Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU vs SDSU --- It's Official (December Game in Provo)

14 minutes ago, utenation said:

I think you need to use your good eye next time you try to read a post.. You compared Utah to programs like NC State/Virginia. Which is a statistically not even on the map type comparison in the last 15 years.. There are clearly much bigger names out there, that was never my point.. 

There's the typical BYU fan like @Jack Bauer that can't ever admit the P12 or Utah is good at anything. I don't blame them.. We kicked them to the curb in 2011.. 90% are still very bitter.. Their whole school is bitter.. We control scheduling, we control everything.. We tell them when we will play and what time.

Then you have BSU fans like yourself that seem to have sour grapes that Utah was selected to the P12..I get this too. BSU doesn't fit the P12 profile but they've been a super consistent football program, even more so than Utah the last 15 years.. So I can see the bitterness.

It's hard for these type of fans to admit the truth.. But I get it.. That's why stats don't lie.

Not sour at all.  Utah is the example I use when talking about how Boise would fare in a power conference.  TCU and Utah are my P5 teams, for what I would assume are obvious reasons.  Utah, TCU and Boise are programs whose quality is really understood by each other.  Utah is not making that known in the Pac 12, as well.

49 minutes ago, utenation said:

Yeah, I'll have to disagree with the Virginia/NC State Comparison..  Since the start of the new playoffs, Utah ranks tops in the country in weeks in the playoff rankings.. As you can see, Virginia and NC State and even Boise State are very far down this list.. These rankings are older as well but the point is there..  I don't expect a BSU or BYU fan to admit that Utah is a good P5 program but the stats certainly disagree with you..

https://watchstadium.com/which-schools-have-been-ranked-the-most-in-the-college-football-playoff-rankings-10-31-2018/

You're Iowa. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

23 minutes ago, utenation said:

I think you need to use your good eye next time you try to read a post.. You compared Utah to programs like NC State/Virginia. Which is a statistically not even on the map type comparison in the last 15 years.. There are clearly much bigger names out there, that was never my point.. 

There's the typical BYU fan like @Jack Bauer that can't ever admit the P12 or Utah is good at anything. I don't blame them.. We kicked them to the curb in 2011.. 90% are still very bitter.. Their whole school is bitter.. We control scheduling, we control everything.. We tell them when we will play and what time.

Then you have BSU fans like yourself that seem to have sour grapes that Utah was selected to the P12..I get this too. BSU doesn't fit the P12 profile but they've been a super consistent football program, even more so than Utah the last 15 years.. So I can see the bitterness.

It's hard for these type of fans to admit the truth.. But I get it.. That's why stats don't lie.

I don't think I'm the guy you're looking for. You do you, though. You need someone to chase around.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

You're Iowa. 

Utah is a bit higher on the playoff ranking list. But I think Iowa is a fair comparison.. Not the best in the B10 consistently but have had some good seasons.. Pack their stadium...I like the comparison.

I didn't see BYU on my list? gee whiz... I guess that's not going to happen when you lose Toledo one week and beat Wisconsin the next..

BYU's pathetic program sure has shined bright since Indy right? We've all seen it.. They mostly get bulldozed by P5 teams, win a few miracles and then go through a slew of cupcakes and have a hard time with or lose to 1/4 of them..

So if Utah is Iowa, doesn't that make BYU something like Southern Miss?

11 minutes ago, utenation said:

Utah is a bit higher on the playoff ranking list. But I think Iowa is a fair comparison.. Not the best in the B10 consistently but have had some good seasons.. Pack their stadium...I like the comparison.

I didn't see BYU on my list? gee whiz... I guess that's not going to happen when you lose Toledo one week and beat Wisconsin the next..

BYU's pathetic program sure has shinned bright since Indy right? We've all seen it.. They mostly get bulldozed by P5 teams, win a few miracles and then go through a slew of cupcakes and have a hard time with or lose to 1/4 of them..

So if Utah is Iowa, doesn't that make BYU something like Southern Miss?

BYU is Kansas State.

21 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

BYU is Kansas State.

I remember looking over some comparisons of overall win percentages, bowl game appearances, etc. among all college football teams, and it seemed the closest P5 comparison to BYU was West Virginia.

3 minutes ago, Pelado said:

I remember looking over some comparisons of overall win percentages, bowl game appearances, etc. among all college football teams, and it seemed the closest P5 comparison to BYU was West Virginia.

Here’s the problem with that. WVU plays 8-10 P5 teams a year, BYU plays 3-4 tops. Not a comparison 

7 minutes ago, utenation said:

Here’s the problem with that. WVU plays 8-10 P5 teams a year, BYU plays 3-4 tops. Not a comparison 

You are a moron. BYU plays 6-7. But I’ll give you this you are overly passionate about BYU. probably the Trauma Lavell put you thru. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

3 hours ago, robe said:

You are a moron. BYU plays 6-7. But I’ll give you this you are overly passionate about BYU. probably the Trauma Lavell put you thru. 

