Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

what is delaying the MW sch release?

-The MW trying to accommodate Air Force and others (maybe Boise) that are trying to play a OOC game or two?

-The tv partners. I mean with limited inventory (ie reduced payout for the year) they might be asking "what games do you want when" to the TV providers in exchange for a greater percentage of tv money. 

-Logistics? Maybe trying to minimize the potential of bad weather or games cx to COVID. idk maybe better to have teams that are close to each other play first? Maybe the schools in the colder locations host more games early on and warmer locations later on? Maybe do 6 division games first? Having mini bubbles (ie 4 teams go to certain location and stay there for three straight weeks to play the other three teams) 

-Conference championship? Maybe they have disagreement among the members (division winners or two best teams-by record) as to how to pick participants

Whatever it is not sure why it is taking so long.  

48 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

-The MW trying to accommodate Air Force and others (maybe Boise) that are trying to play a OOC game or two?

-The tv partners. I mean with limited inventory (ie reduced payout for the year) they might be asking "what games do you want when" to the TV providers in exchange for a greater percentage of tv money. 

-Logistics? Maybe trying to minimize the potential of bad weather or games cx to COVID. idk maybe better to have teams that are close to each other play first? Maybe the schools in the colder locations host more games early on and warmer locations later on? Maybe do 6 division games first? Having mini bubbles (ie 4 teams go to certain location and stay there for three straight weeks to play the other three teams) 

-Conference championship? Maybe they have disagreement among the members (division winners or two best teams-by record) as to how to pick participants

Whatever it is not sure why it is taking so long.  

As has been demonstrated in many times in every organization throughout time, almost all problems start and end up top. Hair simply ran out of fingers and toes to count the number of games he'd have to schedule. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Probably trying to avoid any SEC like drama.  With accusations of favoritism.  Schools that had favorable home schedules are probably the ones holding it up for everybody so they do not get "screwed".  

but favorable home sch are less important with limited/no fans. SJSU/Fresno/SDSU no fans, UNLV/NV 10%. Not sure about the other schools. Guessing Hawaii will have major restrictions or no fans and even the most optimistic schools probably won't go about 50% capacity. 

1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

in a word, "Hair."

Stop it with the "it's Hair" reply already! He is just a mouthpiece for the decision makers in the conference! He can only announce and argue for the decisions made by the aforementioned powers. It's just that some conference commissioners are more forceful and articulate than Hair is. If that's what you mean you. He can not overrule their combined edict, and do what he alone wants.  If he did, When the schedules come out, the games will be played on the dates. locations and times, as set by the conference members and our tv partners... not "Hair".

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

5 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Stop it with the "it's Hair" reply already! He is just a mouthpiece for the decision makers in the conference! He can only announce and argue for the decisions made by the aforementioned powers. It's just that some conference commissioners are more forceful and articulate than Hair is. If that's what you mean you. He can not overrule their combined edict, and do what he alone wants.  If he did, When the schedules come out, the games will be played on the dates. locations and times, as set by the conference members and our tv partners... not "Hair".

IMHO he should be guiding/steering/LEADING conversations and facilitating ACTION. In the years we have been in this league I have yet to witness any of the aforementioned. He reacts to adverting incentives for Boise, includes a Disingenuous YBU back into dialog about joining and continuing to schedule and only REACTS to Sister Conferences once they take initive to act.

This is a "Rudderless" Ship- Hair doesn't even quality as a "Mouthpiece."

Weak sauce at best.

5 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

IMHO he should be guiding/steering/LEADING conversations and facilitating ACTION. In the years we have been in this league I have yet to witness any of the aforementioned. He reacts to adverting incentives for Boise, includes a Disingenuous YBU back into dialog about joining and continuing to schedule and only REACTS to Sister Conferences once they take initive to act.

This is a "Rudderless" Ship- Hair doesn't even quality as a "Mouthpiece."

Weak sauce at best.

Well duh lol. I mean if the job is just to communicate what the presidents say then well ANYONE could be MW comish. Heck sign me up I would gladly take his lofty salary just to communicate the message of the presidents. 

9 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

It will be released later this week, probably tomorrow. Making sure there is a backup plan for teams that possibly can't play home games.  Air Force and Boise games are set. Air Force has two OOC games scheduled and Boise State got the extra OOC game since AF was only playing seven conference games. But in true MWC fashion, some teams aren't happy. There are still two teams wanting to schedule OOC games themselves.

Conference needs two extra games OOC to make it work mathematically.  Assuming USU and one from the West.

Screw Air Farce!  I’ll never understand why THEY get a pass. By what reason are they privileged to play two OOC games? And  apparently only 7 conf games. And, yes, this is where a CEO of a conference actually LEADS, as in makes a decision best for all, not just one. So, of course , this is typical Thompson , lack of leadership as McQuervo has explained above. Sdsu lost its premier game in hosting UCLA . And Air Farce is being accommodated! Beyond me why all you goats here think that’s just fine. Most All other conf teams have also already lost big  OOC matchups. Don’t you care that Air Farce is handled differently? If I were King Hair, I’d at least say they are ineligible for CCG. 

13 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

@mugtang are we gonna play guess the score this week with a mwc team in action?

Probably not going to start that up until the Mwc season actually starts. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Aztecfan1 said:

Screw Air Farce!  I’ll never understand why THEY get a pass. By what reason are they privileged to play two OOC games? And  apparently only 7 conf games. And, yes, this is where a CEO of a conference actually LEADS, as in makes a decision best for all, not just one. So, of course , this is typical Thompson , lack of leadership as McQuervo has explained above. Sdsu lost its premier game in hosting UCLA . And Air Farce is being accommodated! Beyond me why all you goats here think that’s just fine. Most All other conf teams have also already lost big  OOC matchups. Don’t you care that Air Farce is handled differently? If I were King Hair, I’d at least say they are ineligible for CCG. 

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

It will be released later this week, probably tomorrow. Making sure there is a backup plan for teams that possibly can't play home games.  Air Force and Boise games are set. Air Force has two OOC games scheduled and Boise State got the extra OOC game since AF was only playing seven conference games. But in true MWC fashion, some teams aren't happy. There are still two teams wanting to schedule OOC games themselves.

Let them schedule OOC games with BYU.

We'll oblige.

1 hour ago, Aztecfan1 said:

I am on the same boat.   No one school should have special exceptions above others, otherwise what's the point of being in a conference.

28 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

I am on the same boat.   No one school should have special exceptions above others, otherwise what's the point of being in a conference.

Congrats! You get it .  Seems the bronco Billy’s here are just fine with this goat conferences decision. Is Boise really going to play BYU? 

2 hours ago, Aztecfan1 said:

Somewhat agree, except AFA had OOC opponents that wanted to keep them on their schedule.  No way in hell the P12 is letting UCLA play at SDSU.  CSU lost CU, OSU, and Vanderbilt.  I'd fight like hell to keep CU for their first game in FC in forever.  It wouldn't matter, it's just as much on the opponents end as ours.  No way in hell will the P12 let CU go to The Fort and play CSU.

I couldn't give a crap who plays who.  Just as long as everyone in each division plays everyone in their division.  Tiebreakers take us to the CCG game, and look.  We actually beat the odds and got a season.