Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

RBG has died

well this might be just the thing to awaken the Evangelicals to push for Trump.   Haven't heard near as much about Evangelicals as a group as we did in 2016 it seems.  

So it was pretty amazing that Ruth Ginsberg and Antonin Scalia could work together and get along so well despite having completely different legal philosophies.  Yet we have Pelosi and Schumer who refuse to compromise at all.  So when you hear any Democrats lament the loss of Ginsberg, just call them a hypocrite and ask why when you support the likes of Pelosi and Schumer.  

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

well this might be just the thing to awaken the Evangelicals to push for Trump.   Haven't heard near as much about Evangelicals as a group as we did in 2016 it seems.  

So it was pretty amazing that Ruth Ginsberg and Antonin Scalia could work together and get along so well despite having completely different legal philosophies.  Yet we have Pelosi and Schumer who refuse to compromise at all.  So when you hear any Democrats lament the loss of Ginsberg, just call them a hypocrite and ask why when you support the likes of Pelosi and Schumer.  

:rotflmfao:

So what if the seat is help open and the results of the election are argued in the Supreme Court, and they can’t reach a decision because it’s locked 4-4. WTF do you do then? A lot of interesting shit is about to go down, and it’s not going to be pretty. 

8 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If cocaine Mitch didn’t think this would increase his chances of keeping the senate, he wouldn’t do it. 

Or he thinks they’re going down, so he might as well do it. I don’t see how pushing this through helps them. Nothing draws out GOP voters like an open SC spot.

7 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If cocaine Mitch didn’t think this would increase his chances of keeping the senate, he wouldn’t do it. 

Whats Schumer going to do?  Yeah, just what he always does, cry like a little baby.   

So in the past I would want to wait until the election cycle is over and proceed.  But now,  oh no,  its war now and as far as I'm concerned its been war since the BS Impeachment.  

So Yeah Mitch,  cram it down their throats!  And laugh as your doing it. 

Just now, toonkee said:

Mcconnell should do whatever the rules allow. He's a pos hypocrite, but rules are rules.

Some day the Dems will control the Senate for a while and turnabout will be fair play.

He SHOULD? I’m looking forward to the 11-person SC packed with a bunch of 30 yo liberals just out of law school.

Elections have consequences. The President and senate is in power until January because of an election.  If they chose to go forward so be it. That’s what the Democrats would do in a similar situation. You guys are hypocrites. The Democrats would have done exactly what the Republicans did in 16. And they would proceed on now without a doubt. 

At the end of the day if they proceed  the liberal agenda will have to be enacted thru laws not the Supreme Court any more. Conservative ideas shouldn’t be enacted thru the court either. 

Regardless of the Election move forward and replace her. there is nothing illegal and the Democrats sure has hell would do the same thing. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

He SHOULD? I’m looking forward to the 11-person SC packed with a bunch of 30 yo liberals just out of law school.

Lol 11. If it’s not 25 in 10 years I’ll be shocked.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Mcconnell should do whatever the rules allow. He's a pos hypocrite, but rules are rules.

Some day the Dems will control the Senate for a while and turnabout will be fair play.

Amen. I’d be pissed as hell if the situation was reversed. But the Republicans have every right to proceed. Can they get 50 votes I’m not sure they can. 

At the end of day life goes on. I tune out after Election Day. Politics aren’t worth me getting upset everyday and many of my friends are liberals who are great people 

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

And then the next Republican will pack it back with 8 more conservatives and undo everything that the previous court decided on. Eventually we would have hundreds of justices on the SC and it would be a clusterf... And we would be a banana republic. Packing the court is a game that cannot be won. 

6 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

That won’t happen. Liberals just have to work harder to legislate their ideas instead of using the Supreme Court.

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

And then the next Republican will pack it back with 8 more conservatives and undo everything that the previous court decided on. Eventually we would have hundreds of justices on the SC and it would be a clusterf... And we would be a banana republic. Packing the court is a game that cannot be won. 

That’s the point. We’re playing a game now that nobody can win.

20 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

So what if the seat is help open and the results of the election are argued in the Supreme Court, and they can’t reach a decision because it’s locked 4-4. WTF do you do then? A lot of interesting shit is about to go down, and it’s not going to be pretty. 

That didn't seem to be an issue during the 2016 election. Were you crying about it then? Was there not a SCOTUS opening? Suddenly it's imperative to fill? Give me a break.