Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

RBG has died

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

So I think that's Murkowski, Grassley, Romney, Graham, and Collins that have all said within the last two years that they would not seat a replacement Justice before the election.

A Romney spokesman said that was fake news. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Yes, the Human Life Protection act is based on these restrictions which I will post again are extremely reasonable:

RESTRICTIONS ON ABORTION
In Alabama, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of September 1, 2020:

-A patient must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage the patient from having an abortion, and then wait 48 hours before the procedure is provided. -- wow 48 hour counseling to make sure the mom isn't making a rash decision
-Health plans offered in the state’s health exchange under the Affordable Care Act can only cover abortion in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.-- Pay for your own mistakes. Taxpayers shouldn't be burdened by this. 
-The use of telemedicine to administer medication abortion is prohibited.--no more video conference abortions. Drive your ass to a clinic. 
-The parent of a minor must consent before an abortion is provided. This is obvious
-Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.--Pay for your own murder, don't burden the taxpayer because you didn't want to use a rubber. 
-A patient must undergo an ultrasound before obtaining an abortion; the provider must offer the patient the option to view the image.---A last ditch effort to appeal to a mother's moral dignity and take a look at the life growing inside of her before killing it
-An abortion may be performed at 20 or more weeks postfertilization (22 weeks after the last menstrual period) only in cases of life endangerment or severely compromised physical health. This law is based on the assertion, which is inconsistent with scientific evidence and has been rejected by the medical community, that a fetus can feel pain at that point in pregnancy. --no abortions after 22 weeks which the definition of  "life endangering"  is becoming very ambiguous w/ pro-abortion people to the point of loophole
-The state requires abortion clinics to meet unnecessary and burdensome standards related to their physical plant, equipment and staffing.- Love to see this being spun into negative. High standards for an abortion clinic's equipment, staffing, and plant is not a bad thing. Mostly hygienic. 

Goodness.  Go back and read the actual 2019 bill!

you are quoting existing law not the 2019 Human Life Protection Act!

That act bans abortions in all cases except for the life of the mother.   Their are not exceptions for rape, incest or viability.  (which btw, if you truly believe a zygote is a human life is the correct opinion)   But’s it’s clear you are just spouting your propaganda without actually reading anything.

18 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

We are about to go through a political shitstorm unlike no other since the 1860s. 

1. Unfortunately, to turn things around the country needs something which greatly hurts both sides.

2. Ultimately, just like in the 1860s, the blues will be hurt considerably less.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

No one’s death delights me. She believed in her convictions no matter how misguided they may have been. That’s admirable to a certain degree

She is responsible for many of the Civil Rights you and your wife have.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

So you are advocating restricting what age women can get pregnant also????

No. Just outlying the risks in women aborting children while they're young (and their eggs and reproductive health is at it's peak)  vs. waiting to be 30+ and be at higher risk for the child having mental or physical birth defects. If anyone is advocating what age women should have kids, it's liberals. It's been a very highly promoted 'progressive' ideal for women to "live it up" or advance their careers in their 20s and even early 30s and have kids later in life. It's actually a sick joke, as many of these women end of not having kids at all because most men prefer a younger woman to have children with.. I used to get a twinge in my stomach when I was on dating apps and I see a 35 year old chick with "Wants kids someday" in her profile. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

A couple of things here.

1) RBG was selfish for not retiring during Obama’s second term when her health started to deteriorate.  Say what you want about the rest of her tenure on the Supreme Court, that was exceptionally selfish and stupid. 

2) Tearing the country apart to seat a Supreme Court justice quickly is incredibly stupid and short sighted.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Has Graham said what he will do?  I know what he said in 2016 but hypocrisy isn’t exactly new for politicians. 

Yes. 

Just now, sactowndog said:

What makes you say that? 

What did the last guy get 52 votes. It’s just my uneducated guess. Plus how contentious this will be. This will be the last one on steroids. Especially if Biden wins I don’t think they get the 50 votes. And I doubt they can get this done before the Election. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 minute ago, Rebels18 said:

No. Just outlying the risks in women aborting children while they're young (and their eggs and reproductive health is at it's peak)  vs. waiting to be 30+ and be at higher risk for the child having mental or physical birth defects. If anyone is advocating what age women should have kids, it's liberals. It's been a very highly promoted 'progressive' ideal for women to "live it up" or advance their careers in their 20s and even early 30s and have kids later in life. It's actually a sick joke, as many of these women end of not having kids at all because most men prefer a younger woman to have children with.. I used to get a twinge in my stomach when I was on dating apps and I see a 35 year old chick with "Wants kids someday" in her profile. 

Wow quite judgemental aren’t we.

in my opinion, I only see two “moral” options:

1) abortion is taking human life and therefore no exception can be made except in the case of self defense “life of the mother”

2) when human life begins prior to birth is a matter religious belief and the US doesn’t impose religious belief on others.  

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Has Graham said what he will do?  I know what he said in 2016 but hypocrisy isn’t exactly new for politicians. 

What’s interesting is that Graham isn’t that far ahead in the polls, in the most recent Quinnipiac poll he and Harrison were actually tied. Given his comments in 2016 its possible he could pay a big political price for backing an effort to fill the seat. 

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

A couple of things here.

1) RBG was selfish for not retiring during Obama’s second term when her health started to deteriorate.  Say what you want about the rest of her tenure on the Supreme Court, that was exceptionally selfish and stupid. 

2) Tearing the country apart to seat a Supreme Court justice quickly is incredibly stupid and short sighted.  

I agree on both parts.  Make it an election option 

2 minutes ago, robe said:

What did the last guy get 52 votes. It’s just my uneducated guess. Plus how contentious this will be. This will be the last one on steroids. Especially if Biden wins I don’t think they get the 50 votes. And I doubt they can get this done before the Election. 

True but I believe they have a larger majority this time.  (I could be incorrect here)  too lazy to look it up.

You have to lose 4 Republican votes and keep Manchin which is a high bar.   Count the votes and tell me where you think they are.  

10 minutes ago, mugtang said:

A couple of things here.

RGB's ego got in the way. With how the media worshipped her I'm not surprised it went to her head. Her frequent absences (and thus lack deliberation of on cases) has made her a complete liability on the court for the last 2 years due to her declining health. 

The democrats and the media want Trump to play nice with the vacancy after the Kavanaugh fiasco and attempting to impeach him based on conspiracy theories for his entire 1st term? Yeah, good luck w/ that. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

you're the one lying to your sister about a return to "back alley abortions" 

degenerate.

By what set of reasoning do you deduce that Roe v Wade is safe ?

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

If your talking God, the Father then sure. If your talking the patient's father than I highly disagree. He does not own his daughter's body.

I'm referring to the father of the baby.

Americans Mayor

7 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

By what set of reasoning do you deduce that Roe v Wade is safe ?

legal precedent. The GOP platform isn't even overturning it---which is just pure fear-mongering by the left. The main GOP platform is that taxpayer money shouldn't pay for it. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif