Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU vs SDSU --- It's Official (December Game in Provo)

Guest #1Stunner
14 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

So who got paid? There's some under-handed dirty shit going on involving money, Craig Thompson, and BYU.

Wyoming should schedule a 9th game, OOC, to protest this...

BYU has friends in the Sun Belt and could sponsor Wyoming's efforts to schedule a school. 

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

BYU paid the MWC for the SDSU game and if BYU loses a game before the MWC season starts, Utah State gets a BYU game. The Boise State vs BYU game was on and off for a while til Air Force scheduled their games against the other academies. Once that happened, it opened the door for a team to play OOC. The BSU and BYU game was on and off til they got a date settled. 

SDSU volunteered to have an open date in case someone needed to make up a game. BYU was scheduled to be the team SDSU would play if their wasn't any make up games. If I am understanding correctly the MWC has decided to just play the make up games the same day as the championship game.

The MWC can use the cash. The MWC was gonna let Colorado State play an OOC game as well at one point. 

Yeah, it's bullshit because SDSU gets to duck the hardest game on their schedule for a game that doesn't count against the conference standings.

SDSU shouldn't be allowed to play in the MWC championship game.

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Sorry....I've been preoccupied with getting DENVER and SCHOOL OF MINES to the WCC

Both schools are full of smart kids, and would be ideal in the WCC.

Mines Nation

Pioneer Nation

You bring up a great point.  The Denver Pioneers are a former member of the Sun Belt Conference and the Sun Belt would be very happy to bring DU back.  It seems that BYU may be able to entice Denver to come along as a travel partner opening up a spot for BYU in the Sun Belt.  

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, OrediggerPoke said:

You bring up a great point.  The Denver Pioneers are a former member of the Sun Belt Conference and the Sun Belt would be very happy to bring DU back.  It seems that BYU may be able to entice Denver to come along as a travel partner opening up a spot for BYU in the Sun Belt.  

Denver in the same conference as BYU would be AMAZING!!!!

(But they'd need to bring School of Mines with them)

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Yeah, it's bullshit because SDSU gets to duck the hardest game on their schedule for a game that doesn't count against the conference standings.

SDSU shouldn't be allowed to play in the MWC championship game.

SDSU is not the best team in the West.  Wyoming stands to gain in SOS by swapping SDSU for Hawaii.  Plus Chevan Cordeiro is fun to  watch.  Bring on @Warbow

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Denver in the same conference as BYU would be AMAZING!!!!

(But they'd need to bring School of Mines with them)

Sorry that is going to be a no go.  All Mines athletes are required to take  the following courses as a prerequisite to any degree at the school: Calculus 1, 2 and 3; Differential Equations; Chemistry 1 and 2; Physics 1 and 2; intro to geology.  Because of the difficult courseload, Mines has made it a priority to limit travel and will thus be staying in the RMAC indefinitely.

10 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

SDSU is not the best team in the West.  Wyoming stands to gain in SOS by swapping SDSU for Hawaii.  Plus Chevan Cordeiro is fun to  watch.  Bring on @Warbow

Who's the best team from the west division if it isn't SDSU? Pull up the stats. They're the big dog out there right now.

It doesn't matter to Wyoming, because we got a team that hasn't won in Laramie since 1986 instead of SDSU. It should. If we want to play in the access bowl, we need the SOS.

The team that really got f'd was Hawaii. They should be livid right now.

12 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

All I can tell you is FOX thinks the Boise State and BYU rivalry is good for business. I don't know enough about the SDSU situation. If Wyoming had a true rival outside of the conference I'm sure the MWC would work to make that game happen.

Boise and BYU have played 10 games against each other. Is that the "true" ooc rivalry you're talking about?

I understand that BYU doesn't have rivals. They have a daddy that seal clubs them every year for the last 20 years or so.

Boise though? 10 games is a rivalry? Is that what you no history ass clowns in Boise think?

Guest #1Stunner
14 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Sorry that is going to be a no go.  All Mines athletes are required to take  the following courses as a prerequisite to any degree at the school: Calculus 1, 2 and 3; Differential Equations; Chemistry 1 and 2; Physics 1 and 2; intro to geology.  Because of the difficult courseload, Mines has made it a priority to limit travel and will thus be staying in the RMAC indefinitely.

