Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Fox and Tucky get a lawsuit dismissed...

... by arguing that nobody should take him seriously. 

:lol:

A federal judge on Wednesday dismissed a lawsuit against Fox News after lawyers for the network argued that no "reasonable viewer" takes the primetime host Tucker Carlson seriously, a new court filing said.

The case was brought by the former Playboy model Karen McDougal, who said Carlson defamed her on his show, "Tucker Carlson Tonight," by saying she extorted President Donald Trump "out of approximately $150,000 in exchange for her silence about an alleged affair," the filing said.

Fox News asked the judge to toss out McDougal's case by arguing that "Carlson's statements were not statements of fact and that she failed adequately to allege actual malice."

--------

But Fox News argued that Carlson "cannot be understood to have been stating facts, but instead that he was delivering an opinion using hyperbole for effect," the ruling said.

It added that Fox News "submits that the use of that word or an accusation of extortion, absent more, is simply 'loose, figurative, or hyperbolic language' that does not give rise to a defamation claim."

US District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil agreed with Fox's premise, adding that the network "persuasively argues" that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."

"This 'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary,'" the ruling said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

:rotflmfao:

Hey, if you have a liberal judge that doesn’t like Fox or Carlson, why not use their bias to win a lawsuit? Pretty smart actually. Now imagine if someone sued MSLSD or CNN for defamation, they would rather lose millions than admit that their hosts are full of shit. And with shit ratings, it’s no wonder either make any money. 

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Hey, if you have a liberal judge that doesn’t like Fox or Carlson, why not use their bias to win a lawsuit? Pretty smart actually. Now imagine if someone sued MSLSD or CNN for defamation, they would rather lose millions than admit that their hosts are full of shit. And with shit ratings, it’s no wonder either make any money. 

Yes, we get it, everything that your heroes do are masterful genius moves that nobody else could ever conceive of. 

30 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yes, we get it, everything that your heroes do are masterful genius moves that nobody else could ever conceive of. 

Why are you always wrong? Your obsession with being wrong rivals your hate for Trump. And it’s definitely related and TDS-Q inspired. And before you start saying Trump is always wrong, scoreboard, look at who won the presidency. Look at who you let control so much of your thought and life. 

Fox clearly knows what they’re doing in running a network. CNN and MSLSD are run by like minded people like you that let emotion determine their course of action on just about everything, and surprise, surprise, they suck very much and very badly. Congrats on another loss. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It ain't called Faux News for nothing.  :shrug:

It’s really sweet the way some on the left are willing to be honest about their irrational hate for Fox and giving the reader a heads up about it.  Referring to Fox as Faux let’s the reader know that their lies and false statements about Fox exist. Very thoughtful and honest, actually. 

It’s funny how so many people that bash Fox don’t watch it to have any idea what they’re talking about. Yet their ratings are through the roof which includes a lot of Dems.  And you don’t hear those regular watching Dems belly aching about it. 😂😂😂😂

kat.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

It’s funny how so many people that bash Fox don’t watch it to have any idea what they’re talking about. Yet their ratings are through the roof which includes a lot of Dems.  And you don’t hear those regular watching Dems belly aching about it. 😂😂😂😂

Your right about Fox's ratings. Which makes me smile when people bitch about MSM. Fox is, according to the ratings , the MSM poster child. For anyone to base their perspective on politics or what's happening in the world soley based on talking heads from Fox,CNN, MCNBC or any other outlet that is profit based are idiots.

21 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Your right about Fox's ratings. Which makes me smile when people bitch about MSM. Fox is, according to the ratings , the MSM poster child. For anyone to base their perspective on politics or what's happening in the world soley based on talking heads from Fox,CNN, MCNBC or any other outlet that is profit based are idiots.

