Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

RBG has died

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Do you really think Romney is more motivated by getting at Trump than his own convictions?  I think Romney is pretty strongly against choice and will vote based on that conviction. I see Romney voting to advance the nomination and would be surprised if he doesn’t.  I think Romney has proven he will vote his convictions regardless of political expediency.

Romney isn’t on the Judiciary Committee, so his vote would only be on confirmation. 

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

More obfuscation with irrelevant points.  Btw I hope Kermit rots in hell if he did as you claim.   By no means am I an extremist on this issue.   

“Your point completely refuted my mine with regard to “back alley abortions” and there not being a damn thing a Supreme Court justice can do about them, but I am not an extremist.” 

Got it.

Hows that days old claim of “nobody is arguing to change the system of government“ holding up? 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

21 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I know you think you are amusing and I agree RBG should have retired but sometimes you really are a complete asshole.

I try to keep in mind that at this point in time, our politics, the environment and the pandemic have gotten things so effed up that it's difficult for any of us to be unsphincterian all of the time. That certainly includes me.

2 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Are we also pretending that it doesnt matter that the presidents party holds the senate in 2020 as opposed to 2016?

Look man, I just want the Senate to do their job.....

I didnt know september was the cutoff, must have missed that memo.  Its not ok to hold off in March, but its out of line to have a vote in September.

I understand now.

Nor do I remember Cocaine Mitch talking about opposing parties in 2016. It’s all just funny to me that we’re trotting out quotes from whomever, as if this whole thing isn’t drowning in hypocrisy. I mean, the senate is usually out of session in October of an election year (I believe the schedule was to shut it down oct.12). You know they wouldn’t have kept it open for a stimulus bill. But I won’t pretend that it would be any different if the shoe was on the other foot. 

let’s be perfectly honest. We’re going to twist whatever we can to justify what we want. (Look at Graham. Lol.) 

4 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I try to keep in mind that at this point in time, our politics, the environment and the pandemic have gotten things so effed up that it's difficult for any of us to be unsphincterian all of the time. That certainly includes me.

Me as well

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

No way he does that.  It would be political suicide in UT.  He’s already losing popularity here.

4 years is a long time to rebuild his popularity. And just going off his impeachment vote I wonder if he even wants to run for re-election in 24. I don’t know what he will do, but he may be old enough where he doesn’t really care if he does something that could kill his re-election chances. 

11 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Btw, Graham deserves all the grief he is getting for that interview where he said "we would wait for the next president"

Stupid thing to say, it bit him in the ass.

What were the odds?!?!?!?

I actually think the Democrats should not do anything for awhile and let all the Republican Senators facing re-election have a crisis of conscience for a bit.

3 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

What were the odds?!?!?!?

I actually think the Democrats should not do anything for awhile and let all the Republican Senators facing re-election have a crisis of conscience for a bit.

you got me lol GIF by BrownSugarApp

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

4 years is a long time to rebuild his popularity. And just going off his impeachment vote I wonder if he even wants to run for re-election in 24. I don’t know what he will do, but he may be old enough where he doesn’t really care if he does something that could kill his re-election chances. 

There's also some smoke that he'd be considered as Secretary of State in a possible Biden Administration. In any event, I doubt he'll be looking for re-election in 2024 anyway. He's already 73, and would be 77 in 2024. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

There's also some smoke that he'd be considered as Secretary of State in a possible Biden Administration. In any event, I doubt he'll be looking for re-election in 2024 anyway. He's already 73, and would be 77 in 2024. 

Good point.  But he is also definitely anti abortion.  I just don’t see him stopping this one over a personal grudge but I could be wrong.  

5 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

No way he does that.  It would be political suicide in UT.  He’s already losing popularity here.

He might be ready to retire. But a guy like Romney probably cares about his legacy, however, TDS is as powerful as a Testosterone overdosed sex drive in combination with having opioid withdrawal and wanting it so bad that the person will rob a pharmacy. It’s a tricky thing for those afflicted to navigate. 

kat.jpg