Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU vs SDSU --- It's Official (December Game in Provo)

Guest #1Stunner
16 minutes ago, Aztecfan1 said:

Let me help you conspiracy theory dudes out here. First , no team tells the MWC they wanna opt out of a game. The conf made up the new  schedule. Next, sdsu at BYU was already on the sch. Nothing new there. And, both had an opening 12/12 for the reschedule. Finally , sdsu would have been better off playing the eighth conf game of it comes to tiebreaker. Suppose Wyoming goes 7-1 and sdsu goes 6- 1. Who has the better winning %? So you and the Ghoster are blowing smoke. The MWC has never done sdsu any favors. That smile has always been bestowed on Bosie. 

BYU had a lot of games scheduled that were canceled when the SEC, BIG TEN, and PAC12 went to "Conference Only" schedule.

The MWC also went to Conference only, except for AFA (who had obligations against the service academies) and Boise and SDSU (who demanded their right to schedule BYU).

This is amazing, and will be two great games. 

On 10/2/2020 at 10:42 AM, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

You guys got +++++ed into a road game you haven't won since 1986 so SDSU could play BYU and SDSU doesn't have to come to Laramie? Is BYU paying for MWC covid testing so we can accomodate BYU's schedule?

Somebody got paid. Who was it?

Ask @#1Stunner, I heard BYU used his prodigious tithing payments to grease some palms  😉

6 minutes ago, Aztecfan1 said:

Funny that the robe thinks his teams games vs La Tech and Troy get more notice nationally than say Utah vs Oregon , etc. More BYU delusions.  

Bro... these BYU homers have nothing.. You should see the filth being spewed out of Provo. They have zero stats to back up their claims. They’ve been Utah’s bitch for almost 2 decades.

Their stories are nothing more than a house of cards.

Good luck to SDSU this year and beat these pussies with an SOS of 300.

17 minutes ago, Aztecfan1 said:

Always get a kick out of the phony “own” nonsense. Were you on Mars last November? BYU scored 3 pts. 

My dyslexia was kicking in. I meant owe not own. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

17 minutes ago, utenation said:

I see. So we’ve already proven one of your lies wrong... But now you are trying to sell more bullshit expecting people to buy it.. 

Utah is top 5 or 6 in the nation in playoff rankings appearances  since 2014.. So I guess someone outside of Utah is paying attention. Stats and facts aren’t your friend putz...

So tell me again how BYU plays 6-7 P5 teams every year. Try google bro. It’s been around forever.

Ha ha. Keep up the passion. Utah is very well respected. I’m just telling out East the don’t care about Utah. BYU is still a much bigger national brand than Utah. To Utah’s credit they are in the national discussions in November. But it takes a whole season. BYU wins one big game which happens every year a national writer start discussing BYU as a playoff contender. I’m not saying the entire media does but someone picks up the BYU narrative from back East. It’s our national brand that only a couple teams out west have it. BSU is as much if not more than a national brand than Utah. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

14 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU had a lot of games scheduled that were canceled when the SEC, BIG TEN, and PAC12 went to "Conference Only" schedule.

The MWC also went to Conference only, except for AFA (who had obligations against the service academies) and Boise and SDSU (who demanded their right to schedule BYU).

A bit ironic, isn’t it?  The year you guys play zero P5 teams, you guys are flying high, ranked and baking cupcake after cupcake..

I think we’ve established that this is BYU’s comfort zone.. If we have any type of big boy schedule involved, they embarrass themselves. Once the rest of the P5 teams start playing, pollsters will see right through BYU in the rankings.

17 minutes ago, robe said:

Ha ha. Keep up the passion. Utah is very well respected. I’m just telling out East the don’t care about Utah. BYU is still a much bigger national brand than Utah. To Utah’s credit they are in the national discussions in November. But it takes a whole season. BYU wins one big game which happens every year a national writer start discussing BYU as a playoff contender. I’m not saying the entire media does but someone picks up the BYU narrative from back East. It’s our national brand that only a couple teams out west have it. BSU is as much if not more than a national brand than Utah. 

Lol at the whole “BYU Brand”.. Outside of a few LDS fire sides on the East Coast, nobody cares. 

