Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

MWC FB Schedule

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

So Wyoming flipped home games vs. Boise, AFA, SDSU, and USU for road games vs. Hawaii, Boise, AFA, and USU. 

Seems fair.

They better have our home schedule that we were due for this season q'd up for next year.

Huh? We have home games vs Hawaii Boise and afa

1 minute ago, tspoke said:

What's the deal with the TBA for sdsu the last week? 

BYU probably. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

So exactly why aren't Air Force and San Diego State playing each other on the 12th of December.   As I see it Air Force is only playing ONE team from the West and that's the always awful San Jose State team.

And the consensus is the Mtn. West is run by idiots............GO FIGURE!!!

th?id=OIP.HLNIFz7tdSygid3hOCOOIAHaD4&pid

2020 Mountain West Football Schedule

Saturday, October 3
Navy at Air Force

Saturday, October 24
Air Force at San José State*
Hawai’i at Fresno State*
New Mexico at Colorado State*
UNLV at San Diego State*
Utah State at Boise State*
Wyoming at Nevada*

Saturday, October 31
Boise State at Air Force*
Colorado State at Fresno State*
Hawai’i at Wyoming*
Nevada at UNLV*
San José State at New Mexico*
San Diego State at Utah State*

Saturday, November 7
Air Force at Army
BYU at Boise State
Fresno State at UNLV*
New Mexico at Hawai’i*
San José State at San Diego State*
Utah State at Nevada*
Wyoming at Colorado State*

Saturday, November 14
Air Force at Wyoming*
Colorado State at Boise State*
Fresno State at Utah State*
Hawai’i at San Diego State*
Nevada at New Mexico*
UNLV at San José State*

Saturday, November 21
Boise State at Hawai’i*
New Mexico at Air Force*
San Diego State at Nevada*
San José State at Fresno State*
UNLV at Colorado State*
Utah State at Wyoming*

Saturday, November 28
Colorado State at Air Force*
Nevada at Hawai’i*
New Mexico at Utah State*
San Diego State at Fresno State*
San José State at Boise State*
Wyoming at UNLV*

Saturday, December 5
Air Force at Utah State*
Boise State at UNLV*
Colorado State at San Diego State*
Fresno State at Nevada*
Hawai’i at San José State*
Wyoming at New Mexico*

Saturday, December 12
Boise State at Wyoming*
Fresno State at New Mexico*
Nevada at San José State*
San Diego State vs TBA
UNLV at Hawai’i*
Utah State at Colorado State*

Saturday, December 19
Mountain West Championship Game+

*Mountain West game
+The Mountain West Football Championship Game will be played at the home stadium of the team with the highest win percentage in Conference games only.

All dates and times are local to site and are subject to change. All games are subject to state, county and local approvals.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Actually it's for Utah State. I am hearing BYU and Utah State are looking at playing a game. So, if it happens it opens up a BYE for the Aggies and Aztecs. So, both teams may get a game versus the Cougars. The other team on the Mountain looking at an OOC game was Colorado State but that seems to of went out the window.

Great news!

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Are we keeping divisions? Because Boise doesn't play New Mexico anymore.

No divisions this year. Championship game is between #1 and #2 in standings on the home field of #1.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Ibanez said:

Yep. BYU is paying the MWC to keep their game with Utah State if they can work it out on their end. I think the SDSU game vs BYU is set in stone regardless but it's easier for BYU to shuffle their early games than it is for the MWC to shuffle games obviously. Not saying it's a sure thing but it looks like it's setting up to happen.

Just so I'm clear, BYU might be trying to move some dates around of currently scheduled games?

I guess they could try and move a couple games to December, or play a neutral game in Las Vegas. 

Interesting that the MWC usually tries to schedule USU vs BSU as the last week in order to decide the division but this year without division play being a factor, they have opted to let those two battle it out week 1 and instead give both of them the last week off by playing Wyo and CSU respectively. This is probably because the two will face of once again in the championship game the following week and no one wants to see the same teams play back-to-back.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Yes. I wrote early games and I was gonna correct it to not cause confusion. I think the thought process is if BYU loses a date to Covid they would just slide Utah State in its place. That opens a spot for SDSU as well. That sets Boise and SDSU up for better bowl games (Strait from Hairs mouth btw) assuming one of us beats BYU. Sucks for the Aggies because their first game would be against a BYU team that has had a ton of games under their belt. But they get a nice payday out of it. Plus Hair and everyone else in the conference understand s the rivaly games matter (The Utah State/BYU and Colorado State/ Colorado games.) But Colorado thought different I guess or the PAC-12 said no.

Cool.  Makes sense, and thanks for sharing!

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

Boise @ Wyoming December 12th?? lol. The Hair hates Boise

Average is high of 33°, low of 9°, and 15 mph winds. I kind of figured it would be the last game due to the original schedule, and it being the de facto SEC-Mountain Championship.