Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Transfer Portal 2020-21

I would assume this leaves injury plagued 6th year Evan Tyler and true sophomore JL Skinner as the projected starters. True freshman Semaj Verner will make a big impact.  I don't really understand how Happle will transfer during this pandemic. He's a R-Sr so he only has this year of eligibility left.

9 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I would assume this leaves injury plagued 6th year Evan Tyler and true sophomore JL Skinner as the projected starters. True freshman Semaj Verner will make a big impact.  I don't really understand how Happle will transfer during this pandemic. He's a R-Sr so he only has this year of eligibility left.

Everyone is getting an extra free year this year, remember.

On 9/24/2020 at 12:53 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Tyrique Jones and Skinner. That's a lot of length back there

Just now, kingpotato said:

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Tyrique Jones and Skinner. That's a lot of length back there

Evan Tyler started the first three games of 2016 (on the depth charts he was listed as an OR with then senior and future NFL safety Chancellor James) as a redshirt-freshman before a season ending knee injury.  Then the very next season, he had a season ending knee injury during fall camp.  Played sparingly in 2018 and 2019 seasons.  I hope that somehow he gets back to that 2016 form.  Would be a hell of a comeback story.  With this season's eligibility forgiveness, he could potentially come back for a 7th season in 2021.  Wonder how close he is to a Ph.D.  

29 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Boise fans how is this kid?  He just had a few SDSU coaches following him on Twitter...

Well liked by players. Would have provided depth this year at DE but never got opportunity to play. Transferred before start of rescheduled season.

Thus far we've lost a few backup/rotational guys to the portal...WR Chris Coleman, RB Saevion Johnson, QB Ben Wooldridge, and the Fuller Brothers at K and P.

Only one that concerns me is the punter, but we'll find a guy in the offseason.

Coleman is a talented WR but we have a logjam at that position and he could barely get on the field.  Johnson barely ever got carries, and obv Wooldridge lost the QB job to Haener.   Decent QB but his arm is eh.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:55 AM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Thus far we've lost a few backup/rotational guys to the portal...WR Chris Coleman, RB Saevion Johnson, QB Ben Wooldridge, and the Fuller Brothers at K and P.

Only one that concerns me is the punter, but we'll find a guy in the offseason.

Coleman is a talented WR but we have a logjam at that position and he could barely get on the field.  Johnson barely ever got carries, and obv Wooldridge lost the QB job to Haener.   Decent QB but his arm is eh.

What does that have to do with the TRANSFER PORTAL?  Asking because THAT is what this thread is about.

4 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

What does that have to do with the TRANSFER PORTAL?  Asking because THAT is what this thread is about.

?

I listed the guys Fresno has lost to the transfer portal.

One last one: Freshman DE Colby Warkentin.  Didn't see the field this year...good frame, good athlete, probably could have been a starter in 2-3 years.