halfmanhalfbronco

The Amygeddon!

17 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Unless those rights violate norms that threaten your conservative majority on the court? 

Let's call this what it is. A win for social conservatism. You're a smart dude. Yoi should be able to do that.

Let's see how she rules.  See Price Vs Chicago.

23 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Unless those rights violate norms that threaten your conservative majority on the court? 

Let's call this what it is. A win for social conservatism. You're a smart dude. Yoi should be able to do that.

Nope. I’m very in favor of the messy process of democracy in our federal system. If the left, center or right, wins the argument and wins election, I’ve got no problem with them exercising the power granted to them by the constitution. That’s what politics is for.

And this is a win for a lot more than social conservatism.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Nope. I’m very in favor of the messy process of democracy in our federal system. If the left, center or right, wins the argument and wins election, I’ve got no problem with them exercising the power granted to them by the constitution. That’s what politics is for.

And this is a win for a lot more than social conservatism.

You're right and you're wrong.

This is a win for Trump period.

He is going to the Courts when he loses the election. He's going to try and restrict mail in ballot counting. He will ask the Courts to stop counting ballots at midnight. He will even ask the Courts to overturn the election results if necessary.

Since he has appointed close to 400 judges and 3 Justices we will find out by Jan 20 if these appointments believe in the Constitution and rule of Law or if they are Trump syncophants.

The Constitution is at stake in the next 90 days.

• Haha 2

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

41 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

You're right and you're wrong.

This is a win for Trump period.

He is going to the Courts when he loses the election. He's going to try and restrict mail in ballot counting. He will ask the Courts to stop counting ballots at midnight. He will even ask the Courts to overturn the election results if necessary.

Since he has appointed close to 400 judges and 3 Justices we will find out by Jan 20 if these appointments believe in the Constitution and rule of Law or if they are Trump syncophants.

The Constitution is at stake in the next 90 days.

lol. The 2016 election was called at 2am EST

Just curious, how long do you think it will be appropriate for Dems to drag out calling the election with mail-in votes? Couple days? One week? Two weeks? This mail-in process is going to be the biggest clusterf*ck in election history, and I'd be surprised if it didn't stink of corruption. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

22 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Plot twist, ACB votes yea when a bill hits the SC for males to have reversible vasectomies at birth when all the Democrats take over Congress.

A psyche professor I had back in college used to talk about this, said people should have to apply for a "baby license" and prove a certain income/stable household to have the right to have a kid. Would likely lower poverty, single mothers, crime, etc---but birth rates would probably plummet. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Just curious, how long do you think it will be appropriate for Dems to drag out calling the election with mail-in votes? Couple days? One week? Two weeks? This mail-in process is going to be the biggest clusterf*ck in election history, and I'd be surprised if it didn't stink of corruption. 

The election results aren't officially certified on election night. "Calling the race" is done by the media. If lots of votes aren't tabulated on election night, why should the media call the race? How will we accurately know the winner?

20 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

A psyche professor I had back in college used to talk about this, said people should have to apply for a "baby license" and prove a certain income/stable household to have the right to have a kid. Would likely lower poverty, single mothers, crime, etc---but birth rates would probably plummet. 

That's a pretty good way to ensure the destruction of the United States

8 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has already ruled the signature on a ballot doesn’t have to match the persons registration signature. It will still count if the signatures don’t match. WTF

9 hours ago, Maji said:

The election results aren't officially certified on election night. "Calling the race" is done by the media. If lots of votes aren't tabulated on election night, why should the media call the race? How will we accurately know the winner?

My suspicion is if there is a vote deficit for Biden in a particular swing-state, dubiousmail-in ballots will be counted on to succumb it. 

I don't trust this mail-in process, or any party that has everything to gain from changing the  voting process from how we've traditionally done it.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

GOP got the confirmation and don't get the blame for a second stimulus if Trump doesn't win.

They won, broke Americans lost.  Americans are going to lose again as I bet everything the Dems are going to play games like the GOP did.  The cycle continues, and people cheered for it.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

My suspicion is if there is a vote deficit for Biden in a particular swing-state, dubiousmail-in ballots will be counted on to succumb it. 

I don't trust this mail-in process, or any party that has everything to gain from changing the  voting process from how we've traditionally done it.

If mail in voting catches on nationwide it could be a problem for the GOP. 

