Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

UNLV screws over Season Ticket Holders

Dear Rebel Athletic Fund Members, 

Following the Governor’s announcement today we have submitted plans to host a limited number of fans in Allegiant Stadium for UNLV Football this fall. 

This opportunity is governed by strict guidelines designed to ensure the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches and you, our loyal and dedicated Rebel Athletic Fund members. The plans we have submitted are subject to approval from state and local officials.

Today’s decision also stipulates that attendance will equate to no more than 10% of Allegiant Stadium’s capacity. This restriction means that we will not be able to accommodate all who purchased season-tickets for this 2020 UNLV Football season. 

Consequently, non-premium tickets for the 2020 season will be sold on an individual game basis. If you are a current 2020 season ticket holder, we have three options to offer you designed with gratitude for your steadfast support in mind. 

Foremost, you can apply your 2020 season ticket payment to 2021 as a credit, and retain your exact same seat for the 2021 season. Secondly, you can choose to make your 2020 season ticket payment a Momentum Fund donation, and retain your exact same seat for 2021. 

You also have the option of requesting a full refund. 

Premium seating options will continue to be sold on a season-long basis (suites, VVIP Club Seats and Loge Boxes). Expect additional information on premium seating from the Rebel Athletic Fund in the coming days. Of course, please contact RAF with immediate questions or concerns at rebelathleticfund@unlv.edu or 702.895.1533. 

For now, take time to celebrate a positive step in the return of your Rebels as we initiate the Marcus Arroyo era of UNLV Football in our new home, Allegiant Stadium! Trust that your invaluable support, seen through the success of the Momentum Fund, is the source of our confidence and conviction as we approach the start of this historic season. 

Thank you for inspiring our resolve and for the countless ways you enable the success of our exceptional student-athletes. Truly, there has never been a more exciting time to Be A Rebel!

Wishing you safety, health and happiness, 

Desiree

3 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Stupid decision. Should of copied the Raiders and just decided if it couldn't take all season ticket holders then it will take none.

UNLV probably hurting for the cash more tho

Exactly.

They want me to donate thousands to the Momentum fund while they sell my front row seats to the highest bidder and let some Reno scum or Boise degenerate sit in my seats that I would have paid for for life.  I don’t want some stinky Wyoming fan sharting in my seat. I don’t want an STDSU fan celebrating front row in my stadium.  I don’t even think the reno scum should be allowed in the building.

Nobody should sit in my front row seats but me!  I paid for them and now they go to the highest bidder!  Bullshit

38 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Exactly.

They want me to donate thousands to the Momentum fund while they sell my front row seats to the highest bidder and let some Reno scum or Boise degenerate sit in my seats that I would have paid for for life.  I don’t want some stinky Wyoming fan sharting in my seat. I don’t want an STDSU fan celebrating front row in my stadium.  I don’t even think the reno scum should be allowed in the building.

Nobody should sit in my front row seats but me!  I paid for them and now they go to the highest bidder!  Bullshit

Even when the stars align and they have everything going their way with recruiting, facilities, coaching, etc ---UNLV Admin. incompetence never ceases to amaze me 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

they sell my front row seats to the highest bidder

People willing to spend money can get seats, but it is based on RAF points accumulated so past purchases will help us.

There are currently 3153 groups/individuals with RAF ranking, and you can check where you rank - link under How to view Your Total Priority Points Online on the page  https://www.rebelathleticfund.com/membership-and-benefits/raf-program-benefits/index.html

RAFpoints.PNG

3 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Foremost, you can apply your 2020 season ticket payment to 2021 as a credit, and retain your exact same seat for the 2021 season. Secondly, you can choose to make your 2020 season ticket payment a Momentum Fund donation, and retain your exact same seat for 2021. 

Originally the "retain your exact same seat for the 2021 season" wasn't part of the options.  At least they adjusted that.

Like you, I have (or had?) front row seats.  I also had increased my number of seats intending to bring more people this season and to take advantage of the "loyal fan" promotion.  We'll see what being a "loyal fan" gets us.

Come on guys...UNLV announces they have are allowed to have fans and your first reaction is to bitch? 

You don't think they wanted to to accommodate all season ticket holders? You don't think they asked for more than 10% capacity? 

You think you were going to get the exact same seat you purchased in this world of spacing out? 

This should be a cause to celebrate. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, masterfrog said:

What is the capacity of the stadium?  I didn't think UNLV had more than 6,000 season ticket holders.  

Being a season ticket holder (among 7,460 UNLV season tickets) for this season no longer matters for getting seats this season... those season tickets have been voided.

