mugtang

RBG has died

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

It’s pretty simple despite all your attempts at obfuscation.

Obfuscation? thelawlorfaithful? THE epitome of clarity and forthright discussion? No way!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

You're stupid if you believe the opinion of a couple of congressman represents the entire conservative platform.  He's just pandering to his base which is overwhelmingly Christian and thus pro-life. 

He is a Senator dumbass. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This sounds like old white guy strategizing. Of course it’s the smart play. 2022 is going to be a wave against whoever wins the presidency. What the hell coalition are you trying to build with that defeatist strategy.

Semi-seriously though, it might not be so bad now that half the judiciary committee have been disabused of the notion that the party wants them to be President. Other than that pray and be well, you godless heathen.

I’m just angling for SCOTUS slot #25 when it’s opened here in a few months.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

For the Right, abortion has become a feel good issue. Not an issue with nuance, grey areas, or compassion for women.

No it’s more a moral imperative based upon their religious beliefs and willingness to impose those beliefs on others. 

think Y’all Quieda

19 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

legal precedent. The GOP platform isn't even overturning it---which is just pure fear-mongering by the left. The main GOP platform is that taxpayer money shouldn't pay for it. 

That was their position. Since 2010 the push has been to eliminate Roe v Wade.

11 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

RBG was a Dummy.  Selfish person.

She should have retired years ago.

Give it a rest, Stunner. You're a "Dummy" too but nobody is calling for your retirement.

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

No it’s more a moral imperative based upon their religious beliefs and willingness to impose those beliefs on others. 

think Y’all Quieda

True.

Then, they become anti-life after birth.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Give it a rest, Stunner. You're a "Dummy" too but nobody is calling for your retirement.

RBG is a PUBLIC FIGURE, and we are therefore allowed to comment on her decisions that affected the public.

Her decision to extend her career long past her expiration date did not just affect herself (like a normal person), but affected the whole country.  We now have people threatening violence and riots if the Republicans exercise their power to name a replacement.

This could have all be avoided if Ginsberg had not selfishly kept a literal death grip on an important National job, well into her 80s...with cancer!!!  She could have allowed Obama to select a successor.

RBG.  Will go down in history as a selfish moron.

RBG - Dummy.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

RBG.  Will go down in history as a selfish moron.

To you maybe but not to informed, rational human beings.

11 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

To you maybe but not to informed, rational human beings.

But, you are a not an informed, rational human being so I take it you think that RBG is a foolish Dummy.

Agreed!

21 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

But, you are a not an informed, rational human being so I take it you think that RBG is a foolish Dummy.

Agreed!

I know you think you are amusing and I agree RBG should have retired but sometimes you really are a complete asshole.

25 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Agreed!

Fair enough

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I know you think you are amusing and I agree RBG should have retired but sometimes you really are a complete asshole.

I am not being amusing.  I am being honest.

RBG - Complete Moron!!!

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

He is a Senator dumbass. 

You realize congress is bicameral--which means it has two chambers: the House of Representatives and the Senate.

so you can't argue or refute my last point, so you reduce yourself to childish name calling me is an attempt to correct me....But your correction was wrong. lol you made yourself look stupid :lol:

lol you dumbass

image.png.4b4b95a10a424485bcb4ecb4fc4370b7.png

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mugtang said:

A couple of things here.

1) RBG was selfish for not retiring during Obama’s second term when her health started to deteriorate.  Say what you want about the rest of her tenure on the Supreme Court, that was exceptionally selfish and stupid. 

2) Tearing the country apart to seat a Supreme Court justice quickly is incredibly stupid and short sighted.  

In regards to the second point you basically said the same thing during Kavanaugh.  You wanted the GOP to fold just because the democrats were pissed.

That Blassey-Ford fiasco was horseshit. That was a real life beltway conspiracy to slander somebody. If the GOP folds every time the left raises a ruckus theyd never seat anybody.  Which seems to be fine with you.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1
4 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Boggles my mind how the people most passionate about abortion (one way or the other) are men. You know the sex that it has zero effect on directly? 

This is between a woman, her doctor, and her priest if applicable. It's none of our damn business.

Really? What if it was your kid being aborted? Does a father have no say in his own child?

• Like 1