17 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Although born and bred in California, Shapiro understandably decided his home state had become too far left but rather than move his business to a politically moderate state closer to California like Nevada or Colorado, he's moving to Tennessee, a state whose flagship university has some fans who showed themselves to be by far the biggest bigots of any opponent SDSU has ever played. Never thought Ben would turn out to be such a chump. To quote a guy Shapiro once disliked immensely but now defends at every turn, "sad."

1 minute ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Although born and bred in California, Shapiro understandably decided his home state had become too far left but rather than move his business to a politically moderate state closer to California like Nevada or Colorado, he's moving to Tennessee, a state whose flagship university has some fans who showed themselves to be by far the biggest bigots of any opponent SDSU has ever played. Never thought Ben would turn out to be such a chump. To quote a guy Shapiro once disliked immensely but now defends at every turn, "sad."

I don't blame him for leaving. Drugs, homelessness , and filth have ruined major CA cities. Taxes in CA are insanely high, and quality of life is imploding. It is a shit state. 

12 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

When did you decide that your posts were going to be nothing more than Donald Trump talking points?

11 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I don't blame him for leaving. Drugs, homelessness , and filth have ruined major CA cities. Taxes in CA are insanely high, and quality of life is imploding. It is a shit state. 

I don't blame him for leaving. I've lived in California my entire life and still love the place with one exception, it's politics. I still consider myself a liberal by most people's standards but in modern Californication, I'm very much a moderate. Way too many people already by about 5 million yet if our politicians were in charge of the southern border, they'd just let people walk across unimpeded. They can't stop people from coming in from other states but they could disincentivize them by creating homeless encampments in the desert where the weather is a lot less hospitable.

Anyway, my point was Shapiro moving to Tennessee. When the Aztecs played Tennessee in the NCAAs, among the comments made on our board by their fans was that they couldn't be bigots because they had a "Jew" for a head coach (Bruce Pearl). I doubt Shapiro encountered any anti-semitism living here in L.A. but I'll bet that won't be the case in his new locale.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I don't blame him for leaving. Drugs, homelessness , and filth have ruined major CA cities.

The whole state is the Bay and Skid Row?  Interesting.  

Taxes in CA are insanely high, and quality of life is imploding.

Partly true.  Cost of living is worse than the taxes, but live in northern CA (as in north of SF area), and it is not that much different than the better areas of Idaho not named CDA, Boise, or McCall.  SD is still a great place too.  Central isn't bad and north of Malibu up to the Bay is as beautiful as can be.

It is a shit state. 

Sounds like you only visit the Bay and LA

2 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I don't blame him for leaving. I've lived in California my entire life and still love the place with one exception, it's politics. I still consider myself a liberal by most people's standards but in modern Californication, I'm very much a moderate. Way too many people already by about 5 million yet if our politicians were in charge of the southern border, they'd just let people walk across unimpeded. They can't stop people from coming in from other states but they could disincentivize them by creating homeless encampments in the desert where the weather is a lot less hospitable.

Anyway, my point was Shapiro moving to Tennessee. When the Aztecs played Tennessee in the NCAAs, among the comments made on our board by their fans was that they couldn't be bigots because they had a "Jew" for a head coach (Bruce Pearl). I doubt Shapiro encountered any anti-semitism living here in L.A. but I'll bet that won't be the case in his new locale.

People move to different locales for a lot of different reasons. Implying he just wanted to live among bigots isn’t normally your style. 

I don't blame him for leaving. I've lived in California my entire life and still love the place with one exception, it's politics. I still consider myself a liberal by most people's standards but in modern Californication, I'm very much a moderate. Way too many people already by about 5 million yet if our politicians were in charge of the southern border, they'd just let people walk across unimpeded. They can't stop people from coming in from other states but they can disincentivize them by creating homeless encampments in the desert where the weather is a lot less hospitable.

Posters who go to another team's site are typically not the folks that are indicative of the entire populace.  I am going to go on a limb and say he is going to Nashville.  He will be more than fine in the Yankee city in Tennessee.  Chattanooga, places in the Smokies, even Memphis ain't going to be anti-Semitic wastelands.

ECA, even San Diego isn't what it was when you attended SDSU.

Was just there recently, didn't see much different than when I graduated in 2012.  Certainly wasn't the Tenderloin.

• Like 2