDSU we have to bring our A game to win. At least one of those 3 beats us. I assume ESPN will match us against Utah in a bowl. Utenations will ecstatics that guy is a big Utah fan but he is probably the most passionate BYU poster on this site, slightly edging out stunner. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'd like to play UCF, but not at the expense of playing Boise this year.

I’d rather play USU. they have been very loyal to BYU. 

12 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

This is the best BYU team I’ve seen in a long time. They really don’t have any weaknesses. Both lines dominate and Wilson to Romney is a great combination. They have a good shot at going undefeated. Their weak schedule will keep them out of playoff consideration. Boise State may or may not be the only top 25 team they play all year, depending on how the Broncos do. 

Romney is completing almost 80% of his passes and he is the backup. 

28 minutes ago, robe said:

Romney is completing almost 80% of his passes and he is the backup. 

Wilson is looking great so far, however, no one has gotten much pressure on him. Wilson could start on most teams in the country and has a great shot at the NFL. I like Romney. Very athletic kid that is deceptively fast and catches everything. And Tonga is a one man wrecking crew. 

It’s tough to go undefeated. There are always a game or two where nothing seems to go your way. Plus it’s impossible to maintain an emotional edge throughout the season. There are always several flat games. To go undefeated you have to be both good and lucky and have exceptional talent. 

I’m looking forward to the game on Nov 7th. I hope it comes off

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Wilson is looking great so far, however, no one has gotten much pressure on him. Wilson could start on most teams in the country and has a great shot at the NFL. I like Romney. Very athletic kid that is deceptively fast and catches everything. And Tonga is a one man wrecking crew. 

It’s tough to go undefeated. There are always a game or two where nothing seems to go your way. Plus it’s impossible to maintain an emotional edge throughout the season. There are always several flat games. To go undefeated you have to be both good and lucky and have exceptional talent. 

They started out a little flat last night

At some point they won't be able to pressure with 3 and will have to hold up in coverage or pressure the QB

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

LMAO...

Yeah, it’s amazing how good Wilson looks this year against some of the worst competition on the planet. 

You should go back and look at his stats last year against real teams and defenses. Utah and Washington are two good examples. Maybe @Jack Bauer@#1Stunner@robe       remember those games? 

Throw in the 2019 SDSU game too.

1 hour ago, utenation said:

LMAO...

Yeah, it’s amazing how good Wilson looks this year against some of the worst competition on the planet. 

You should go back and look at his stats last year against real teams and defenses. Utah and Washington are two good examples. Maybe @Jack Bauer@#1Stunner@robe       remember those games? 

LMAO at how invested lil’ Natty is in the Cougs this year.  Pure gold ol’ friend. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, utenation said:

LMAO...

^^^

LOL!   This is cute...

An SLCC graduate / fan, trying to tell BYU and UTAH fans about college football...

0?e=2159024400&v=beta&t=Vs2dVANOLW_ndjgK

Guest #1Stunner
16 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

LMAO at how invested lil’ Natty is in the Cougs this year.  Pure gold ol’ friend. 

He's an SLCC alum, and apparently tries extra hard to participate in the BYU vs UTAH rivalry.

38 minutes ago, utenation said:

It’s amazing.. None of these BYU fans can refute my stats.. 

Next up for BYU..  The mighty UTSA Roadrunners.. I’m sure Wilson and crew will look like Super Bowl Champs against this powerhouse.  1984 2.0

Lil’ Natty, we all look forward to reading your preview on the upcoming BYU vs UTSA game.  Your knowledge and insight on these two teams is unparalleled.   #fullyinvested

LMAO....pure gold ol’ friend

26 minutes ago, utenation said:

Wasn’t @Jack Bauerpropping up an embarrassing Navy team  as “their best win” in 2020? The same Navy team that was demolished by a very average AFA team? Navy is 1-2...God Damned powerhouse football.

Times are lean in Provo, apparently.

Lil’ Natty with more expert analysis on another team in Air Force.  Why in hades don’t you get out of mom’s basement and take your schtick to the networks.   Corso may be dead any day now.   Might be your big moment.

#fullyinvested

LMAO...Pure gold ol’ friend

22 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

First off, congrats on being a UCF fan.  I’ve never actually seen any on message boards. Like seeing Bigfoot I’d imagine.  I guess it’s hard to build a legit fanbase starting in 2017.

“Powerhouse” UCF just got embarrassed by one of the worst teams in FBS or FCS. I’m not sure if you guys have noticed, Scott Frost left the building. I bet he’d like to come back these days and continue the UCF cupcake bake sale..

Like you said, at least your campus is neat...

@BSUTOP25 wasn’t this the clown that said ESPN’s Sportscenter has dedicated UCF East Coast coverage in their contract?

48 minutes ago, utenation said:

First off, congrats on being a UCF fan.  I’ve never actually seen any on message boards. Like seeing Bigfoot I’d imagine.  I guess it’s hard to build a legit fanbase starting in 2017.

“Powerhouse” UCF just got embarrassed by one of the worst teams in FBS or FCS. I’m not sure if you guys have noticed, Scott Frost left the building. I bet he’d like to come back these days and continue the UCF cupcake bake sale..

Like you said, at least your campus is neat...

@BSUTOP25 wasn’t this the clown that said ESPN’s Sportscenter has dedicated UCF East Coast coverage in their contract?

You're not one to talk about message boards. The one you run is a library, it even has an old lady that shushes people if they don't sip the PAC kool aid. You guys getting 15 posts a day yet? Ragging out a team that has recent history when yours started in 2004? Good stuff, even from you.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

You're not one to talk about message boards. The one you run is a library, it even has an old lady that shushes people if they don't sip the PAC kool aid. You guys getting 15 posts a day yet? Ragging out a team that has recent history when yours started in 2004? Good stuff, even from you.

I noticed you had zero to say on the Navy win. Last week, you sure were singing their fight song..