You have zero performance legs to stand on... Dust off the ole national brand joke. You have nothing.  Embrace it.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Demanded to play BYU? Not at all. Sdsu has no right to demand nor does anyone. The sdsu at BYU was added two days after the conf announced the schedule. It was fortunate for both that there was 12/12 open. Don’t even mention AFA’s “obligations.”  They are the team that got special consideration. To me , that should not have been allowed. 

Guest #1Stunner
35 minutes ago, Aztecfan1 said:

Demanded to play BYU? Not at all. Sdsu has no right to demand nor does anyone. The sdsu at BYU was added two days after the conf announced the schedule. It was fortunate for both that there was 12/12 open. Don’t even mention AFA’s “obligations.”  They are the team that got special consideration. To me , that should not have been allowed. 

This will be a great game.

Played in warm, beautiful, sunny Carson California.  A great mid-December game.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:04 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

I doubt cold had much to do with it.  I would venture two things were in play:  1) honoring the home and home, since you had already come to SD.  2) BYU is likely the bigger name, and a potential win could benefit the resume more than AFA or Wyo.  I may have to see if the lady wants to do some skiing (and a football game) in Utah

Looking for a ski guide/coach ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 10/2/2020 at 11:42 AM, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

You guys got +++++ed into a road game you haven't won since 1986 so SDSU could play BYU and SDSU doesn't have to come to Laramie? Is BYU paying for MWC covid testing so we can accomodate BYU's schedule?

Somebody got paid. Who was it?

River Phoenix Film GIF

Americans Mayor

On 10/2/2020 at 12:05 PM, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Yeah, it's bullshit because SDSU gets to duck the hardest game on their schedule for a game that doesn't count against the conference standings.

SDSU shouldn't be allowed to play in the MWC championship game.

Sad Homer Simpson GIF

Americans Mayor

On 10/2/2020 at 12:16 PM, Ibanez said:

This year Nevada will be the best team in the west. Bet me.

Done.

Americans Mayor

On 10/2/2020 at 12:27 PM, #1Stunner said:

The "Cowboy Up" spirit seems to be dying more and more each year...

Since when did Wyoming Cowboys go from "doers" to "whiners"?!?!?!

So....Boise and SDSU passed on Wyoming to schedule BYU...  Boise also gets a higher TV Payout.   Instead of whining, Cowboys Athletics should be telling the MWC that they are going to start acting in their own best interest.   

Schedule a 9th game, OOC, against Wyoming's out of conference rival.   Schedule the Utah Utes maybe????

It would be over at halftime. Utes 34-10.

Americans Mayor

On 10/2/2020 at 12:37 PM, #1Stunner said:

Who are Wyoming's top 4 rivals?

(1) CSU

(2) Montana

(3)

(4)

#2 Utah State

#3 SDSU. This has become a good cross divisional rivalry. The last three have gone down to the wire. Have you forgotten the 2016 double dip within three weeks ?

The series is tied 19-19

Americans Mayor

On 10/2/2020 at 12:40 PM, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Who are BYU's top 4 rivals?

1. Do you still call the "Holy War" a rivalry or do you call it, "Please, Daddy, may I have another?"

2. The Church of Scientology

3. Minorities

4. Women

You forgot the LGBTQ community.

Americans Mayor

On 10/2/2020 at 12:44 PM, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Yeah, we're every western teams dream trip.

Someone must have forgot to tell Wyoming that a trip to Laramie is easy since we finished undefeated at home last season.

You lost five on the road and lost to Tulsa.

Enough said.

Oh No Ugh GIF

Americans Mayor

On 10/2/2020 at 1:24 PM, robe said:

We own SDSU big time. We should offer them a yearly game. I think we are a bigger rival than SJSU or UNLV to them anyway. That would give us 4 set games a year. Not sure if SDSU wants to lock up a game. The PAC loves to play them as much as they do us. 

Yes, you have a 28-8-1 series lead. And SDSU was horrid most of those seasons.  We are 1-1 in the last decade. If we played yearly our series would be failry even.

SDSU is 6-1 against the Pacified 12 in last five years. We own them.

What's your record against them ?

Americans Mayor

7 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

This will be a great game.

Played in warm, beautiful, sunny Carson California.  A great mid-December game.

Uh, Stunner?

Stunner? Are you there? 

Tell me you are attempting humor. Tell me you really do know that the Dec 12 SDSU — BYU matchup is NOT slated to be in sunny Carson. If you go there then, it’s going to be very quiet, but smoggy, Reset your knowledge.