Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

RBG has died

19 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Really? What if it was your kid being aborted? Does a father have no say in his own child?

Exactly. It's 100% the woman's body.  She makes 100% of the necessary medical sacrifices during those 9 months. The father can have a say when he makes a mutual decision with the mother to have his child, but obviously only with the mother's agreement.  If you have something like a one-night stand with a woman and she gets pregnant, the father should have zero say in her decision unless she wants his say.  

Just saw Pan's labyrinth again, and a lot of the passionate pro-life men today sound just like the Captain, using the woman as just a means to have HIS child.

19 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That’s very fair criticism. 

You have an impressive ability to not get defensive.  Whether we agree or not, I do admire your ability to not take things personally or have knee jerk reactions.  I could learn from you in that regard.

9 minutes ago, Danimaji said:

Sometimes they are in the wrong. This is one of those times. Senator Graham lied to the American people multiple times. He even asked to be held accountable.

I am pretty sure the video of Graham asking to hold him accountable will be seen over and over in South Carolina.

23 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

You have an impressive ability to not get defensive.  Whether we agree or not, I do admire your ability to not take things personally or have knee jerk reactions.  I could learn from you in that regard.

You are not exactly a flame thrower or overly emotional (like I can be) either.  

14 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I am pretty sure the video of Graham asking to hold him accountable will be seen over and over in South Carolina.

I wouldn't be surprised if Graham benefits from this situation. Hope I'm wrong

50 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Thanks. I’m sure it’s just my amenable personality and willingness to compromise. Maybe that makes me a scumbag too :shrug: lol.  But I also believe in the promise that is America and what we aspire to be. Probably naive of me at this point but whatever. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, Danimaji said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Graham benefits from this situation. Hope I'm wrong

It might.  We shall see.  Ending abortion has been a rallying cry for the right for years.  For the left it has been meh because people felt they were protected by the Supreme Court.  Ya’ll Qaeda has managed to insure it’s likely not the case.   

30 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

It might.  We shall see.  Ending abortion has been a rallying cry for the right for years.  For the left it has been meh because people felt they were protected by the Supreme Court.  Ya’ll Qaeda has managed to insure it’s likely not the case.   

I won't get into the abortion topic, but I am worried about how this SCOTUS opening is being handled. It will also impact everything policy wise

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Why, all of a sudden, are you channeling the language of Trump with virtually every post? 

You see what you want to see.  ^^^

Trump is much more complimentary to Ginsburg than I am.

Ginsburg = Foolish Moron. 

Her selfishness of insisting being a Judge in her late 80s (with cancer!), rather than retiring, screwed the Democratic party over.  Plenty of younger liberal judges could have done the same job she was doing.  She was easily replaceable when Obama was President.  She's a DUMMY.

3 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Exactly. It's 100% the woman's body.  She makes 100% of the necessary medical sacrifices during those 9 months. The father can have a say when he makes a mutual decision with the mother to have his child, but obviously only with the mother's agreement.  If you have something like a one-night stand with a woman and she gets pregnant, the father should have zero say in her decision unless she wants his say.  

Just saw Pan's labyrinth again, and a lot of the passionate pro-life men today sound just like the Captain, using the woman as just a means to have HIS child.

You are right. It’s 100% the woman’s body and she does make the medical sacrifice for those 9 months. Fathers make the financial sacrifice for the next 18 years. She can’t get pregnant outside a lab without a man. So yes the man has a right to offer his opinion in the situation. 

If a woman decides she wants the kid and the dad doesn’t then why is the father financially responsible for the next 18 years? 

Im not for deadbeat dads but I’m for equality. If a woman can unilaterally decide she wants to abort a kid against the fathers wishes then why should a man be financially responsible if he does not want to be a father? 

30 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

You see what you want to see.  ^^^

Trump is much more complimentary to Ginsburg than I am.

Ginsburg = Foolish Moron. 

Her selfishness of insisting being a Judge in her late 80s (with cancer!), rather than retiring, screwed the Democratic party over.  Plenty of younger liberal judges could have done the same job she was doing.  She was easily replaceable when Obama was President.  She's a DUMMY.

Meh, easy to judge.