UNLV2001

MWC FB Schedule

@#1Stunner- The MWC will make sure one of their teams plays SDSU before BYU gets that date. There is a good chance BYU can't play the Aggies or the Aztecs. Everyone has to stay healthy. So if Hair says that date is for the highest rated MWC that needs to make up a game don't get discouraged, SDSU still has an open date with BYU waiting. All depends on Covid.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Yeah, I'm not arguing that point. I'm arguing that a 5-1 won't get in over a 7-1 team when it's based on winning percentage. I'm feeling pretty solid about my argument.

Okay.  Here's what I'm saying.  If you look at the Sagarin ratings - Wyoming and AFA are almost exactly the same (these aren't that accurate this time of year - but not important for the argument.  Using the point spreads and historical odds of winning based on a particular point spread, here are the odds for

AFA:

6-0: 14%

5-1: 35%

WYO:

8-0: 3%

7-1: 15%

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

Okay.  Here's what I'm saying.  If you look at the Sagarin ratings - Wyoming and AFA are almost exactly the same (these aren't that accurate this time of year - but not important for the argument.  Using the point spreads and historical odds of winning based on a particular point spread, here are the odds for

AFA:

6-0: 14%

5-1: 35%

WYO:

8-0: 3%

7-1: 15%

Yeah, what I'm saying is that .833333 < .875

1 hour ago, TrueAg said:

Interesting that the MWC usually tries to schedule USU vs BSU as the last week in order to decide the division but this year without division play being a factor, they have opted to let those two battle it out week 1 and instead give both of them the last week off by playing Wyo and CSU respectively. This is probably because the two will face of once again in the championship game the following week and no one wants to see the same teams play back-to-back.

Interesting that when you say "usually" you mean twice since Boise joined the conference.

Utah State has the toughest schedule in the conference IMO. And they wanna add BYU. That's rough.

Fresno State has the easiest. New Mexico, CSU, UNLV, and Sparta plus the top three teams in the Mountain are not on the schedule.

20 minutes ago, toonkee said:

First game in Allegiant.  If Reno wins...

:unsure:

Still, this season where the schedule is cut short, no divisions, playing on Nevada Day isn't a bad thing - Luck of the draw that 1st game & calendar align 

In coming years I prefer to see this as the season finale as it gives each team something to play for if the rest of the season has been a dud

Rather see a 3-8 UNLV play a 2-9 UNR last rather than see a 3-8 UNLV play a 4-7 or 7-4 (name MWC team here) in what would be a meaningless game for UNLV 

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

:unsure:

Still, this season where the schedule is cut short, no divisions, playing on Nevada Day isn't a bad thing - Luck of the draw that 1st game & calendar align 

In coming years I prefer to see this as the season finale as it gives each team something to play for if the rest of the season has been a dud

Rather see a 3-8 UNLV play a 2-9 UNR last rather than see a 3-8 UNLV play a 4-7 or 7-4 (name MWC team here) in what would be a meaningless game for UNLV 

I hope we don’t consistently have shitty records like that going forward....

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Actually it's for Utah State. I am hearing BYU and Utah State are looking at playing a game. So, if it happens it opens up a BYE for the Aggies and Aztecs. So, both teams may get a game versus the Cougars. The other team in the Mountain looking at an OOC game was Colorado State but that seems to of went out the window.

Makes since but I haven’t seen a source about USU.

2 hours ago, robe said:

Makes since but I haven’t seen a source about USU.

You won't. Just like no one heard about BYU/Boise and SDSU. I mean, I said Boise was shopping for an OOC game and you basically said I was a liar. Boise had to drop a conference game to get the one they were looking at. 

4 hours ago, Ibanez said:

You won't. Just like no one heard about BYU/Boise and SDSU. I mean, I said Boise was shopping for an OOC game and you basically said I was a liar. Boise had to drop a conference game to get the one they were looking at. 

Well SDSU isn’t official yet but the SD news outlet broke the possibility.  Thompson let it out about BSU. BYU is pretty tight lipped maybe USU is too. That would give BYU 11 I think.