mugtang

RBG has died

8 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

In regards to the second point you basically said the same thing during Kavanaugh.  You wanted the GOP to fold just because the democrats were pissed.

That Blassey-Ford fiasco was horseshit. That was a real life beltway conspiracy to slander somebody. If the GOP folds every time the left raises a ruckus theyd never seat anybody.  Which seems to be fine with you.

I don’t agree with you on much, but I definitely agree with you when it comes to the Blassey-Ford Kavanaugh debacle.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I don’t agree with you on much, but I definitely agree with you when it comes to the Blassey-Ford Kavanaugh debacle.

Yeah except you apply the same standard to Reade and Biden.  I don’t believe he does. 

32 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

You realize congress is bicameral--which means it has two chambers: the House of Representatives and the Senate.

so you can't argue or refute my last point, so you reduce yourself to childish name calling me is an attempt to correct me....But your correction was wrong. lol you made yourself look stupid :lol:

lol you dumbass

image.png.4b4b95a10a424485bcb4ecb4fc4370b7.png

Congressman is a term used for a member of the House of Representatives.  Senator is a term reserved for a member of the US Senate.   

@Rebels18 you continue to post blatantly false statements.  Again are you disingenuous of just +++++ing stupid?   

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

In regards to the second point you basically said the same thing during Kavanaugh.  You wanted the GOP to fold just because the democrats were pissed.

That Blassey-Ford fiasco was horseshit. That was a real life beltway conspiracy to slander somebody. If the GOP folds every time the left raises a ruckus theyd never seat anybody.  Which seems to be fine with you.

That’s very fair criticism. 

49 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I am not being amusing.  I am being honest.

RBG - Complete Moron!!!

Why, all of a sudden, are you channeling the language of Trump with virtually every post? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Congressman is a term used for a member of the House of Representatives.  Senator is a term reserved for a member of the US Senate.   

@Rebels18 you continue to post blatantly false statements.  Again are you disingenuous of just +++++ing stupid?   

A congressman is a male member of Congress. Congress consists of the Senate and the House. Which can be a Senator or a Representative. Senators are not usually referred to congressman, but there was still nothing incorrect in what I said. 

Attempting (and failing laughably) to correct me on such an irrelevant detail of my post just proves you lost the argument and don't have anything remotely intelligent left to say. 

Take the L and move on. Another lib slayed by rebels18 on the MWC board! 

19 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Really? What if it was your kid being aborted? Does a father have no say in his own child?

Exactly. It's 100% the woman's body.  She makes 100% of the necessary medical sacrifices during those 9 months. The father can have a say when he makes a mutual decision with the mother to have his child, but obviously only with the mother's agreement.  If you have something like a one-night stand with a woman and she gets pregnant, the father should have zero say in her decision unless she wants his say.  

Just saw Pan's labyrinth again, and a lot of the passionate pro-life men today sound just like the Captain, using the woman as just a means to have HIS child.

17 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Why, all of a sudden, are you channeling the language of Trump with virtually every post? 

Gee. I wonder.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You have an impressive ability to not get defensive.  Whether we agree or not, I do admire your ability to not take things personally or have knee jerk reactions.  I could learn from you in that regard.

29 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Sometimes they are in the wrong. This is one of those times. Senator Graham lied to the American people multiple times. He even asked to be held accountable.

9 minutes ago, Danimaji said:

Sometimes they are in the wrong. This is one of those times. Senator Graham lied to the American people multiple times. He even asked to be held accountable.

I am pretty sure the video of Graham asking to hold him accountable will be seen over and over in South Carolina.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

You have an impressive ability to not get defensive.  Whether we agree or not, I do admire your ability to not take things personally or have knee jerk reactions.  I could learn from you in that regard.

You are not exactly a flame thrower or overly emotional (like I can be) either.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I am pretty sure the video of Graham asking to hold him accountable will be seen over and over in South Carolina.

I wouldn't be surprised if Graham benefits from this situation. Hope I'm wrong

50 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Thanks. I’m sure it’s just my amenable personality and willingness to compromise. Maybe that makes me a scumbag too :shrug: lol.  But I also believe in the promise that is America and what we aspire to be. Probably naive of me at this point but whatever. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Danimaji said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Graham benefits from this situation. Hope I'm wrong

It might.  We shall see.  Ending abortion has been a rallying cry for the right for years.  For the left it has been meh because people felt they were protected by the Supreme Court.  Ya’ll Qaeda has managed to insure it’s likely not the case.   

30 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

It might.  We shall see.  Ending abortion has been a rallying cry for the right for years.  For the left it has been meh because people felt they were protected by the Supreme Court.  Ya’ll Qaeda has managed to insure it’s likely not the case.   

I won't get into the abortion topic, but I am worried about how this SCOTUS opening is being handled. It will also impact everything policy wise

1 hour ago, Danimaji said:

I won't get into the abortion topic, but I am worried about how this SCOTUS opening is being handled. It will also impact everything policy wise

Yeah it’s going to be the end of any pretense of collegiality.  

• Like 1