Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

poor University of Houston

Clearly, the AAC's protocol for testing all players twice per week with at least one test within 72-hours prior to competition is not sufficent.

I think the B1G's proposed testing plan is on the right track with conducting daily rapid tests for all athletes, coaches and staff.  Anyone testing positive is not cleared to participate in ANY team related activity to include classes, meals and lodging until subsequent testing results show the initial to be a false positive or the infection has cleared after a period of time.

57 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Tip of the iceberg. We’re going to see a lot more cancellations as more teams start playing. The only thing that will be accomplished this year is keeping most athletes in reasonable condition. 

Completely predictable.  This isn't the NFL or NBA.  Now imagine schools with a fraction of the resources that P5 schools have trying to play say 7 times in 8 weeks.  Highly unlikely.  

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Tip of the iceberg. We’re going to see a lot more cancellations as more teams start playing. The only thing that will be accomplished this year is keeping most athletes in reasonable condition. 

I have to agree with this take, Houston will not be the only school to have multiple cancelations IMO.  BYU already has one probable cancelation and more than likely with have more.  All those people that were complaining about not starting FB in September had tunnel vision IMO.  Unless people take this virus serious and quit thinking that it will just go away are delusional, again, just my opinion.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Clearly, the AAC's protocol for testing all players twice per week with at least one test within 72-hours prior to competition is not sufficent.

I think the B1G's proposed testing plan is on the right track with conducting daily rapid tests for all athletes, coaches and staff.  Anyone testing positive is not cleared to participate in ANY team related activity to include classes, meals and lodging until subsequent testing results show the initial to be a false positive or the infection has cleared after a period of time.

Except it hasnt been the AAC schools with the issues in many cases.  For Houston, it was Baylor and North Texas.  For SMU, it was TCU.  For Tulsa, it was Arkansas State.  

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I think it is the opponent's though, not UH.  

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Except it hasnt been the AAC schools with the issues in many cases.  For Houston, it was Baylor and North Texas.  For SMU, it was TCU.  For Tulsa, it was Arkansas State.  

My bad, that's what I get for speed reading articles on my phone.

Lols.  Corona Virus 5  Coogs 0.   Baylor canceled 22 hours before the game last week (hmmmm..XII testing not with it or just a 'trap' game ditch effort before hosting formidable Kansas this week in Waco). 

It is what it is at this point.  Unlike Navy (see BYU debacle) we're getting a ton of practice done in whatever forms are allowed.  Maybe we'll play folks in jerseys not named Houston this year afterall...we shall see. 

The covid boneyard: Washington State, Rice, Memphis, Baylor, North Texas..none of which canceled by Coogs. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 9/23/2020 at 2:31 PM, Hoser said:

I have to agree with this take, Houston will not be the only school to have multiple cancelations IMO.  BYU already has one probable cancelation and more than likely with have more.  All those people that were complaining about not starting FB in September had tunnel vision IMO.  Unless people take this virus serious and quit thinking that it will just go away are delusional, again, just my opinion.

I know I sound like a broken record on this, but if we had started the end of August with a modified schedule, we would have allowed enough time for rescheduling as opposed to cancelling.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:31 PM, Hoser said:

Unless people take this virus serious and quit thinking that it will just go away are delusional, again, just my opinion.

It is like the flu.  It will magically disappear by April.  Don't worry.  Tremendous 

19 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I know I sound like a broken record on this, but if we had started the end of August with a modified schedule, we would have allowed enough time for rescheduling as opposed to cancelling.

Or with daily rapid testing now available we will avoid the mess that Houston, and others who started early find themselves in.  My guess is the MWC teams will get in more games than many those who started early.

7 hours ago, Billings said:

Or with daily rapid testing now available we will avoid the mess that Houston, and others who started early find themselves in.  My guess is the MWC teams will get in more games than many those who started early.

I highly doubt that but we will see

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 9/24/2020 at 6:24 AM, Coog kev said:

Lols.  Corona Virus 5  Coogs 0.   Baylor canceled 22 hours before the game last week (hmmmm..XII testing not with it or just a 'trap' game ditch effort before hosting formidable Kansas this week in Waco). 

It is what it is at this point.  Unlike Navy (see BYU debacle) we're getting a ton of practice done in whatever forms are allowed.  Maybe we'll play folks in jerseys not named Houston this year afterall...we shall see. 

The covid boneyard: Washington State, Rice, Memphis, Baylor, North Texas..none of which canceled by Coogs. 

Good grief I suspect our game will get canceled as well.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

19 hours ago, slappy said:

It is like the flu.  It will magically disappear by April.  Don't worry.  Tremendous 

THIS JUST IN:

“In our country, we only have, basically, 12 cases and most of those people are recovering and some cases fully recovered. So it’s actually less.”