Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrediggerPoke

Josh Allen - 417 yards, 4 TDS, O INTs

Wyoming has more players in the NFL than all the other MWC teams or BYU, so BSU/USU/BYU fans need to hit the mute button on conversations about college players in the NFL.

Allen has always been a superior athlete. Now he's getting the experience necessary and has the weapons around him to be one of the best qb's in the NFL. We'll see if he can grow into his potential, because honestly, you can go down the list of qb's in the history of football and it's hard to find any of them that have the same tool set Josh has.

He's a freak. 6'5" that can throw a ball faster than any qb in the history of football(that's from the combine), with elite mobility, and a wonderlic score of 37 has NEVER happened in the history of football before Josh.

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Well here's the thing about that, Bob. Few people follow Wyoming football as closely as you do (or at all). That context DOES matter, but to your average fan, all they see is the drop-off in production. Does that make them a moron? No. Maybe ignorant to St. Allen's greatness under tough circumstances, but not a moron. 

I'm glad you got to watch that masterpiece. "Wanna Breed?" 

Also, Josh Allen left after his junior season.  I think a lot of people forget that he was an FBS starter for just two years forgoing his senior season.  There was definately room for Josh to grow his skills at UW even with the abysmal WR corp.  But you can't blame a kid for striking while the iron is hot and opting for a first round draft instead of a senior season.

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Wyoming has more players in the NFL than all the other MWC teams or BYU, so BSU/USU/BYU fans need to hit the mute button on conversations about college players in the NFL.

Allen has always been a superior athlete. Now he's getting the experience necessary and has the weapons around him to be one of the best qb's in the NFL. We'll see if he can grow into his potential, because honestly, you can go down the list of qb's in the history of football and it's hard to find any of them that have the same tool set Josh has.

He's a freak. 6'5" that can throw a ball faster than any qb in the history of football(that's from the combine), with elite mobility, and a wonderlic score of 37 has NEVER happened in the history of football before Josh.

He's been very impressive but I think it's homerish to say that his stats have never happened in the history of football. Google Kaepernicks stats and you'll see he compares favorably to Josh Allen, including his wunderlic.

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

It is good to have you back, Junky.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

LOL. You've been missed. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

He's been very impressive but I think it's homerish to say that his stats have never happened in the history of football. Google Kaepernicks stats and you'll see he compares favorably to Josh Allen, including his wunderlic.

It isn't homerism. It's reality. Kaepernick had a 38 on the wonderlic, had a little bit worse mobility and athleticism, and his arm is no where near as good as Josh's.

It's a fun game to play because you can do it with most qb's in the history of the game and as far as physical tools go: Josh wins.

Joe Montana: 6'2" with an arm no where near as strong

Elway: not as good of an athlete, not as good of a runner

Tom Brady: not very athletic, not fast

You can go down the list and Josh wins against all of them when it comes to the complete package of skills.

Josh Allen has impressed me since he’s been in the NFL. You can’t argue with the fact he’s improved every time he takes the field. The Bills don’t get in the playoffs last year without him. 

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

It isn't homerism. It's reality. Kaepernick had a 38 on the wonderlic, had a little bit worse mobility and athleticism, and his arm is no where near as good as Josh's.

It's a fun game to play because you can do it with most qb's in the history of the game and as far as physical tools go: Josh wins.

Joe Montana: 6'2" with an arm no where near as strong

Elway: not as good of an athlete, not as good of a runner

Tom Brady: not very athletic, not fast

You can go down the list and Josh wins against all of them when it comes to the complete package of skills.

I don’t know how you would measure athleticism considering Kaepernick has a faster 40, shuttle and 3 cone drill. Allen can throw it harder but as you said, he throws it harder than the best qbs in history. Everything else is likely within margin of error. My point isn’t to disparage him, just to point out that your comment was hyperbole. He’s a great talent on paper and it looks like his hard work is paying off.

23 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Homerism blinding you a bit. His stats weren't exactly mind blowing his last year. 16 tds/6 INTS with 56.3% completion are quite mediocre. He did have (has) great physical tools, but he was anything but a sure thing. Traditionally when a QB regresses his last year in college over his previous year he doesn't have a great NFL career. Glad he's seeing success, but you're being the moron here. 