The (up to 6500) game tickets will be distributed based on RAF (Rebel Athletic Fund) seniority, which is a system dominated by people who have purchased basketball tickets over the years because of the greater cost of basketball tickets.  Each holder can claim up to 6 football seats, and if there is a demand many "mainly basketball" fans might be claiming those seats.

I'm happy about the season happening even if I don't get to go.  UNLV playing prevents the first college game in the new LV stadium from being the Axis of Evil matchup (Arizona vs BYU next summer).

I paid for front row seats and now I get to sit in the 300 level, I don’t see how anyone honestly thinks I should be happy about that???

They steal my front row seats and ship me off to Siberia.  Thanks so much UNLV, can I pay you double the price also??  Love you guys

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

I paid for front row seats and now I get to sit in the 300 level, I don’t see how anyone honestly thinks I should be happy about that???

They steal my front row seats and ship me off to Siberia.  Thanks so much UNLV, can I pay you double the price also??  Love you guys

When was the last time you even had season tickets, Robert? Why don't you just enjoy the fact that you'll get to be at brand new, state of the art, Allegiant Stadium to watch the new and improved rebels? You'll get your seats back next year..

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

When was the last time you even had season tickets, Robert? Why don't you just enjoy the fact that you'll get to be at brand new, state of the art, Allegiant Stadium to watch the new and improved rebels? You'll get your seats back next year..

Any moves should be done on a section by section basis.  In my section maybe 20 people have season tickets and I paid for six of those in the front row.  Some a$$h0le from the 50 yard line section in row 45 should not get to steal my  front row seats in my section!

If moves were done fairly on a section by section basis based on priority I would have no issues with it because I would get to keep my seats!

Moving some corporate ah0le to my front row seats while I get sent to Siberia in the upper decks is NOT acceptable.

Why go to the brand new stadium if I can’t even see the field and I have nose bleeds sitting with the riffraff.

They should redo the policy and make it fair.  Moves should be decided on a section by section basis.

14 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Dear Rebel Athletic Fund Members, 

Following the Governor’s announcement today we have submitted plans to host a limited number of fans in Allegiant Stadium for UNLV Football this fall. 

This opportunity is governed by strict guidelines designed to ensure the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches and you, our loyal and dedicated Rebel Athletic Fund members. The plans we have submitted are subject to approval from state and local officials.

Today’s decision also stipulates that attendance will equate to no more than 10% of Allegiant Stadium’s capacity. This restriction means that we will not be able to accommodate all who purchased season-tickets for this 2020 UNLV Football season. 

Consequently, non-premium tickets for the 2020 season will be sold on an individual game basis. If you are a current 2020 season ticket holder, we have three options to offer you designed with gratitude for your steadfast support in mind. 

You also have the option of requesting a full refund. 

Premium seating options will continue to be sold on a season-long basis (suites, VVIP Club Seats and Loge Boxes). Expect additional information on premium seating from the Rebel Athletic Fund in the coming days. Of course, please contact RAF with immediate questions or concerns at rebelathleticfund@unlv.edu or 702.895.1533. 

For now, take time to celebrate a positive step in the return of your Rebels as we initiate the Marcus Arroyo era of UNLV Football in our new home, Allegiant Stadium! Trust that your invaluable support, seen through the success of the Momentum Fund, is the source of our confidence and conviction as we approach the start of this historic season. 

Thank you for inspiring our resolve and for the countless ways you enable the success of our exceptional student-athletes. Truly, there has never been a more exciting time to Be A Rebel!

Wishing you safety, health and happiness, 

Desiree

Pretty much the way a lot of schools are handling it.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

5 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

It doesn't sound like you have to pay for anything this year.

And how is this any different than what's going to happen all over the conference?

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

It doesn't sound like you have to pay for anything this year.

And how is this any different than what's going to happen all over the conference?

I already paid long ago.  Now they are going to sell my seats to some corporate scum who will resell my seats to Reno dipshits.   UNLV wants me to donate the money I gave them months ago to the momentum fund or use it for next years tickets or give me a refund, only to have me rebuy tickets up in the balcony where I can’t even see the game or I can go on the resale market and pay 4X the amount to get my original seats that I already paid for!!!  FU

12 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I already paid long ago.  Now they are going to sell my seats to some corporate scum who will resell my seats to Reno dipshits.   UNLV wants me to donate the money I gave them months ago to the momentum fund or use it for next years tickets or give me a refund, only to have me rebuy tickets up in the balcony where I can’t even see the game or I can go on the resale market and pay 4X the amount to get my original seats that I already paid for!!!  FU

image.jpeg.bb6f83a8ac3f4fdb581e29b075033208.jpeg

Cry me a river...we're all in the same boat dickhead.