Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Trump gets one right. KKK now designated a terrorist organization. Half a Trillion to black communities. Juneteenth new national Holiday.

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh it is pandering to a great degree.  However this is all good stuff.  Right?

He’s already put $20 billion into the worst neighborhoods per Opportunity Zones, so what’s another $500 billion. LOL. 

I better not hear Dems complaining about pandering. Holy crap, the Dem primaries was all about who could out-do each other in giving away free stuff. They had that one debate run by Univision and the focus was Mexican immigrants, and it was way over the top on free free free free “We’ll give you better benefits than our poor US citizens.”

kat.jpg

8 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

He’s already put $20 billion into the worst neighborhoods per Opportunity Zones, so what’s another $500 billion. LOL. 

I better not hear Dems complaining about pandering. Holy crap, the Dem primaries was all about who could out-do each other in giving away free stuff. They had that one debate run by Univision and the focus was Mexican immigrants, and it was way over the top on free free free free “We’ll give you better benefits than our poor US citizens.”

Show your proof on the benefit of these opportunity zones thus far.  Use actual sources, not MSM's or propaganda sites.  If you can, show the difference between the OZ's and the other targeted implementations.  I am honestly curious to see the success of these.  Your promotion of this makes me optimistic. 

4 hours ago, Danimaji said:

Does anyone really think many African Americans will believe this? Trump isn't exactly well trusted

He’s been very reliable on ALL of his campaign promises. That’s part of why he’s so popular on the right because he makes campaign promises and actually gets them done, or close to it. Some things are out of his control on the timing. Everything he’s promised to Hispanics and Blacks he’s done.

☑️ Criminal Justice Reform
☑️ Low Unemployment for Blacks
☑️ Low Unemployment for Hispanics 
☑️ Permanent Funding to HBUC’s
☑️ Streamlined & Less Complicated Application Process to Get Into HBUC’s
☑️ $20 Billion Invested Into Opportunity Zones in Most Troubled Neighborhoods

kat.jpg

44 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Show your proof on the benefit of these opportunity zones thus far.  Use actual sources, not MSM's or propaganda sites.  If you can, show the difference between the OZ's and the other targeted implementations.  I am honestly curious to see the success of these.  Your promotion of this makes me optimistic. 

Just do a quick search on DuckDuckGo or Yahoo and it should show up. One of the reasons he’s picked up support from a lot of local community leaders is because it is working. MLK’s niece supports Trump because of this stuff, the most anti-GOP black civil rights attorney, Leo Terrell, supports Trump because of this and his law & order mindset because he’s tired of the rioting and looting. 

One of the sad things is some of the construction for big companies coming into Opportunity Zones has been burned down in the rioting. The Dems that don’t like him getting credit for this great idea say that it’s just a tax break to rich companies which is really a ridiculous way to look at it. That’s rich, because those Dems have had decades to get things going in these bad neighborhoods and they haven’t gotten anything done. Some of the anti-Trump MSM types including MSLSD quality analysis have done stories on them, and they’ll look for any reason to bash what’s going on. For example, NBC News was ripping on the program because it hasn’t turned into big numbers of black jobs and calling it a failure. The truth is that most of the black jobs come at the end of the process after the work and construction is done. It’s not easy for a quick turnaround. Companies still want to analyze the area in the OZ’s and get the best locations before they start any construction. 

Here’s the gov website:
https://opportunityzones.hud.gov

Here’s some OZ news in LA:
https://therealdeal.com/la/2020/09/24/opportunity-zones-developer-files-for-south-la-resi-project/

https://www.novoco.com/periodicals/articles/opportunity-zones-incentive-sees-early-success-investment-accelerating

https://eig.org/opportunityzones/facts-and-figures

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/bipartisan-success-of-opportunity-zones-gives-trump-an-edge

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Just do a quick search on DuckDuckGo or Yahoo and it should show up. One of the reasons he’s picked up support from a lot of local community leaders is because it is working. MLK’s niece supports Trump because of this stuff, the most anti-GOP black civil rights attorney, Leo Terrell, supports Trump because of this and his law & order mindset because he’s tired of the rioting and looting. 

One of the sad things is some of the construction for big companies coming into Opportunity Zones has been burned down in the rioting. The Dems that don’t like him getting credit for this great idea say that it’s just a tax break to rich companies which is really a ridiculous way to look at it. That’s rich, because those Dems have had decades to get things going in these bad neighborhoods and they haven’t gotten anything done. Some of the anti-Trump MSM types including MSLSD quality analysis have done stories on them, and they’ll look for any reason to bash what’s going on. For example, NBC News was ripping on the program because it hasn’t turned into big numbers of black jobs and calling it a failure. The truth is that most of the black jobs come at the end of the process after the work and construction is done. It’s not easy for a quick turnaround. Companies still want to analyze the area in the OZ’s and get the best locations before they start any construction. 

Here’s the gov website:
https://opportunityzones.hud.gov

Here’s some OZ news in LA:
https://therealdeal.com/la/2020/09/24/opportunity-zones-developer-files-for-south-la-resi-project/

https://www.novoco.com/periodicals/articles/opportunity-zones-incentive-sees-early-success-investment-accelerating

https://eig.org/opportunityzones/facts-and-figures

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/bipartisan-success-of-opportunity-zones-gives-trump-an-edge

One thing I do not see, and you can correct me here, is no protection of existing residents and business owners. Is there no requirement for some affordable housing, like LIHTC has, or respecting historical neighborhoods, like a NHTC, or a requirement to hire community members, like a NMTC?  Are the opportunity zones going to turn each of these pockets into mini-Los Angeles's where foreigners and wealthy buy it up, kick everyone out and redevelop?  I am asking if this is better than putting more into LIHTC, NMTC, small business assistance, and other underfunded existing incentives that have shown some success.  None of those linjs discuss that.  It's great to have investment, but if you just price everyone out, did it really help?  Gentrification isn't bad, but over-gentrification brought on by government misses the point and is government-funded oppression.  We need to insure we don't reach that point.  Does the OZ's have requirements to ensure that doesn't happen like the aforementioned do?

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-plan-for-black-america?fbclid=IwAR00Z99cO3VOiCV0l01JXU9H1NyUbJ1ufcMrRht_YbEwZQJeogi5VnlCFmM

I am sure it was done for politically motivated reasons but this is +++++ing litty titty!

Hey now. Making grandiose and ultimately hollow promises to black people is the Democrats territory. He’s stealing their move! 

Jokes aside. I think it’s great if he actually follows through. But  looking at health care, infrastructure, or anything else that takes the slightest bit of effort to pass legislation, we should be honest about the likelihood of that happening.

30 minutes ago, PackNation said:

Oops...looks like you fell asleep at the keyboard again.

More coherent than usual though. 

I don't want to tick off our friendly neighbor, mug.  I am sure this an accident due to the board update that makes us quote our post when we think we are editing a post.  I've done it, and looking at the DP and NM posts, I am not alone.

7 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If Biden promised this same thing, would this be any different?  How about Jorgensen?

I am quite sure narratives would be a whole lot different on this thread, sans @halfmanhalfbronco who I do believe the messenger wouldn't matter.

I do think there is some truth to what @halfmanhalfbroncois saying, that at the very least it can move the conversation forward. Let’s be honest, if Biden proposed the same thing it would instantly be mocked as a giveaway and immediately dismissed. Perhaps by Trump bringing it up it can open minds that would ordinarily be closed to such an idea. Or at least motivate some to own the libs by stealing their issue.

That said, unless there is a serious effort to make good on the promise, it will just be forgotten in the dustbin of unfulfilled campaign promises.

16 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Hey now. Making grandiose and ultimately hollow promises to black people is the Democrats territory. He’s stealing their move! 

Jokes aside. I think it’s great if he actually follows through. But  looking at health care, infrastructure, or anything else that takes the slightest bit of effort to pass legislation, we should be honest about the likelihood of that happening.

This made me smile this morning.

6 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I do think there is some truth to what @halfmanhalfbroncois saying, that at the very least it can move the conversation forward. Let’s be honest, if Biden proposed the same thing it would instantly be mocked as a giveaway and immediately dismissed. Perhaps by Trump bringing it up it can open minds that would ordinarily be closed to such an idea. Or at least motivate some to own the libs by stealing their issue.

That said, unless there is a serious effort to make good on the promise, it will just be forgotten in the dustbin of unfulfilled campaign promises.

Are we really getting to the point where the way to own the other party is to...outdo them on their own positions?  Republicans buying black votes, democrats stumping for free trade.  +++++ing wackadoodle 

1 hour ago, PackNation said:

Oops...looks like you fell asleep at the keyboard again.

More coherent than usual though. 

Cha-Ching!!!! 🤑🤑 No, actually I made some bets that I could bait you with absolutely nothing, no text. Not only did I bait your sorry ass, I double baited you...a double play to end the inning. 🤪😝 The scope of the bet was if I could bait you with no text. There was no mention of a double play payout. 😂😂😂😝😝 I shouldn’t get greedy....I didn’t have to do anything to win. You did all the work...you’re such a clueless sucker. 🤪🤪🤪🤪😂😂👍

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I don't want to tick off our friendly neighbor, mug.  I am sure this an accident due to the board update that makes us quote our post when we think we are editing a post.  I've done it, and looking at the DP and NM posts, I am not alone.

Oh absolutely.  But....it's contard.

It's always fun to see how little it takes to set him off.

36 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Cha-Ching!!!! 🤑🤑 No, actually I made some bets that I could bait you with absolutely nothing, no text. Not only did I bait your sorry ass, I double baited you...a double play to end the inning. 🤪😝 The scope of the bet was if I could bait you with no text. There was no mention of a double play payout. 😂😂😂😝😝 I shouldn’t get greedy....I didn’t have to do anything to win. You did all the work...you’re such a clueless sucker. 🤪🤪🤪🤪😂😂👍

That's a lot of babble for someone who doesn't care. Way. Too. Easy.

Do you have a link to these bets? 🤯🤯🤯😡😬😾😾😾🙈👍👍😈🤡🍺

How was my convert emoji-speak?

3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

One thing I do not see, and you can correct me here, is no protection of existing residents and business owners. Is there no requirement for some affordable housing, like LIHTC has, or respecting historical neighborhoods, like a NHTC, or a requirement to hire community members, like a NMTC?  Are the opportunity zones going to turn each of these pockets into mini-Los Angeles's where foreigners and wealthy buy it up, kick everyone out and redevelop?  I am asking if this is better than putting more into LIHTC, NMTC, small business assistance, and other underfunded existing incentives that have shown some success.  None of those linjs discuss that.  It's great to have investment, but if you just price everyone out, did it really help?  Gentrification isn't bad, but over-gentrification brought on by government misses the point and is government-funded oppression.  We need to insure we don't reach that point.  Does the OZ's have requirements to ensure that doesn't happen like the aforementioned do?

So... Gentrification Zones then? :hmmm:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

So... Gentrification Zones then? :hmmm:

Gentrification is not entirely bad.  There is a threshold on it it though.  I don't see where this teyies to curb it.  The opportunity looks like it is aimed at investors, and the folks in the community MAY (not a certainty) get the boot.  I am jus curious to see if there is evidence this is more beneficial than increasing the market for credits with the existing incentives that DC keeps trying to take away.