Sad to hear this...

Wish the Mines Nation would start prioritizing sports over academics, like the rest of America.

Where is your priority Mines Nation!?!?!?  Get it right!!!

https://www.byutv.org/player/60df40e2-0b6f-4d83-be00-ab839bde8a46/byu-basketball-m-colorado-school-of-mines-vs-byu-11114?listid=5005d384-b4e5-41f5-a4cc-2dfdb9b255d6&listindex=89

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Boise and BYU have played 10 games against each other. Is that the "true" ooc rivalry you're talking about?

The "Cowboy Up" spirit seems to be dying more and more each year...

Since when did Wyoming Cowboys go from "doers" to "whiners"?!?!?!

So....Boise and SDSU passed on Wyoming to schedule BYU...  Boise also gets a higher TV Payout.   Instead of whining, Cowboys Athletics should be telling the MWC that they are going to start acting in their own best interest.   

Schedule a 9th game, OOC, against Wyoming's out of conference rival.   Schedule the Utah Utes maybe????

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The "Cowboy Up" spirit seems to be dying more and more each year...

Since when did Wyoming Cowboys go from "doers" to "whiners"?!?!?!

So....Boise and SDSU passed on Wyoming to schedule BYU...  Boise also gets a higher TV Payout.   Instead of whining, Cowboys Athletics should be telling the MWC that they are going to start acting in their own best interest.   

Schedule a 9th game, OOC, against Wyoming's out of conference rival.   Schedule the Utah Utes maybe????

Listen, I understand you guys have to create rivalries you can actually win since you've lost 20 in a row to Utah.

You don't find it a little funny that Boise fans are referring to a series with 10 total games in it as a "rivalry"?

Let's just be honest. It's a money game. It sure as hell isn't a rivalry.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Listen, I understand you guys have to create rivalries you can actually win since you've lost 20 in a row to Utah.

You don't find it a little funny that Boise fans are referring to a series with 10 total games in it as a "rivalry"?

I find it fun.

Glad that BYU can play BOISE every year.  

Why doesn't Wyoming create an OOC rivalry, like how BYU and BOISE did?

I've said for years...

The WYOMING vs MONTANA football game should be an annual rivalry.    

It would be a top 5 rivalry in the Country, played on network TV every year.

These two states are natural rivals with each other.   

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I find it fun.

Glad that BYU can play BOISE every year.  

Why doesn't Wyoming create an OOC rivalry, like how BYU and BOISE did?

I've said for years...

The WYOMING vs MONTANA football game should be an annual rivalry.    

It would be a top 5 rivalry in the Country, played on network TV every year.

These two states are natural rivals with each other.   

Wyoming doesn't have to create rivalries. We already have them. I understand that you guys aren't ever going to beat Utah again, especially with the .500 football you've been playing for the last four seasons.

I've been saying for years the BYU should create a rivalry with the Church of Scientology and play for a Pitcher of Kool-Aid.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Wyoming doesn't have to create rivalries. We already have them.

Who are Wyoming's top 4 rivals?

(1) CSU

(2) Montana

(3)

(4)

58 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

So SDSU gets out of a road trip to Laramie this year to play BYU.

They should be excluded from championship game consideration if they can dump one of the hardest games on anyones MWC schedule for a game that doesn't count in the conference standings.

Are Craig Thompson's lips permanently attached to SDSU's pubes or is he sucking off BYU instead?

You're not a hard game.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

I think the game will happen but this game will get cancelled if a MWC team needs to make a game up and can't reschedule. I'm not sure why they haven't made it public but it's part of the agreement.

I'm not doubting you because you seem to know what is going on but I am not sure I understand this. HOw would that work. The other teams already have a game scheduled that week. For example lets say the UW-CSU game gets canceled early in the season. You are saying they could play SDSU in the open date to make it up but Wyoming already has BSU the last week and CSU has someone else that week as well. I am not understanding how that would work.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Who are BYU's top 4 rivals?

1. Do you still call the "Holy War" a rivalry or do you call it, "Please, Daddy, may I have another?"

2. The Church of Scientology

3. Minorities

4. Women

In the MWC, I'd say

(1) USU

(2) Boise (they cancelled a game with Wyoming to play BYU)

(3) SDSU (they cancelled a game with Wyoming to play BYU)