There’s so much wrong in that post there’s no time to cover it, but I’ll make one point. Declaring who the MSM is is all about the vast number of networks and publications that have a left bias. Fox gets great ratings for a cable channel, but compared to how big all the other media is out there, Fox is still very small.  The part where you said that outlets that are profit based are illegitimate and people are idiots for getting news from them. That really made me chuckle. Why don’t you tell me all about the great outlets out there that don’t make any money, and NPR and PBS don’t count because they’re on the gov tit. There aren’t any! What a super silly thing to say and it kinda makes you a hypocrite because you definitely get your news from profit based outlets or you wouldn’t know anything. 

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

There’s so much wrong in that post there’s no time to cover it, but I’ll make one point. Declaring who the MSM is is all about the vast number of networks and publications that have a left bias. Fox gets great ratings for a cable channel, but compared to how big all the other media is out there, Fox is still very small.  The part where you said that outlets that are profit based are illegitimate and people are idiots for getting news from them. That really made me chuckle. Why don’t you tell me all about the great outlets out there that don’t make any money, and NPR and PBS don’t count because they’re on the gov tit. There isn’t any! What a super silly thing to say. 

This is your MO in a nutshell.  You are too lazy to refute with fact anything that challenges what you have deemed "fact" without doing the work investigating the counter opinion claim.  There is a reason behind your stellar reputation around here, and it is my sincere hope that you take a look in that mirror, mirror on the wall and it tells you that you aren't as "fair" as you think you are.

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

There’s so much wrong in that post there’s no time to cover it, but I’ll make one point. Declaring who the MSM is is all about the vast number of networks and publications that have a left bias. Fox gets great ratings for a cable channel, but compared to how big all the other media is out there, Fox is still very small.  The part where you said that outlets that are profit based are illegitimate and people are idiots for getting news from them. That really made me chuckle. Why don’t you tell me all about the great outlets out there that don’t make any money, and NPR and PBS don’t count because they’re on the gov tit. There isn’t any! What a super silly thing to say. 

Disagree. If Fox's viewership didn't matter you wouldn't brag about it. Cable network news is the ' go to' for most people who choose to wallow on  one side or the other. 

47 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Why are you always wrong? Your obsession with being wrong rivals your hate for Trump. And it’s definitely related and TDS-Q inspired. And before you start saying Trump is always wrong, scoreboard, look at who won the presidency. Look at who you let control so much of your thought and life. 

Fox clearly knows what they’re doing in running a network. CNN and MSLSD are run by like minded people like you that let emotion determine their course of action on just about everything, and surprise, surprise, they suck very much and very badly. Congrats on another loss. 

I'm confused as to what I'm "wrong" about on this one. You love Fox and hero worship their hosts. 

I don't watch cable news, and feel as though I'm far better off for that decision.

Also, what is this "TDS-Q" stuff? Did you make something else up to feel special?

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

That winning feeling. Hold onto it.

ftw win GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It’s really sweet the way some on the left are willing to be honest about their irrational hate for Fox and giving the reader a heads up about it.  Referring to Fox as Faux let’s the reader know that their lies and false statements about Fox exist. Very thoughtful and honest, actually. 

Faux News

Faux News 

Faux News

Faux News

Faux News

Faux News

Faux News

Fix News wins a defamation suit by saying nobody believes Tucker Carlson.

Yet, you and the millions of Faux News viewers certainly do.

Yet, you can't see the irony and humor in it.

Faux News

Faux News

Faux News

:thumbsup:

:rotflmfao:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Your TDS is becoming dangerous,  and I pray for your mental health.  

6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Your TDS is becoming dangerous,  and I pray for your mental health.  

I guess if you think sitting around his underground bunker in Kanas eating Fruit Loops straight out of the box while daydreaming of wearing Trump's skin makes contard crazy...then he's certifiable. 

9 hours ago, PackNation said:

I guess if you think sitting around his underground bunker in Kanas eating Fruit Loops straight out of the box while daydreaming of wearing Trump's skin makes contard crazy...then he's certifiable. 

I hate to say it but Convert is sane compared to the Trumpers around me.

16 hours ago, PackNation said:

Convert plays you and Retro like a Strativarius. What’s funny is you guys don’t even recognize it.