Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

RBG has died

15 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

And it still won't matter. SCOTUS picks are for life. Trump will ram through someone who will rubber stamp any lawsuit on Democratic passed legislation for the rest of our lifetimes. At this very moment, Trump is both supporting a lawsuit against Obamacare being struck down while promising he will protect people with preexisting conditions and promising "something awesome" to replace it. It's not just him though. The replacement plan for Obamacare that the GOP has been promising has been coming any day now for LITERALLY ELEVEN YEARS.

The Senate is already structurally favorable towards the GOP. The House is already heavily gerrymandered in the GOP's favor. The electoral college is already heavily favorable to the GOP. And now the Supreme Court won't even have a swing vote.

But, sure, we'll keep living in a democracy where every vote matters and the will of the people is reflected. /sarcasm

In other words, no plan which is what they have wanted since Medicare was implemented.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, Bob said:

No one’s death delights me. She believed in her convictions no matter how misguided they may have been. That’s admirable to a certain degree

Well said Bob.  Thanks for your thoughts, and you are right in this case.

9 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

The irony is the loss of RGB is going to be a big step back for the rights she championed. I’m not sure how many get that.  I told my conservative leaning sister that the loss of RBG would mean a return to back alley abortions and she responded “really”.   She had no idea.

You lied to your sister.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

15 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Optics worse than the government forcibly removing women’s uterus?  Please tell me I read that wrong.  

They're immigrants so it doesn't matter

Americans Mayor

image.png.05170ac11a5e467248b96e8f653acd93.png

This has been their plan all-along. Once again, Democrats threatening to change the rules if they don't get their way. They would hand pick 4 far-left justices to bring it to 13 and swing the Supreme Court back in their favor. Can't say I'm surprised, they've been packing courts with activist judges for years because they can't win legislatively 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

12 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

The irony is the loss of RGB is going to be a big step back for the rights she championed. I’m not sure how many get that.  I told my conservative leaning sister that the loss of RBG would mean a return to back alley abortions and she responded “really”.   She had no idea.

lol liberal fantasy. Not reality.

Also maybe just consider not getting an abortion (ya'know not murdering a life because it's inconvenient for you) or practicing safe sex you f*cking degenerates. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

That was one of the most disgusting displays of partisan politics by the Demorats I’ve ever seen. After that I came to understand how power hungry they are and they will do ANYTHING to regain that power. There is no room for playing fair or compromising with power hungry assholes. 

While I agree it was disgusting, consider what was at stake for many women.  The right to personal control over their own bodies.  In some states the right to decide, if they are raped whether they have to bear the baby of their rapist.   The right to decide if all their life goals get derailed due to an unwanted pregnancy.  You may disagree with the statements above but it is certainly how they see it.

So a board full of men pontificating about their tactics in a fight for such a basic right is pretty rich.   Especially those same men who marched with guns over wearing a +++++ing mask.  I wonder what the male tactics would have been if such a major and personal right were about to be taken from them?  

15 hours ago, Blue voodoo said:

The wicked witch  is dead  special place in hell for her.

You're an asshole. Try googling her instead of blindly repeating the Trumpian propaganda

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

lol liberal fantasy. Not reality.

Also maybe just consider not getting an abortion (ya'know not murdering a life because it's inconvenient for you) or practicing safe sex you f*cking degenerates. 

You +++++ing moron you have no idea of my personal belief around safe sex.  

5 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

image.png.05170ac11a5e467248b96e8f653acd93.png

This has been their plan all-along. Once again, Democrats threatening to change the rules if they don't get their way. They would hand pick 4 far-left justices to bring it to 13 and swing the Supreme Court back in their favor. Can't say I'm surprised, they've been packing courts with activist judges for years because they can't win legislatively 

They would likely have to have a margin of several Dem Senators to actively do that.  I really doubt every Dem senator would be on board with this.   And if Trump does win they can just talk about it. 

8 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You lied to your sister.

You think a court that upheld access to abortion rites by a 5-4 vote on the grounds of precedent won’t overturn abortion by a group of Right wing “Christian” theologians/jurists?   I would love to hear your rational.   

3 hours ago, NVGiant said:

So thinking of the politics. From the Democratic side, are they better off accepting that they’re beat on this one? Sure, you make a big deal about McConnell’s hypocrisy, call out all the Republicans who said they wouldn’t stand for a nomination right before an election, and do the usual sad song about court polarization. But it seems as though they’d be better off in November if the Republicans ram this through before the election, taking the issue of a vacant SC spot off the table, and Dems fight the good fight and avoid the nonsense of the Kavanaugh spectacle.

Ultimately, Dems have to know they are powerless to stop this. Take the L and focus on 2020, right? Of course, that won’t happen. But politically, it’s the right play.

This sounds like old white guy strategizing. Of course it’s the smart play. 2022 is going to be a wave against whoever wins the presidency. What the hell coalition are you trying to build with that defeatist strategy.

Semi-seriously though, it might not be so bad now that half the judiciary committee have been disabused of the notion that the party wants them to be President. Other than that pray and be well, you godless heathen.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Supreme Court was originally 5.  It was once 10.  The count changed a lot the first 100 years, for reasons both practical and political.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

You think a court that upheld access to abortion rites by a 5-4 vote on the grounds of precedent won’t overturn abortion by a group of Right wing “Christian” theologians/jurists?   I would love to hear your rational.   

What does overturning abortion look like where you live, where your sister lives? Not that that is going to happen, only one of these justices were part of the deciding 5-4 decision on abortion and none of them have ever voted to make abortion constitutionally illegal.