Yeah, sorry Bob and all other WYO fans. I just remember a Josh Allen in college that couldn't hit a wide open guy 7 yards in front of him, had no touch on short or deep balls, and struggled in general to do anything that is asked of a traditional NFL QB. He was blessed with pro-style QB measurables and could run far better than most but to think that was enough for him to be given a chance to be a starter in the NFL was a stretch. I also remember scouts saying that perhaps he didn't have a supporting cast around him in Laramie and that he would get the chance to show what he could do in post season games like the Senior Bowl. That too ended up being a disaster for him; throwing multiple interceptions in passing drills and missing the entire netting in target drills. The scouting reports after the Senior Bowl were that he failed to live up to any hype.

I'm glad to see him doing well, it is great for Wyo. and good for the MWC. My comment was made more out of surprise that he has been afforded the chance to start so many games and appears to be turning the corner in his success....luckily there was a sucky enough team in Buffalo where he landed for him to get the opportunity. I think timing and placement are two huge factors in NFL careers.

1 hour ago, TrueAg said:

Yeah, sorry Bob and all other WYO fans. I just remember a Josh Allen in college that couldn't hit a wide open guy 7 yards in front of him, had no touch on short or deep balls, and struggled in general to do anything that is asked of a traditional NFL QB. He was blessed with pro-style QB measurables and could run far better than most but to think that was enough for him to be given a chance to be a starter in the NFL was a stretch. I also remember scouts saying that perhaps he didn't have a supporting cast around him in Laramie and that he would get the chance to show what he could do in post season games like the Senior Bowl. That too ended up being a disaster for him; throwing multiple interceptions in passing drills and missing the entire netting in target drills. The scouting reports after the Senior Bowl were that he failed to live up to any hype.

I'm glad to see him doing well, it is great for Wyo. and good for the MWC. My comment was made more out of surprise that he has been afforded the chance to start so many games and appears to be turning the corner in his success....luckily there was a sucky enough team in Buffalo where he landed for him to get the opportunity. I think timing and placement are two huge factors in NFL careers.

Except none of that is true. He didn't struggle in college to hit a guy 7 yeards in front of him or to do anthing asked of a traditional QB. He could be inconsistent at times but was an excellent qb for the system we ran. The system didn't use him to put up gaudy numbers at times but he could have. 

and The senior bowl was not a disaster. He had ups and downs like most players. People that wanted to focus on his negatives I'm sure said he failed to live up to the hype but most of what I saw from there was that he showed why people were excited by him but also showed off moments that illustrated why people were concerned. 

Even to today people doubt him. After he put up the numbers last game people were saying "but it was the dolphins lets wait till he plays someone good." The same people were gushing about Cam Newton after putting up lesser numbers against the Dolphins the week before. 

18 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Except none of that is true. He didn't struggle in college to hit a guy 7 yeards in front of him or to do anthing asked of a traditional QB. He could be inconsistent at times but was an excellent qb for the system we ran. The system didn't use him to put up gaudy numbers at times but he could have. 

and The senior bowl was not a disaster. He had ups and downs like most players. People that wanted to focus on his negatives I'm sure said he failed to live up to the hype but most of what I saw from there was that he showed why people were excited by him but also showed off moments that illustrated why people were concerned. 

Even to today people doubt him. After he put up the numbers last game people were saying "but it was the dolphins lets wait till he plays someone good." The same people were gushing about Cam Newton after putting up lesser numbers against the Dolphins the week before. 

How dare you let facts get in the way of the Josh Allen sucks narrative!

41 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Agreed. He did struggle to hit the screen pass in college, but he could make every other throw on the field. In fact, he could hit the across the body throw on the run which I had only witnessed Elway and Favre being able to complete consistently.

Hell, if Buffalo wouldn't have leaked racist tweets of Josh's from high school he would have ended up number one in the draft too. I guess we should be thankful because Buffalo is in one hell of a better place than Cleveland.

If he was black he never would have been drafted and given all those chances after his numerous failures.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 9/21/2020 at 7:22 AM, OrediggerPoke said:

@Warbowcan you check your rankulator? This can’t be right.  We demand to see how the great Timmy Chang and Kellen Moore stack up!

All the rankulator comes up with is the answer of white QB privileges. Ummm

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.