Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

RBG has died

“The American people‎ should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new President.”

- Cocaine Mitch McConnell, February 13, 2016.

https://www.mcconnell.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ID=8E6839F9-181B-42F5-B8F0-F4244B9D7927

6 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Well if we're not even gonna pretend the court is apolitical then +++++ it, lean in.

Bring on court packing 

If they can successfully pull this off AND Trump loses AND the Dems win the Senate I think the Dems might actually try to either expand the court or impose term limits on Justices. In a year with a global pandemic, intense riots regarding racial injustice, hurricanes, and half of the west coast on fire, the Supreme Court is about to be front and center in this presidential race. 

9 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

If they can successfully pull this off AND Trump loses AND the Dems win the Senate I think the Dems might actually try to either expand the court or impose term limits on Justices. In a year with a global pandemic, intense riots regarding racial injustice, hurricanes, and half of the west coast on fire, the Supreme Court is about to be front and center in this presidential race. 

Think constitutional limits 

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Some smart Senators could stop it.  But doubt they will and I fear the repercussions 

I assume you mean riots if the GOP puts  through a SCOTUS pick. Is that what we have been reduced to? Threats of Violence and destruction to intimidate US senators. 

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Just a reminder that this situation wouldn’t exist if the filibuster on judicial nominations still existed. 

Ok. Please proceed with how the GOP is killing Senate norms. 

Uh wait.  What was the vote to end cloture.  I think it passed with unanimous Rep support and Dem opposition.

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m going to laugh my ass off if a new conservative justice is confirmed and Trump is re-elected. The leftist heads will explode. 

How will you feel if Trump loses and the Dems start running a train on Republicans like never seen before? Equally as likely IMO.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

4 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

How will you feel if Trump loses and the Dems start running a train on Republicans like never seen before? Equally as likely IMO.

That’s the way the game is played now. Trump didn’t start this either. Politics is no longer about noble discussions regarding policy aiming to make our country better. It’s about humiliating and standing over the other side  after their defeat. Unfortunate, but that is reality.