Lol. 

2020: 0

2019: 4

2018: 5

2017: 3

2016: 6

2015: 3

2014: 3

2013: 4

2012: 5

2011: 3

That’s 3.6 per year.  Putz. Even if you take out 2020 for COVID, it’s 4 Moron

22 hours ago, Ibanez said:

BYU paid the MWC for the SDSU game and if BYU loses a game before the MWC season starts, Utah State gets a BYU game. The Boise State vs BYU game was on and off for a while til Air Force scheduled their games against the other academies. Once that happened, it opened the door for a team to play OOC. The BSU and BYU game was on and off til they got a date settled. 

SDSU volunteered to have an open date in case someone needed to make up a game. BYU was scheduled to be the team SDSU would play if their wasn't any make up games. If I am understanding correctly the MWC has decided to just play the make up games the same day as the championship game.

The MWC can use the cash. The MWC was gonna let Colorado State play an OOC game as well at one point. 

What a minute the MWC gets the money not SDSU. That is BS.

21 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

BYU gets the games against MWC foes that it wants. That probably sticks in your craw, but none of us care about that. Sorry a Boise and BYU game is worth more than what you had to offer.

That an according to ibenz we told the MWC no for an Olympic only with a 5 game scheduling agreement right before they offered Gonzaga. 

Pretty much everything I said about BYU and MWC has been true. 

BSU, USU and SDSU have elected to align themselves with BYU because it mutual benefits both of us. I wish Hawaii would do the same. 

if and when BYU joins the AAC SDSU and BSU will be with us. Hopefully USU comes along as well. 

14 hours ago, utenation said:

Lol. 

2020: 0

2019: 4

2018: 5

2017: 3

2016: 6

2015: 3

2014: 3

2013: 4

2012: 5

2011: 3

That’s 3.6 per year.  Putz. Even if you take out 2020 for COVID, it’s 4 Moron

I apologize you are right. We are doom. We had the 2nd largest home attendance I think 1st in combined attendance last year in the west.  Utah is at its apex and I still haven’t meet a Utah fan outside of Utah. 

what is odd is  national writers have  mentioned BYU as a playoff contender 4 or 5 times in September since we went independent. We suck but for some reason we are still more relevant nationally than Utah. SEC has no clue Utah has dominated BYU. Absolutely no clue. They still perceive BYU as a better opponent than Utah. 

You are locked in a Utah bubble. 

23 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The "Cowboy Up" spirit seems to be dying more and more each year...

Since when did Wyoming Cowboys go from "doers" to "whiners"?!?!?!

So....Boise and SDSU passed on Wyoming to schedule BYU...  Boise also gets a higher TV Payout.   Instead of whining, Cowboys Athletics should be telling the MWC that they are going to start acting in their own best interest.   

Schedule a 9th game, OOC, against Wyoming's out of conference rival.   Schedule the Utah Utes maybe????

Let me help you conspiracy theory dudes out here. First , no team tells the MWC they wanna opt out of a game. The conf made up the new  schedule. Next, sdsu at BYU was already on the sch. Nothing new there. And, both had an opening 12/12 for the reschedule. Finally , sdsu would have been better off playing the eighth conf game of it comes to tiebreaker. Suppose Wyoming goes 7-1 and sdsu goes 6- 1. Who has the better winning %? So you and the Ghoster are blowing smoke. The MWC has never done sdsu any favors. That smile has always been bestowed on Bosie. 

22 hours ago, robe said:

We own SDSU big time. We should offer them a yearly game. I think we are a bigger rival than SJSU or UNLV to them anyway. That would give us 4 set games a year. Not sure if SDSU wants to lock up a game. The PAC loves to play them as much as they do us. 

Always get a kick out of the phony “own” nonsense. Were you on Mars last November? BYU scored 3 pts. 

32 minutes ago, robe said:

I apologize you are right. We are doom. We had the 2nd largest home attendance I think 1st in combined attendance last year in the west.  Utah is at its apex and I still haven’t meet a Utah fan outside of Utah. 

what is odd is  national writers have  mentioned BYU as a playoff contender 4 or 5 times in September since we went independent. We suck but for some reason we are still more relevant nationally than Utah. SEC has no clue Utah has dominated BYU. Absolutely no clue. They still perceive BYU as a better opponent than Utah. 

You are locked in a Utah bubble. 

I see. So we’ve already proven one of your lies wrong... But now you are trying to sell more bullshit expecting people to buy it.. 

Utah is top 5 or 6 in the nation in playoff rankings appearances  since 2014.. So I guess someone outside of Utah is paying attention. Stats and facts aren’t your friend putz...

So tell me again how BYU plays 6-7 P5 teams every year. Try google bro. It’s been around forever.

BTW, how many weeks has BYU been ranked in the playoff rankings? I’ll save you time.. A big fat zero