Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Boise State down to only 3 scholarship running backs now

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Holani looked really good during Boise's rapin  win against USU last year. Could not stop that dude. He looked like a protypical Boise NFL RB. Maybe this is penance for running the other Idahoan RB you had on your roster out of town? #MakeBoiseRBsIdahoanagain

George will likely keep the tradition of 3 year RB's alive at Boise and leave early for the NFL after his Junior year.  I expect him to be a mid round pick (3-rd to 5th).  His body is a lot more developed this year, nearly 15 pounds heavier and early reports that he looks a little more explosive as well.  He needs to work on being a three down back like the line of Boise NFL RB's before him.  Pass blocking being the biggest concern.  The added strength this year and a year more in the system should really help.  No true freshmen RB's are ever good pass blockers, no matter how talented.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Sean Chambers. He's like 10-3 as a starter. Or Levi Williams who might beat him out. I forgot who the broncos have. Some frail half-Chinese guy

Well, he has only played in 12 games, not 13.   His QB rating was 120 last year and he only completed 43% of his passes.  As a passing QB he is one of the worst in the MWC.  He is a talented runner, though and that makes up for a lot.  

Hank as a True Freshmen had a QB rating 23 points higher and completed 20% more of his passes.  They both played in 8 games, Hank had over 1000 more passing yards.  One QB has arm talent, the other does not.  One QB is a better scrambler.  Hank has a clear edge.  Then for depth Jack Sears and Cord are far better than Wyoming's back ups.  

Holani is a more talented RB than Valladay.  He had a higher YPC, more rushing TD's, more receiving yards and more receiving TD's than did your sophomore who is two years older.  He just had 7 carries a game less or his stats would have easily exceeded Valladay's. 

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

Holani may be a bit better than Valladay, but I'd take Jimmy Smith's kid and Titus Swen over as #2 and #3 backs over Boise's

Maybe.  When it comes to the backups it is hard to say how much they will figure in.  I expect both Valladay and Holani to be feature backs getting 20 carries a game or so.  With chambers taking away snaps for Swen and Smith and with Mahone gone, I would be stunned of Andrew Van Buren (former 24/7 4 star recruit)  does not have more yards and TD's than either of your back ups.  AVB is a short yardage back, and a good compliment to Holani, he is huge and powerful.  Due to the types of plays he was in for, short yardage downs, he had a lower YPC.  But he is very talented.

13 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

FIFY - before the knee injury, like Chase Cord.

Damn, always makes me think of DJ Harper.  The RB so talented we moved Doug Freaking Martin to Nickle.  He was the fastest player on the team and was reportedly clocked at 4.31 in a winter month (anybody who knows anything about times and track speed knows winter times are always slower for fall and spring athletes.)  Had he not had those injuries, he goes on to play in the NFL.  After his injuries lost about two steps.  He was still fast by college RB standards, but no longer had elite NFL speed.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

At least he did not say Oriental.

The fact that he thinks that all Asians are Chinese is just as bad. My ex-wife is Filipino and she went to high school in downtown LA and she said that all the Mexican kids used to call her “china” (pronounced cheena) because they couldn’t fathom that there are Asians other than Chinese people.

Your season is done. Pray COVID saves you from your upcoming humiliations.

Quit football

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

16 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Holani looked really good during Boise's rapin  win against USU last year. Could not stop that dude. He looked like a protypical Boise NFL RB. Maybe this is penance for running the other Idahoan RB you had on your roster out of town? #MakeBoiseRBsIdahoanagain

I have no idea - at all - who you are referring to here but that's not at all unusual about the nonsense that you post here.

After looking at other responses to your lunacy here in this thread it's clear you are idiotically referring to the kid from the VERY small school in Eastern Idaho (Declo population in 2010 was a whopping 343 people) who CHOSE ON HIS OWN to enter the transfer portal because it became clear to him that they wanted him to switch to linebacker.  So he chose to transfer to Utah State - WHERE HE IS NOW A LINEBACKER.  

But in your wacko little world that's being "run out of town."  In other words - according to you - ANYONE who enters the transfer portal is being "run out of town".  BRILLIANT!!!!

BRILLIANT !!!! | Make a Meme

1 hour ago, Bronco7454 said:

I have no idea - at all - who you are referring to here but that's not at all unusual about the nonsense that you post here.

After looking at other responses to your lunacy here in this thread it's clear you are idiotically referring to the kid from the VERY small school in Eastern Idaho (Declo population in 2010 was a whopping 343 people) who CHOSE ON HIS OWN to enter the transfer portal because it became clear to him that they wanted him to switch to linebacker.  So he chose to transfer to Utah State - WHERE HE IS NOW A LINEBACKER.  

But in your wacko little world that's being "run out of town."  In other words - according to you - ANYONE who enters the transfer portal is being "run out of town".  BRILLIANT!!!!

BRILLIANT !!!! | Make a Meme

Since you're relatively new here, I'll give you a break. Try not to take everything you read here so seriously and have a bit of fun. Take the lead from your fellow Broncos and learn to read a little hyperbole/sarcasm. Your fellow Broncos: @bsu_alum9 @halfmanhalfbronco @BSUTOP25 and @kingpotatocan teach you. I've been joking about Keegan Duncan for over a year and everyone but you knew via my outrageous writing style I was joking. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

23 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Nah - Bolt plays too straight up and down and is too light to play RB (or TE) this year.

How about Tyler Crowe instead (He carried the ball 238 times for 1,830 yards and 24 touchdown as a senior for Nampa and also had 41 catches for 495 more yards and a touchdown, while adding 69 tackles on defense.) He's now a R-FR WLB but already a stout 5'-11", 222 lbs.

If you actually believe that then CLEARLY you've never seen Bolt play football.    Regardless Boise State is going to need more than 3 scholarship running backs this season - even if it is just an 8 or 9 game season.  I would hate to see what happens if the top two Boise State RB's go down with an injury.

20 hours ago, Wyoguns said:

I can’t wait to play Boyze!  I think our line will be better than yours.  Defense spooks me as we are unproven however.  I think we’ll put up some points but may give up a bunch too.  Hard to say but it’ll be a good game I think.

Spot on- Wyo is going to be solid. Boise, well they pump their chest alot.

1 hour ago, Wyoguns said:

We’ll see.  I sincerely  hope we have a say in that!

@Bob is really hyping up Air Force this year. Maybe it’s because his precious Falcons don’t have one of them damn half-breed Chinamen playin QB. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg