Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

How often does this board make you laugh?

Every thread has something incredibly humorous within it. That's half the reason I'm here.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

During football season this is my favorite board to come to. I love reading the game threads and the "week in gifs" thread. There are some parts of the off topic board that I ignore, but most of it is in good sport and I enjoy the jokes and insane arguments. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

The massive politics.com board or whatever exactly is its name that I sometimes venture into almost never makes me laugh. Can't be because participants aren't smart enough to be humorous but because the regulars are motivated almost solely by hate. Some think this place gets nasty but that board is just grueling. I sense the problem might be that although they suspend people at times, they never ban anyone so BlueRules types just keep going and coming back ad nauseum.

Props to mug for how he runs this place.

Just now, 818SUDSFan said:

The massive politics.com board or whatever exactly is its name that I sometimes venture into almost never makes me laugh. Can't be because participants aren't smart enough to be humorous but because the regulars are motivated almost solely by hate. Some think this place gets nasty but that board is just grueling. I sense the problem might be that although they suspend people at times, they never ban anyone so BlueRules types just keep going and coming back ad nauseum.

I would rather have my eyes stabbed out by rabid angry monkeys than go to any forum like that. This place still keeps me laughing 

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I actually laugh several times a day.  And not in a "I am laughing at you" type of way.  The inside jokes, the board memes.  It's what keeps me coming back.

We should compile all the inside jokes in one place for posterity sake. I don't know if there's a file big enough to store all of them, but we can give it a whirl. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

47 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

My grown up daughter was reading from one of the threads on the road to Disneyland one time and I had to pull over to the side of the 5 we were laughing so hard. #goodtimes

Walt Disney was a Satanist though.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I actually laugh several times a day.  And not in a "I am laughing at you" type of way.  The inside jokes, the board memes.  It's what keeps me coming back.

How many times a day do I laugh here? Well, that depends on how many times a day you post. 🤠👍

Just kidding, sort of. There’s some good wit here for sure. There’s also a lot of people laughing at things that have been used 1,000 times and people laugh like it’s the first time they’ve ever heard it. I don’t know what’s up with that. Maybe it’s just as you get older, you’ve heard the same kind of jokes for so long compared to a younger chap. 

kat.jpg

The weekly football gifs were my favorite thing in the world. The funniest one for me I can remember was when USU curbstomped BYU a few years ago and a Ute fan posted  something like
"Ute fans watching the USU BYU game"

creepybushguy.gif

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg