Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

MWC FB Schedule

38 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

So exactly why aren't Air Force and San Diego State playing each other on the 12th of December.   As I see it Air Force is only playing ONE team from the West and that's the always awful San Jose State team.

And the consensus is the Mtn. West is run by idiots............GO FIGURE!!!

th?id=OIP.HLNIFz7tdSygid3hOCOOIAHaD4&pid

Finals Week for Air Force ........I understand but not sure I agree.  Kinda got our feet knocked out from under us by ourselves. Because of Army and finals we only play 6 MWC games. If we end up tied with someone (lets say we are undefeated and they are undefeated) but they are 8-0 and we are 6-0 who ya going to call Champions? Time will tell

..GO FALCONS..

13 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Nevada at UNLV on 10/31 Nevada Day -- Not a bad thing this year 

And we are your first opponent in the new stadium. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, ltcpilot said:

If we end up tied with someone (lets say we are undefeated and they are undefeated) but they are 8-0 and we are 6-0 who ya going to call Champions? Time will tell

Both to the championship game.  I think AFA has a pretty big advantage here - because going 5-1 is much easier than going 7-1 like the 8-game teams. 

Just now, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Except 5-1 is a lower percentage than 7-1. Did all of you Boise guys flunk math?

Except odds are their won't be more than 2 one-loss teams. 2018 and 2012 are the only time that has happened post WAC merger.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Except odds are their won't be more than 2 one-loss teams. 2018 and 2012 are the only time that has happened post WAC merger.

Yeah, I'm not arguing that point. I'm arguing that a 5-1 won't get in over a 7-1 team when it's based on winning percentage. I'm feeling pretty solid about my argument.

Just now, Ibanez said:

Well I did your mom three times at my house and twice at hers. So that's five times. Keep it in single digits and Boise guys do alright. 

Congrats I guess. Now would be a good time for you to drop one of your intellectually enlightening jokes about Wyoming's colors: poo, peee, derp.

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Yeah, I'm not arguing that point. I'm arguing that a 5-1 won't get in over a 7-1 team when it's based on winning percentage. I'm feeling pretty solid about my argument.

Okay.  Here's what I'm saying.  If you look at the Sagarin ratings - Wyoming and AFA are almost exactly the same (these aren't that accurate this time of year - but not important for the argument.  Using the point spreads and historical odds of winning based on a particular point spread, here are the odds for

AFA:

6-0: 14%

5-1: 35%

WYO:

8-0: 3%

7-1: 15%

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

Okay.  Here's what I'm saying.  If you look at the Sagarin ratings - Wyoming and AFA are almost exactly the same (these aren't that accurate this time of year - but not important for the argument.  Using the point spreads and historical odds of winning based on a particular point spread, here are the odds for

AFA:

6-0: 14%

5-1: 35%

WYO:

8-0: 3%

7-1: 15%

Yeah, what I'm saying is that .833333 < .875

1 hour ago, TrueAg said:

Interesting that the MWC usually tries to schedule USU vs BSU as the last week in order to decide the division but this year without division play being a factor, they have opted to let those two battle it out week 1 and instead give both of them the last week off by playing Wyo and CSU respectively. This is probably because the two will face of once again in the championship game the following week and no one wants to see the same teams play back-to-back.

Interesting that when you say "usually" you mean twice since Boise joined the conference.

20 minutes ago, toonkee said:

First game in Allegiant.  If Reno wins...

:unsure:

Still, this season where the schedule is cut short, no divisions, playing on Nevada Day isn't a bad thing - Luck of the draw that 1st game & calendar align 

In coming years I prefer to see this as the season finale as it gives each team something to play for if the rest of the season has been a dud

Rather see a 3-8 UNLV play a 2-9 UNR last rather than see a 3-8 UNLV play a 4-7 or 7-4 (name MWC team here) in what would be a meaningless game for UNLV 

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

:unsure:

Still, this season where the schedule is cut short, no divisions, playing on Nevada Day isn't a bad thing - Luck of the draw that 1st game & calendar align 

In coming years I prefer to see this as the season finale as it gives each team something to play for if the rest of the season has been a dud

Rather see a 3-8 UNLV play a 2-9 UNR last rather than see a 3-8 UNLV play a 4-7 or 7-4 (name MWC team here) in what would be a meaningless game for UNLV 

I hope we don’t consistently have shitty records like that going forward....

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater